From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Love your training strategy, Nell :thumbup: I think I would do the same.

Lol, Nell, not a bad training method at all! I'm starting to think of ways to train Gabby to fall asleep without needing a boob. And to also train her to nap for more than 45 minutes in her crib. Had her sleeping on me for 3 hours in the moby wrap today. If only there was better head/neck support in that thing, i could do more while wearing her.

MrsP and Katie, love the bump pics! And the photo bombing by the dog :) My cats like to show up in all of my pictures too, its funny :)

Katie, I hope all of that movement means baby has turned! everyone told me i would know if baby turned because it would be fairly painful and different from the normal movements.

What breed of dogs you got daydream? I've bought a Sophie la giraffe too, it's so cute!

Ha ha Chloe my cats are the same, we've got 2 cats & a dog :thumbup: How are your cats with Gabby?

I saw the mw today, good & bad news, my urethra pain & swollen ankles/thread veins are nothing to worry about, blood pressure fine (not sure how after a very stressful weekend) & still head down. BUT baby has only grown 1cm in 3 weeks! It was a different mw & she admitted thy could all measure it differently but she needs to act on what she's seen today so I'm booked in for a growth scan tomorrow. I've measured behind all the way along but now 3/4cm behind. Did anyone else have this problem? x

x

We have a Scottie and a westie. They are the best, they made a few appearances in my bump pics.

I hope your growth scan goes well, fundal height is not too accurate. My friend had a similar thing happen and the scan showed all was well.

Ah how cute! :)

Yeah I think it's quite common, so not too worried, just hope we don't see something we shouldn't & manage to stay team yellow! Had a dream last night during the scan they kept calling it 'he' :dohh: x

Oh yes! Hope they don't spoil anything for you!

Katie - you're a watermelon now! It's so close!

Mrs pttc - i measured 5cm behind and had no bump growth from 34 weeks. My scans showed baby to be 95th percentile though and a whopper. The Dr started talking about induction as soon as i hit my due date (but i was early so it didn't happen)
At 36 weeks the scan showed baby to be 6lb 10oz (so approx 9b at term as they say half a pound a week), she was born 2 weeks and 2 days later at 6lb 9oz. she's 25th percentile not 95th!

Enjoy the scan and the chance to see bubs but take it's measurements with a pinch of salt still. The lady in the maternity ward opposite me chose a c section based on scan showing big baby.....ended up being 7lb, poor woman :(

Good luck, MrsP! Hope the scan goes well. I doubt you will be able to determine gender without someone pointing it out. I often had to be told which end was baby's head! Those ultrasounds are tricky sometimes.

Measurements are also all over the place. Some women just have small babies. My ultrasound the day before Gabby's birthday put baby at 7 lbs, and she was born 6 lbs 13 oz, so it was pretty close, but then you have other people who are told they are having giants and the baby is born small So its all over the place, really.

Gabby has not been napping well yesterday or today, so I'm one exhausted mommy! Overtired babies are no fun at all!

Thanks ladies all is well, weighing estimated 5lb9 at the minute & expected to be around 7 or 8lb mark at birth. Hope its no bigger ha ha! Not sure if she dropped a clanger, she mentioned 'she' but this was before she'd gone down that end, & when she did go down she said we could look as we couldn't see anything anyway, so maybe it was a slip of the tongue, most people call it he or she rather than it, maybe she just thought its face looked like an she ha ha. It was frowning lol. Scary from your story Nell how wrong they can be! Anyway do they not normally say the bigger the baby the easier the birth (unless a whopper of course?!) x

Soooo... During my app on Friday at perinatalogist they drew my blood to check my liver enzymes and platelet values, because previous blood work showed some abnormalities. The numbers weren't that great, so I got it drawn again on Monday. On Tuesday I got a call telling me to come to Labor and Delivery at our hospital to get it checked again, because they've gotten worse. In total denial I just grabbed my purse and had my husband who had a day off drive me there just to get my blood drawn again. 6 hours later I was on the operating table. Our beautiful little Anne was born 6 pounds 10 ounces, 22 inches, on Feb 5, at 36 weeks and 6 days via C section. We should be back home from the hospital tomorrow.

Oh Katie congratulations! Get rest and hope your recovery is quick.

ooh you went from a watermelon to baby real fast! ;)

Congratulations Katie, I had a little chuckle at you 'just nipping out with your purse'! What a wonderful thing to pop out for :)
I hope you recover well and are home with baby Anne soon.

Daydream - did you have an EMCS too? I thought you did and if so, well that's all 4 of us spotters so far with EMCS!

Congratulations, Katie!!! Hoping for a quick recovery for you. Wonderful news :)

Nope, vaginal delivery for me. My birth story is in my journal if you want to read.

Katie, congrats!! Guess that made the decision about whether or not to have a version easy ;). Did they say what position baby was in when she was delivered? Did you get an epidural or did they have to do general? Can't wait to see a pic! Enjoy your baby girl and get sleep whenever u can!

Omg wow Katie can't believe that! Congrats Hun! I'm also laughing at you grabbing your purse & not your hospital bag! :haha: Can't wait to see pics, hope you heal & feel better quickly x

Just reporting that our Anne is doing well, eating and pooping like a champ. So far mommy's best friends are Lansinoh Lanolin nipple cream, SwaddleMe blankets and the bassinet part of Pack 'N Play, she sleeps in it much better than her crib. My mother in law who is a NICU nurse is here and she is helping tremendously. How is everybody else doing?

Great to hear Katie! Is the bf'ing going ok? Bet you're both on :cloud9:

I'm getting VERY uncomfortable now, I'm waddling! Quack quack lol! :haha: 2 weeks on Friday til I finish work though, woop!

Mummies/mommies, was motherhood as great a shock to the system as what people say it is?!

x

Oh yes, MrsP, I remember walking like a duck too. The happiness is overflowing here, I never knew what tears of joy really meant untill this baby. I had tears in my eyes the first time I saw her, I had tears in my eyes the first time I fed her, I cried the first time I sang her a lullaby. Must be hormones ;)
Bfing is going well so far, she started eating as soon as she was pulled out. Even though I read all I could about bf, proper latching etc, it still took some practice and my areolas were quite bruised at first. Having sore, dry and cracked nipples was the worst part and feeding would hurt like hell, but after I started applying lanolin after each feeding the problem disappeared.
The main shock to my system has been the C section, it's still hard to get out of bed, get off the chair or walk straight, but I noticed that the more I move the better it gets and I only took pain killers while in the hospital, it doesn't hurt as much anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->