From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

8-14 ozs OMFG!! Think that's more than 'usual' though isn't it? No wonder you're donating daydream! :haha: x

I just thought, is that how much milk you had when you started pumping or did it take a while to get to that point!

Ladies do you bath your LO's every day as part of their sleep routine? I'm worried about drying Penny's skin out x

I didn't start regularly pumping until Gabby was 3 months old, so I don't quite remember what I would get from pumping. I think it was pretty much me just pumping one boob in the morning or late at night to relieve pressure, and it was probably about 5 oz. now its more since i do it regularly during the day when she isn't actually drinking directly from me (I get 20 oz per day pumped).

Daydream, how did you locate a donation place? I may start to look into that as well.

P - we are reallly bad at giving gabby a bath. I think we do it ~2 times a week. But really, until they start actually getting dirty/sweaty, i have read there is no need for more than once a week. I was worried about drying her out too, so early on when she would poop all the time, i would just wash her little butt with a cloth and soap, and then put her in the bath with just water. Now that she poops once a week, bath time tends to correspond with that :haha: plus another one later in the week thrown in for good measure. And we use this:https://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Tummy-Baby-Bath/dp/B000ORXGFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368015878&sr=8-1&keywords=tummy+tub which is now a pain as she is too big. I don't know how this thing can be good for up to 35 lbs!! If we had a regular tub to use I think i would enjoy bath time more, but DH was insistant on the Tummy Tub. Just give her nice lotion massages after bath time to help keep her skin from drying out if you want to establish the routine, and only use soap maybe once a week.

Anyone's babies experiencing cradle cap yet? gabby did very mildly early on, but lately it has come back. what a pain!!

oh, and I wanted to share a picture of Gabby's latest favorite activity...toe eating!

Attachments

• IMAG0707.jpg
    IMAG0707.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 10
So cute, Chloe!

That's great your donating some milk, Daydream!

I hope that I can produce extra so if I want to have a couple drinks, I have some in reserve. Sorry if that makes me seem selfish, but it's sort of part of my job :)

MrsP - Yes it has gradually increased, and I think maybe because as H has dropped night feedings, I still pump to empty in the morning, so my body still though there was that demand for milk. For example, H didn't wake up for his 3am feeding, so this morning I pumped 17 ounces. Ouch. haha

Chloe - Gabby is adorable! H hasn't quite gotten there, he does hold his feet during diaper changes though, so nice of him ;) As for finding a donation site, I actually heard about our San Jose milk bank on a podcast, which is right by my work, though I know there are places you can mail in your milk. I am donating on a go forward basis because you cannot take medication when donating, and I can't remember quite when I had colds and took medicine for it. So I'll keep my current freezer stash for H and donating extra milk going forward.

Mrs p I only managed to feed JJ for 3 weeks but the skin in skin then bottle then pump was too much to cope with on my own. I just didn't have the supply to feed him. Also with JJ even now he only has two baths a weeks as his skin dries out and is very sensitive

Daydream that's a fantastic amount

Oh yes the bath discussion, I forgot to respond. Initially I was only bathing H twice a week, as I knew it dried out their skin. But around two months we started a bedtime routine and we do baths as part of it. So we do bathe him everyday, but only every other day do we use soap on his body. Otherwise we only do face and hair. We also started using lotion after the bath as well, mainly because of the yummy smell, which is TOTALLY NOT what I said I would do before. I used to say oh babies don't need lotion until they are one. Bah oh how quickly we start doing things we said we would NEVER do. We also incorporate the baby massage when doing the lotion, so it makes for a great bedtime routine.

For cradle cap, I have noticed a couple scaly parts on H's head so we started using the mustela shampoo and I put coconut oil on his scalp ten minutes before his bath. We just did it two days so far, so I'll let you know how it goes. Thankfully it's not flaking yet, I just don't like seeing the little scales, I'm sure it must itch him!

I only learnt yesterday coconut oil is good for cradle cap JJ had loads of it

Thanks ladies. Omg Chloe that's also a ridiculous amount of milk, I'm so jealous! :haha: I've seen those bath tubs & was shocked at first as they're so unusual, but as long as the babies like them, shame she doesn't fit hers anymore. She looks so cute on that photo :)

Daydream that's what I was wanting to do, bath her every day but only put bubble bath in every other night & was going to put a few drops of olive oil in in between. But DH insists not, I might have a word with the health visitor & if they say its fine I'll try & convince him. He's happy with every other day though.

Jellycat, that's a shame, hope your bf'ing is more successful this time around :thumbup:

Wow penny is 8 weeks today how time flies. I've decided to try her on formula tomorrow night...perhaps one bottle a night so she gets used to it for when she's babysat

X

Thanks ladies. Omg Chloe that's also a ridiculous amount of milk, I'm so jealous! :haha: I've seen those bath tubs & was shocked at first as they're so unusual, but as long as the babies like them, shame gabby doesn't fit hers anymore. She looks so cute on that photo :)

Daydream that's what I was wanting to do, bath her every day but only put bubble bath in every other night & was going to put a few drops of olive oil in in between. But DH insists not, I might have a word with the health visitor & if they say its fine I'll try & convince him. He's happy with every other day though.

Jellycat, that's a shame, hope your bf'ing is more successful this time around :thumbup:

Wow penny is 8 weeks today how time flies. I've decided to try her on formula tomorrow night...perhaps one bottle a night so she gets used to it for when she's babysat. I'm also hoping it might make her sleep a little longer :winkwink:

X

Happy mother's day, dear mothers and mothers-to-be! I'm so happy we can celebrate it now. A hard path to motherhood makes it even more special :flower:

So true Katie. Happy Mother's Day to you ladies!!

Sorry to butt in here but I have some questions that's driving me crazy. :(

Is it true that if you don't have any preg symptoms that you have a higher chance of m/c?? And have any of you ladies spotted since getting your BFPs?

I'm still spotting since 9dpo (now at 43dpo ~6 weeks preg according to FF) and sometimes it turns rather heavy with dark brown debris or rusty colored watery CM. It's freaking me out! I went for a scan last week at 5 weeks and they saw an empty sac that puts me at 4 weeks. They won't do another scan until 6th of June. I've been stressed to the max for the past 1 week wondering if my baby is actually developing since I don't have any symptoms aside from a little sore bbs and occasional fatigue. Sometimes I'm energetic all day but sometimes (like today) I feel really tired all morning and afternoon. How am I going to get through another 3 weeks?? :(

I really wish they wouldn't make you wait for so long for another scan!

I had zero symptoms other than sore bb's and fatigue the whole first trimester. It worried me too...I kind of wanted to be nauseous. There are lots of women that don't get many symptoms. I was happy to see many threads in the first trimester section here started by women with similar concern. I can't believe your dr. told you that lack of symptoms means increase risk of MC. Not cool.

green, some people are lucky and don't have symptoms. Definietly never heard that lack of symptoms puts you at a greater risk for MC. I started feeling symptoms around 5.5-6 weeks. I had some light brownish spotting throughout my first tri, here and there. If it wasn't red, and didn't have cramping, I didn't worry (well, I did, but i was told to not worry :) ) If you have sore bbs, then that is a symptom. I had days where I felt completely fine and i freaked out thinking something must be wrong, and of course, nothing was. Its natural to worry. I hope you can get through the next 3 weeks without driving yourself completely insane :hugs: Is there any way you can call to get a scan earlier? Tell them you are going on vacation that week and would like to move it up or something :)

Greenleaf, I had zero symptoms except for sore boobs, spotted throughout pregnancy and have a healthy baby girl. Don't freak out!

I had no symptoms til about 8 weeks (I think) & even then they weren't much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->