friendly warning about the hibebe lcd doppler

ProudMum

Reaction score
I have just spent 2 hrs looking for babies HB convincing myself of all sorts...
I eventually found the LO but realized why I couldnt pick up the HB.
They are so sensitive that the louder your heart races the less chance you have of picking it up.
I was in a right panic, couldnt find baby anywhere, I was tossing and turning to try make baby move into another position but nothing- LO was obviously near the placenta and was also hiding near one of the areas in my body that has a pulse running near it- ie: groin area- the closer to the groin, the louder my pulse and the doppler just couldnt pick up the baby.
It was in the background but the LCD screen was only registering mine so I had no indication of where little en was..

I must say, it absolutely terrified me :( :( :(

I will definitely not be checking as often anymore...it causes panic.

Thats why i decided against it. I have been tempted as i lost my 1st and im nervous. But when they find her heartbeat sometimes they pick up mine other times the placenta that id awasy be 2nd guessing myself. Im 27 weeks and my baby will hide the 2nd they try. Sometimes even now it takes a few inutes to find it and sounds really far away that id conveince myself of alsorts. I also read a report on using them at home and it said that these dopplers give women piece of mind when in fact there could still be something wrong

9 weeks is early also. The hibebe is fabulous starting at around week 11/12. I have uterine fibroids and the doctor told me this would cause the doppler to possibly not pick up the heartbeat but I still found it loud and clear.

I have found the baby every morning and night since 9 weeks, today was the exception.
I have also just read that its advised not to use them all the time because of unknown effects on the baby, is this correct? like I said, I use mine every mornin and sometimes at night aswell.

I know what you mean. There was one day I couldn't find the hb, but I had no problem the next day. Yesterday I tried for a good 20 mins and didn't get so much as a fleeting sound. Got ready for bed and tried again only to find it much quieter and in an entirely different place.

As much as you know it's normal not to find the hb sometimes, it does scare the crap out of you. The last time I checked before yesterday. it was loud and strong, so I was worried not hearing anything at all.

I don't check every day as I know that would upset me, but I like to listen weekly. I never rely on the doppler display to tell me where the hb is, I can recognise the sound even if it's very faint.

I know what you mean. There was one day I couldn't find the hb, but I had no problem the next day. Yesterday I tried for a good 20 mins and didn't get so much as a fleeting sound. Got ready for bed and tried again only to find it much quieter and in an entirely different place.

As much as you know it's normal not to find the hb sometimes, it does scare the crap out of you. The last time I checked before yesterday. it was loud and strong, so I was worried not hearing anything at all.

I don't check every day as I know that would upset me, but I like to listen weekly. I never rely on the doppler display to tell me where the hb is, I can recognise the sound even if it's very faint.

Mine this morning was loud and strong too which is why I was absolutely beside myself earlier.

It sounds ever so windy in there lol....
Do you have the same doppler then???

Hopefully it's ok to use daily.

Mine this morning was loud and strong too which is why I was absolutely beside myself earlier.

It sounds ever so windy in there lol....
Do you have the same doppler then???

Hopefully it's ok to use daily.

I use the Sonotrax B which is pretty similar I believe. I don't think it's as accurate at picking up the heartrate as the hi-bebe ones though.

I had bad wind yesterday and was wondering if that's why I was having so much trouble. Funnily enough, just before I went to bed and successfully heard it, I had a good couple of farts lol. I wouldn't be surprised if my busy intestines were blocking the signal. :D

Some experts recommend you don't use dopplers more than 2-3 times a week just because they don't know if higher use can cause any problems. It's just a precaution though, ultrasound has been in use for decades and there has not been one single report of it having any negative effects. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->