Friends child with similar name

Jencocoa

Reaction score
We like the name Adelia. My good friend had a baby 5 weeks ago and named her Amelia. We didn't even realize it rhymed until my daughter pointed it out lol. Too close? Weird?

Depends how close you are?is it pronounced ad e leah?
If so I think it's fine xx

I wouldn't change my choices for anyone... one of my old friends named their child Jake (3 years after I had my son) and honestly its never bothered me

I don't think they are too similar at all. If it makes you feel any better I have close friends with 2 girls close in age names Ava and Ada.

Also, back in the 80's my parents friends (who had known my dad since kindergarten) had a little girl about 3 years after I was born and they gave her the same name as me. Even though we saw each other often it was never an issue.

I think they are different enough, and like other posters said, it probably won't bother anyone.

My good friends just named their second baby Gabriel -- and they had told me they just loved his name and wanted to use it for the next baby they had. I didn't feel weird/upset/anything about it :) We obviously have good taste hahaha ;)

We have Amaya, Emilia and Aniela all cousins in our family so im sure its fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->