• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Friday wedding what do you think?

starlight1

Reaction score
Wer going to start planning out wedding for nxt year and the hotel I want it at has no Saturdays available in may June July or August so was thinking Friday. Will people come? What do you think about it? X

I'm getting married on a Friday, through choice! A lot of people get married on weekdays now as its usually cheaper :) xx

I think it depends on who you want to come ect..
I originally wanted to get married on a Friday as i had heard it was cheaper.
Several venues we asked said they offered no discount on fridays..
But the one we did go for did, but when i discussed it with my mum she reminded me that alot of our guests have children, so if it was a friday they wouldnt be able to come.
Also quite a few of my guests will be travelling and my mum suggested they probably wouldnt want to be travelling through rush hour on a friday morning..
In the long run it worked out better for us to have it on a saturday..

However if neither of these things concern you i would definately go for a friday!

No one really needs to travel far and we live in rural area so no traffic problems and I know this might sound a bit selfish but the important people we want there will take the time off work and if others don't I'm not really bothered. Our venue only holds 170 and I think we might struggle to keep it this low so if some carnt come then it will probly work out abit better lol. How did u guys pick your date I don't really know how to pick? Xx

Definitely! We're getting married on a Wednesday because of cost, and I do really panic people won't come but apart from MIL having a tantrum no one has said a thing!

As the others have said it depends on your guests. We considered Friday but a lot of our guests would have to travel, some for 8-9 hours so we wanted to minimise how much time they would have to take off work.

We're having a Friday wedding and no one has complained to us yet! If you want a Friday go for a Friday :flower:

We knew we wanted Feb and I was waiting for the vicar to call back so I quickly said to OH pick a date, and he picked the 7th et voila! Haha xx

We got married on a thurday and people came. As my parents said, those who really want to be there will make the effort.

Most of our guests took the friday off work too so they had a nice 4 day weekend as well.

M

I got married on a Friday a year ago and it was fine. People knew the date about a year before and I sent invites at the beginning of the year so people could book the day off work (wedding was in may) there were no issues and even my cousins managed to get the day off school fine. as long as you gibe the people enough notice, it's fine : ) x

Ohh yeah I'm sending my invites out early too, but I also sent save the dates zx

September/October whenever they're ready, mainly because our hen and stags are in nov, then Xmas and I want them out of e way before then xx

I live right by a stately home and there are weddings there every Friday, Saturday and some other days during the week during the whole summer, so I would say it is now as popular as a Saturday.

We had ours on a Monday, we gave about four weeks notice as we only started organising it two weeks before that and we still had over 100 guests.

We almost had to have a Friday wedding but managed to get the last Saturday available at our venue. I know Fridays are popular as often they are discounted, and it's a good day because people only need to take one day off work and then have the whole weekend for recovering! Plus if your wedding is in the school holidays then it won't be an issue for guests with children.

September/October whenever they're ready, mainly because our hen and stags are in nov, then Xmas and I want them out of e way before then xx

I was thinking middle of November so I'm not that far behind you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->