From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

In something like 1 in 10 pregnancies, the placenta will be too close to the cervix at 20 wks. But it only ends up being an issue by the time the baby is full term in 1 in 100 or 200 pregnancies. So this isn't really something to worry about at all at this stage. The vast majority of the time, it resolves itself.

Good luck with your appointment!

thanks for the suggestions ladies ,

cat - i had no idea of placenta priv?? until u mentioned it..sometimes these docs seem to say anything ( not thinking abt how it wud drive us crazy )..have u decided abt the scan yet ? sure hope it'll resolve, like u said !

chloe- gl with appnmt ! fx !

sb- ur frnd who was let go, did she happen to tell them after she started at the new job ?

Gabbys appointment went well! She has a bent artery that she will grow out of, so no worries! Thanks for your good vibes!

sb- ur frnd who was let go, did she happen to tell them after she started at the new job ?

They fired her the day after she told them she was pregnant. She lawyered up, but the company was based in another state so there was too much red tape.

It sounds like the company you'll be working for is much more understanding and family oriented.

great news chloe!

been super busy with packing moving work and prenatal appts-will be showing more activity on this thread once I move in next weekend! =) Hope all are well!

Brilliant news Chloe! :happydance:

Yum I used maternity bands over my regular bottoms for ages, then got under bump jeans which go too uncomfortable later on so I bought overbump. They would've been massive if I'd bought them earlier. Mostly though I wore leggings. Sorry I have no idea what you should do about the job, well done though! I hope they're understanding, if not you can sue their asses haha!

Cat sorry to hear of the bother you're having with the placenta.

Penny has a cold/blocked nose, think we're in for a hell of a night :(

X

chlo- thats great news ! such a relief !

mrsp- thanks 4r the info ! ohhh,hope little p gets better soon !

sb- thanks !

Mrsp - sorry penny is sick, when H had a cold we steamed up the bathroom and had him in there a few minutes, used saline spray and then sucked his nose with the nosefrida. Good luck tonight!

Hope everyone is well! Still waiting on pics, P!!

Gabby has her Neurologist appt today. I think I am more nervous for this than i was for the Cardiologist.

I had to go to work at 4am today, so DH got to wake up and feed Gabby when she got hungry. She was up for 40 minutes with him starting at 4:30. It is nice having a magic sleep inducing boob for those 4am feedings. Poor DH (although I'm glad he got a taste of what I have to deal with :haha:)

chlo- i hope everything went welll with the appnmt & all is normal with gabby ! fx !
mgic boob, lol ! sorry u had to wake up @ 4..i dunno how u ladies do it :thumbup:

I hope everything goes well with the neurologist, Chloe!

Mrs.P, I hope Penny is feeling better.

Yum, how are you feeling? How far along are you?

sb- i'm gud ! thanks ! hw r u ? i'm 17 weeks ! still waiting for my belly to get obvious !

mrsp- hope little p better by now !

ladies, i've a quest 4r u ? i have a scan tmrw & nurse just called & said its 1hr scan to chek the growth of the baby..i askd her & she said its TVS & i askd her if i can get abdominal as i'm more comfy with that & she put me on hold & said they dont need to measure the length of my cervix so, it'll b abdominal...

i told my dh & he's like "u shud have told them u'll get whatever is best 4r baby" now, i'm confused #-o dont get me wrong,i sure want what's best for the baby but my last tvs was dredful & the thought of it is freezing me up...

what shuld i do ? shud i ask for tvs wen i go tmrw ?

Hi ladies, well I'm back to work and have had quite possibly the worst week possible. My grandma had open heart surgery on Monday (all went well thankfully), H went through a nasty growth spurt/sleep regression and was up every 1-2 hours on Monday night, Tuesday evening my husband gets home from work with a 101 fever and is sick as a dog and can't help with the baby, and yesterday after my first day of work, I get to H's daycare and the lady is so rude complaining that he didn't nap all day, after I already told them he was having sleep issues!

And that morning I had to tell them that we do not want them propping his bottle for feedings, because I happened to see that the last time I dropped him off and about died. That is so dangerous and the baby can choke and die! So they are annoyed that I asked them to hand feed him his bottle. Who knew that was so much to ask? I feel so upset by the whole thing and am scrambling trying to find a new daycare for him because I just don't feel comfortable with this place at all anymore. I wish I did because my friends' babies are there too, but I have to go with my gut feeling.

yum - I did not have any TVS after 10 weeks. I think abdominal should be just fine.

daydream - oh my, looks like u had very stressful week ! hope ur grandma recovers soon ! thats very rude of the daycare center :growlmad:
i think u should find some place else where they'll listen,understand & cater to ur needs !

thanks 4r info !

Wow daydream. Your week sounds like total crap. Next week has got to be better! I'm so sorry your daycare situation isn't going well. I hope you find a place that is more attentive to Harrison. How did your friends feel about the fact that you saw them doing that?

yum - I don't think you need to worry since they said it will be abdominal. However, if they end up saying you need a TV scan (because it did happen to me but for a very specific reason), either tomorrow or in the future, you can discuss your concerns with them before the scan. Ask them why they need to do a TV scan so you can decide how important it is. You can refuse the TV scan if you want to.

cat- thanks ! i dont want to say no to a tvs if i need one..she said something abt me not needeing to measure somethin ( i'm guessing they want to chek placenta position )

i remember u talking about placenta preva( spl ?? ) i just have a vague idea abt this..can they see this in abdominal..i'm just worried that they woudnt do what they need to bcuz i asked for abdominal over tvs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->