From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Yay, excellent news sbmack! :happydance: So pleased everything is ok! x

I'm so happy for you, sbmack! I had a feeling everything was just fine with you and your bun. When is your next appointment/ultrasound?

sbmack - I had a thought about the midwife who told you that you were probably miscarrying. Maybe she felt that with your hcg levels so high, she would see more on the ultrasound (like fetal pole, maybe even heartbeat). I know that over 1000-1500, you should be able to see something on an ultrasound, but I'm not sure if there are guidelines for matching levels to ultrasounds beyond that. Sounds like it's not really a good idea, if that's what she was doing.

Hi girls, I've been MIA because there's been plenty of action at home. I've been wanting to post a message, but each time I started I had to leave it unfinished. Just a real quick one, my girl is gassy and I she's been waking up asking for comfort. We haven't figured out how to avoid it or treat it. My mother in law was helping us for two weeks, mainly with night feedings, but she's gone now, so it's just two of us. My husband has taken over the night feeding, so I usually get about 5 straight hours of sleep. I feed her around midnight, dh covers the 3am feeding and then I get up for 6am. It has varied though. Some nights she would sleep for 4,5h at a time and last couple of nights she wanted to eat every 2 hours, I think she's going through a growth spurt and is hungry all the time. And now that gas... makes her miserable sometimes.

Daydream, I really like kellymom, a lot of useful info and so many additional links they provide. I'm currently also reading On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the GIFT of Nighttime Sleep and found quite a few useful tips.

Chloe, hope daycare is a good experience for you and your baby.

Sb, glad you got to see the heartbeat.

Mrs P, shoot, Anne's crying, it's breaking my heart. I will post this now and will try to finish the message later otherwise I'll never post anything.

Great news, sb! Wasn't it wonderful seeing the heartbeat?? So happy for you!

Katie, gabby was gassy in the beginning too. Still is, but she manages it much better. Anne's little system will mature and gas won't bother her anymore. Hang in there! I found that pushing gabbys knees up to her chest helped to relieve some of the gas for her. Glad you found a good feeding system. Are you pumping for the night feed or giving formula? Hope you are enjoying motherhood!

Katie- you are doing great! getting that much sleep at three weeks out is really very good. And yes, she will be gassy, just like Chloe said, that digestive system has to get used to processing food. It will get so much better over the next few weeks.

H did great with his vaccinations today, slept & ate a lot, but was still smiley. Now he's a bit grumpy, so we'll see how tonight goes. FX for some good sleep.

:rofl: no problem Katie! Speak to you soon!

Funny you girls talking about your babies having bad gas, I heard bf babies don't usually get much wind compared to bottle feeding!

Daydream great H was good for his injections!

x

Ok, Anne ate and farted throughout the whole feeding, so hopefully she'll sleep till the next feeding and I'll have some :coffee: time. I never thought I'd be so excited to hear farts or burps. It's like music to my ears. Seeing poop is very exciting and reassuring too.

MrsP, is your BAG PACKED YET?! It's coming any day now. Can't wait to hear your birth story and see the pictures of the little one. I'm guessing it's a girl. You should also post your recent bump pictures. You had asked about pads earlier: I haven't really used any, my milk isn't leaking. You were also discussing naps. I was never a napper and naps would only spoil my day, but now is a different story. I can lay down any time of the day or night and be asleep within 10 minutes. It helps me a lot.

Cat, you're an onion already:) It seems like it's been ages since I was an onion. It's hard to think that little girl of mine was once the size of an onion. Once you meet your baby, it's hard to imagine your life without her/him. It's like she's been here forever and everything else is irrelevant and happened in a different life with a different person. Keep your eye on that platelet count.

Chloe, your comments about leaking during certain occasions made me laugh. I knew that a hormone is released when getting ready to feed the baby or just thinking about her, which releases the milk, but I never leaked like that. It seems like my milk only comes out when there's suction or pressure applied. I pump for the night feeding and the time it takes to pump a certain amount varies significantly (I only use a manual Lansinoh pump). Funny you mentioned a friend in Bethesda, that's where I was originally going to give birth, but we changed our mind later. Any new pictures of Gabby you'd like to share?

Daydream, 5 minute feedings only? Wow! How often do you feed now? My girl's breaks between feedings seem to increase and sometimes she only gets 7 feedings in 24h. Seems like it's too soon to cut down on feedings, but she looks happy, is gaining weight, so I don't force her to eat by the clock. Last night I fed her at midnight and she didn't wake up until 4:30, ate, passed out and slept till 8am, then I woke her up to feed her again, because I was afraid she's not getting enough food. Would love to see an updated photo of Harrison!

Sb, hope you're doing well. So glad all that midwife talk was nonsense and your baby keeps developing. Makes you appreciate and treasure that little miracle even more.

:haha: nope still not packed!! :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: I promise I will this week though! I'm sitting on my gym ball having a good bounce, it's very comfortable lol! My friend has recommended raspberry leaf capsules, I've got some tea bags but not tried it yet & heard it tastes yack! I have another couple of bump pics to upload. Any more pics of Anne? My bump is funny, it's so compact I look like I've got a football stuffed up my top lol. It's funny how excited you get over a poop :rofl: x

Glad you're doing well, Katie!

Mrs.P, good luck in the final stretch!

It's so great to read all about how you're all doing with your LO's. I'm learning a alot!

I found put today that one of my best friends is also pregnant and due just 8 days before me! I am pumped!! She was afraid to tell me because she knows it was taking us a while to concieve. She was so relieved and happy to hear that I am also pregnant.

That is so exciting, sbmack! That's going to be so much fun to be preggo together. And your LOs will be the same age. That's awesome.

Katie - I didn't realize you live so close to me (or at least I assume you do if you were going to deliver in Bethesda). That's funny!

Aw that's lovely sbmack! On the day of my 12 week scan a friend & I went walking our dogs & we were talking kids & I was dying to tell her I was preggo. I had my scan in the afternoon & text her on the evening to tell her & she was like 'no way I'm pregnant too' turned out she's due 16 days after me :) x

So exciting for you all to have preggo buddies. It's the best. One of my friends from high school was pregnant with twins and just gave birth a couple weeks ago. So all our boys can be buddies :)

MrsP - you are getting so close! I did the RRLT and EPO. There's a thread somewhere in the third tri boards that has all the details on it. I didn't think the tea tasted too bad. I also bounced on the ball a lot, but ultimately it was the sweep my OB did that put me into labor. Has your dr talked about doing that yet?

Katie - at least 7-9 is completely normal. We end up around 10-11 feedings a day, but that's because I do some cluster feeds before bed when he's a little fussy. Basically at night if he starts to cry, I offer him food. It's made our evenings a lot quieter and helps get him to sleep longer. Last night he was in bed for good at 10:30, woke at 3:30, woke at 6:30 and up for the day at 9:40. I think all in all DH and I got about ten hours of sleep. It felt amazing!

I'll post a few more pictures to my journal. I have a video in there of his wonderful sleepy noises. I've been taking loads of videos to try to capture all the memories. He's growing up too fast!!

That is so exciting, sbmack! That's going to be so much fun to be preggo together. And your LOs will be the same age. That's awesome.

Katie - I didn't realize you live so close to me (or at least I assume you do if you were going to deliver in Bethesda). That's funny!

That is funny, I just noticed that your location is MD :) Right now we are in VA about 45 mins from DC. The traffic in the area is horrible though, so 45 mins can easily turn into a 3-4 hour drive. Being in labor pains and sitting in traffic didn't sound that great, that's why we decided not to deliver at Walter Reed in Bethesda.

Daydream, I didn't realize you were continuing your blog. I thought you were done posting after the pregnancy was over. I just checked it out, beautiful pictures! :flower: I love it when they make those super serious faces. Sometimes I'll smile and giggle and talk silly and Anne just gives me that stoic look as if she wanted to tell me to knock it off and act like an adult.

Awww daydream he's gorgeous! And yes some of his faces & frowns :cloud9: I think he looks like you! I love his grandad cap :winkwink:

They said they'll do a sweep at 40+3 so a while yet!

x

Katie - I wasn't going to, but changed my mind, haha! I post a ton of pictures of H to facebook, so I may just do a monthly photo dump of the best ones onto the blog. You'll have to post some more of Anne. Gosh I love that name. It's so classic and pretty.

And yes he is the king of serious faces. Thankfully he does smile a lot too, just the serious ones are so much funnier to photograph :)

MrsP - Yes he looks like me, but my husband too. He's a perfect blend, just the dark hair makes people think he looks like me more.

Daydream, the video is just the most precious. He's so cute! I think it's amazing to chronicle his early life and maybe all of it. It is something he will enjoy reading when he's older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->