From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

I think she's in the UK Chloe, but I might be wrong.

Thanks Hun I know so close, every bloody little twinge & I'm thinking is this it?! :rofl:

x

2 days!! (In fact 26hrs as its 10.35pm here now!) :coffee: x

Have u been feeling any contractions, mrsP? Braxton hicks or anything? I was contracting and couldn't even feel it when I was 37 weeks. Only know that cuz I was hooked to a monitor.

Well funny you should ask that as I think I maybe having braxtons tonight, tummy definitely tightening but no pain. Interesting you couldn't feel yours chloe! Got told by a shop assistant today I shouldnt be out by myself!! :haha: x

Chloe I'm uk :). Hubby has told me to get a pump if it helps me to relax and less to think about once baby arrives so just trying to find a good deal now :)

MrsP - I too didn't know I was contracting , had a sweep and mw said of you've just had a contraction did you feel that, I was oblivious, it's only looking back now I realise I must of been contracting all day as felt uncomfortable all day just thought it was general pregnancy aches and pains. Would explain my contractions starting up as soon as my waters went.

Hope it happens for you soon mrsP

Thanks Jellycat! Funny you not feeling the contractions too! :)

I'm sure mothercare had the electric tommy tippee closer to nature pump I've got on special at the min x

How exciting mrsp, is today your due date? Are you starting to feel impatient?

Things here are good. I started filling out my daycare paperwork. I don't go back to work for over a month, but I want to start him going once a week to get used to it. I need to call but think ill do one day next week. We also switched H over to his crib in his nursery and he's been doing great! Up once or twice at night to eat but goes right back to sleep. I'm an over cautious momma probably with the motion monitor and a video monitor but it makes me feel better about having him away from me

Daydream we have a movement & video monitor as well! :thumbup:. I think putting Harrison into nursery a day a week to prepare is a great idea :)

Yep due date today! :happydance: I think I'll be impatient by the weekend but still lots to do in the house so no major hurry til then!

x

MrsP, I haven't been here in a while, but I'm thinking about you every day, saying to myself: MrsP could easily be in labor right now (not that there's anything easy about it). Hope everything goes well, can't wait to hear your birth story and see the pictures!

Chloe, I sometimes feel kind of sad too that I didn't get to experience my labor to the end. I almost feel like I cheated by not going through all the pains of labor... so silly :haha: There's plenty of pain associated with c section, and one side of my incision hasn't been healing very well, so that's a pain too. Your story about a baby passing away made me so sad. I react to such news with much stronger sorrow and sympathy now that I'm a mommy.

Daydream, good luck with teething. Sounds like he's sleeping well though, right? Anne's gassiness has improved and she sleeps better. So far she's managed to stay asleep for 4,5-5 hours between the night feedings, unless there's some major drama, like a poopy diaper or a major spit up. I'm not looking forward to teething.

Sb, hope the bleeding improves and is nothing to worry about. I spotted through 2nd and 3rd trimester and it worried me at first, but everything looked good on us and tests, so I eventually learned to ignore it.

Jellycat, I hope your milk supply is better this time around. I only bought a manual pump, because I wasn't planning on pumping that much and didn't want to spend that much money on an electric one. Lately I've been pumping every day though. In the shower I noticed that one of my breasts was bumpy and realized I'm having plugged ducts. Fortunately hot compresses, massaging and extra feeding and pumping helped. Now I try to pump every day (which is a pain with a manual pump), because it looks like I'm producing more than she's taking in.

All is well here. Anne is 1 month, 1 week and 1 day old today :) Feels like she's been here all my life.

Happy due date, mrsP! when do you get your sweep if you aren't in labor?

Sorry to make you sad, Katie. Its really a reminder to be greatful for what we have, and that no matter what may be going on that is frustrating us all, it could be worse. I look at Gabby a little differently now and am so thankful that she is a happy, healthy baby. I am way more emotional over anything child related now as well.

How is BFing going, Katie? Were you one of the ones who was uncertain if you would continue long term? Still feeling that way? I had to pump before bed for the first 3 months, but lately i have been ok going to bed without pumping. I woke up with the right side of me wet from milk this morning tho. nursing pad had dislodged and i must have leaked :haha: Ah the joys of being a milk machine.

Picked Gabby up from daycare for the first time yesterday (DH usually does this) and she was the only baby there not crying! Such a good little girl, hanging out in her bouncy chair waiting for mommy. Gave me a big smile when i went to say hi to her. Totally melted me.

I use the medela advanced pump and find it to be pretty good.

My baby is 15 weeks old now! And i weighed her at 15.6 lbs last night. I will have to upload a new pic. she has the biggest chubby cheeks ever, love em! Would love to see an updated pic of Anne! Harrison's Feb pictures were super cute. Love the one of him in the little hat. Can't wait to see the ones from March!

Thanks ladies. Katie it's lovely that you think of me. I sometimes talk about my BnB friends to my IRL friends & often wonder if they think I'm mad! But you can still have friendships even if they are virtual! Chloe my sweep will be next tues if no baby by then. The mw said its optional & I'm wondering why you wouldn't want one?! x

Some people don't want ANY intervention. I had a sweep and that's what got things going for me. They say it can also cause premature rupturing of membranes... which I guess you could say happened to me because I needed pitocin to get contractions going, but I wouldn't have changed my birth at all.

Harrison has really found his voice today! I posted a video of him talking away. SO CUTE

Hiiiiiiiiii ladies,
So happy to be on this thread - thanks MrsP, you're a star!!!
Looking forward to reading back over the next few days xx

Welcome expat! My pleasure! I missed all the spotting mummies/mommies & didn't want to put too much pregnancy & baby talk on the other thread as it'd be hard on the other girls, though I still keep check of how they're doing.

Yeah daydream, I don't see much wrong with a sweep, sometimes they don't even work! I want a water birth so don't want an induction so was quite happy to go for a sweep next week! Will have to check out your journal.

x

daydream, Harrison is very cute!

chloe, I wasn't the one who considered short term bf. I think Mrs P said she won't do it for more than 4 months. I don't have a set bf plan, I would like to keep feeding her for at least 6 month, but I'll play it by ear. Bf has been going well. At first I thought she wasn't getting enough from me, but judging by the number of poopy diapers, I think she's getting plenty. I can't believe your bbs leak so much. The only time I'm wet from my milk is when she spits it up (the image would've grossed me out months ago, but my take on things has changed so much after becoming a mother). Looking forward to an updated picture of Gabby. I'll post something too.

expat, you're back! I kept wondering how you were doing. Looking forward to an update from you.

Yep it was me who said I'm not planning on doing bf long, 6 months max to when it starts weaning but I'd be happy with 4 months really. I'm not doing it cos I want to (sorry if that sounds bad) more because I think I should give it a go, but if I enjoy it then bonus! :) x

Hi ladies! Just popping in from the old spotting thread-I hope you are all doing fantastic with your little ones-I know more babies are about to meet the world for some of us still-so excited!!! I did not spot when I finally got my BFP but it was not a natural bfp-I had to have IVF with ICSI so not sure if all the meds prevented my spotting or if it was just because I finally got my BFP!

hiya, almost! how have you been feeling? You're getting close too! I can't wait for all of the spotters to have their babies! It's so amazing and you will never be able to picture your life without your LO!

Here is a semi recent pic of Gabby..her 3 month pic. Shows off her rolls of fat nicely :) I actually think she has gotten less chubby since then, but who knows, it was only a week and a half ago. I have a heck of a time capturing her smiling on camera. she smiles all the time, but as soon as i take that camera out she is like 'nope, not anymore!'

MrsP, its great that you are going to try out BFing for the sake of your LO. I think you will like it. maybe not so much at 1,3,5am in those first few weeks, but overall, its such a great bonding experience. Pumping, on the other hand....

Hi, expattc! nice to see you over here too!

Attachments

• IMG_4450 (534x800).jpg
    IMG_4450 (534x800).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi almost!! You're getting closer now too. How are you feeling? Have you taken any recent bump pics?

Chloe - gabby is just adorable! I find that some days I feel Harrison is so tiny and other days I'm like woah what a chunk!

My two friends IRL just had babies so we're going to visit in a couple weeks, I'm sure after that I'll be reminded of how huge H is comparatively.

Hi almost! :wave: hope everything good with you & LO!

Thanks Chloe. Gabby is adorable! Sooo chubby, I could cuddle her!

So ladies, not sure what's going on with me. It's 5.15 am here, hardly slept, had mild AF cramps & some weird leg pain & been up & down to the loo, went to the loo at 4.30, I wiped then as I stood up there was a trickle, it was thicker than water but thinner than cm/a plug should be (I've googled) I wiped it up & it had a pinkish tinge though ever so slight. I've rang the hospital & am monitoring it with a pad for an hour & calling them back. So watch this space! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->