From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Aww bless you Katie :flower: did dh cry? Great tip with the lanolin, I've got nipple cream somewhere in the nursery, don't think it's lanolin but I'm sure it'll do, if not can buy some. Gosh my nursery is a tip! Drawers & wardrobe needs sorting out big style, but with the kitchen extension it's not top of the list. Hopefully I'll sort it on my maternity before EDD. Hope things get easier with the section wound Hun, am I right you can't drive for 6 weeks?I'm sure in the uk our insurance is void until 6 weeks x

MrsP - It was kind of a shock, and I was even very ready! It's just such a HUGE change that happens in such a short period of time. Oh maternity leave while pregnant, you can relax, enjoy time to yourself. and then BAM! your life 24/7 is taking care of this baby that you've never known before now.. but that you love so very very much. I have been trying to steal as many minutes alone with DH because it's also a big change to your relationship.

Katie - So glad all is going well! We also lived by the sleepsack swaddles. Our LO is pretty strong and started breaking out of them, so now we adore the Miracle blanket. It has flaps that secures his arms to his sides and he sleeps much more soundly in that. I'm so glad breastfeeding is going well for you!

We took our first trip with Harrison this weekend to our hometown to meet the extended family. It was a four hour drive, and he did great! Slept most of the way and just had to stop once to feed him. We got to take our Four generations pictures with my mom and grandma and DH's dad and grandpa. So precious!

Aw that photo sounds lovely daydream! Glad Harrison was good :)

Ha it's as I've heard, life never the same again! :haha: I don't know why I'm laughing?! :dohh:

x

Glad u r off painkillers and bfing is going well! Lanolin and gel nipple shields were such a help in the beginning. I haven't used nipple cream in over a month now. I think I was done with the hard core pain killers after a week, and off of ibuprofen after 2 weeks. I think the driving restriction was only 2 weeks - until no more narcotics and when u could make sudden movements without pain.

Motherhood is quite a shock and hormones were surging! I cried off and on for 3ish weeks. It is overwhelming changing your life so much and looking at this tiny human that grew inside of u! Some days I still can't believe I am a mom and my life will never be the same again. But I love it! It is hard to save up enough energy to dtd with dh, however. That part of our lives has definitely suffered!

Daydream, glad your trip went well!

We start daycare in 2 weeks. I cried after dropping off her registration. I'm so scared that they will just leave her crying in the crib while tending to other babies. Gabby is such great happy baby, bit is a bit needy in that she is quiet and content when being held, bit doesn't like to be put down for long, and she naps beautifully while I am wearing her, but only for about 40 min if she is in the crib. So jealous of the UK ladies and your maternity leave! I am looking forward to going back to work but really wish it was part time.

Yeah I think the last time I used nipple cream was around the 3 week growth spurt. Now it's totally natural.

At least you guys are DTD! We've attempted once but I was still a little tender at my tear site. Then now that I've felt better, I've been exhausted at bedtime and then we were out of town staying at my parents. My poor DH is very ready, hopefully tonight will work out for us! Haha

Sorry you are feeling sad about daycare, I'm sure when my time comes ill feel the same. I'm sure Gabby will adapt quickly, and it may end up making your life at home easier! It will be so great having her around kids her age to entertain her

Aww Chloe :hugs: are you having to go back full time? I used to be a nursery nurse & I'm sure they won't let her cry! It was a long time ago but that definitely wasn't how we did it over here. I'm sure she'll be fine & it'll be good for her :thumbup: As for :sex: what is that ha?! We've never DTD properly since I ovulated!! :blush: We never did have a good sex life but pregnancy has pretty much killed it! :haha:

x

Katie - glad you and Anne are doing well and BFing is going smoothly. I will definitely have to get that nipple cream you all are talking about.

daydream - That's amazing that Harrison was so good on a car trip! I hope he stays that way forever :)

I had my second midwife appointment today. She said I'm measuring right on target and we heard the heartbeat again. Everything is going very well :) Next appointment is the anatomy scan on March 19.

Glad everything went well cat! It's really special hearing the HB for the first time :) Eek I might have my baby by the time you have your next scan :shock: x

Hi ladies! I hope it's ok to join this thread. I'm only 5 weeks, but I've been stalking this thread. So much useful information. This is my first so I'm learning a I go. It's great to read all of your stories.

Did any of you spot in the beggining of your pregnancy? Cat, I know you did. How long did it last? I started to a little today.

Katie, congratulations!! So glad you an Anne are doing well!

Daydream, how wonderful to be able to have so many generations in one picture. I still have three surviving grandparents. One is pretty sick. I hope she makes it to meet the LO. I want to tell them because I know they will be so so happy, but it would devastate them if anything happened.

Cat, glad your pregnancy is going smoothly! How wonderful to hear the heartbeat!

Mrs.P, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that you aren't too uncomfortable.

Chloe, it must be so hard putting Gabby into daycare. I will most likely do the same. I do think it makes for smart babies though.

Welcome to the baby talk, SB! I didn't spot once i got my BFP right away, but I had days of spotting off and on throughout the pregnancy. It was typically light and brownish. Never red blood, although I believe others spotted red (maybe katie?)

I definitely want Gabby in daycare because i want her to get interaction with other kids, but still so sad to picture her there crying, being neglected. She is getting better at sitting on her own tho, so maybe by the time daycare starts, it will be ok. She has become a champion sleeper, going down around 930 and waking around 6 to eat. I only hope that lasts! I hear babies eventually start going to bed at 7 which seems very inconvenient, so i'm hoping to keep gabby as an 8 or 9 girl, but i'll let her decide if she wants to crash earlier, I suppose!

Welcome over to the success thread SBmack, sorry to hear you're spotting :hugs: I know a few successes still spotted, I didn't though. Yes Chloe I'm sure Katie passed big red clots! Have you spoken to your dr SB? No cramping or anything?

Chloe she's a great sleeper so far! I agree it'd be better for her to stay awake later, more time for dh to spend with her after he finishes work :thumbup: My friends LO can't stay awake passed 6.30pm then is awake at 4/5am, not good! :nope: Keeping her awake does no good either, she still wakes at the same time!

My LO woke me with its kicks for the first time last night, I'm a light sleeper but it seemed to sleep when I slept until last night...hope it's not a sign of things to come lol! It's got the hiccups right now, it's a good sign of health the mw said but gosh it's annoying :haha:

x

Katie - congratulations on the early arrival , sounds like you've settled into motherhood quickly

Mrspttc - I remember clearly how hard the end was not being able to get dressed or empty the dishwasher etc then the shower day after JJ was born was amazing couldn't believe how easily I could move around again :). I found it quite a shock last time and my hormones were quite crazy but I had issues with milk supply and think I put too much pressure in myself with that rather than enjoy my time with JJ oh and far too many visitors at the beginning

Sbhmack - congrats on your BFP, the cycle I conceived I had no spotting but mine had stopped two cycles before my BFP anyways

Thanks for the welcome! I had no spotting when I got my BFP. That was the first time in a year not spotting. I only started to spot a little yesterday. Going to call the dr. Today.

Chloe, that's great Gabby is sleeping so well!!

Yay, sbmack! I was wondering when you might join us in here. My spotting started as usual before my BFP and continued off and on until I was about 8-9 weeks. I also had some cramping, but not severe.

When are you seeing your doctor? Try not to worry too much until you're able to see him/her. The majority of the time spotting doesn't lead to problems, even with women who aren't normally spotters like we are.

Thanks for your input jellycat, I hope you don't have the same problems this time around! The too many visitors thing bothers me, MIL only lives 2 mies away when my mum lives 18 miles away & I have a feeling she'll be around A LOT! :wacko:

SB keep us posted :hugs: It's positive that Cat was spotting & everything's turned out fine :)

x

Thanks ladies. I'm trying not to worry about the spotting. It's a little brighter today which worries me a bit. I'm not cramping bad and there's no clots. That's what the dr. said to watch out for so hopefully I'm good.

Hi girls! Not made it to this thread yet - there's sooooo much to take in when you get pregnant I'm finding it hard to keep up with regular threads/forums/facebook/friends etc! So sorry if I'm not a regular, but wanted to say that I'm still lurking a little and love that you're all doing so well :)

Sbmack, I had spotting at 5 weeks and all was okay! I had my regular spotting which then stopped, got a BFP, and then it started again. Was a couple of days of brown (old blood), 3 days spotting red, and then a week of brown again. I then had a further few days of it at 8 weeks.
I got checked over and they tested HCG and did an internal exam which showed my cervix was closed (although didn't find a cause). I also had scans at 5 and 7 weeks. I'm not sure if any of that is an option for you but it was very reassuring? I was told that any bleeding in pregnancy isn't normal, even if it's not uncommon so if you can get checked, I would do.
Hope that helps xx

Hi Yoms! How far along are you now?

Happy Valentines to all!

Attachments

• IMG_4435 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_4435 (800x533).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4441 (800x533) (2).jpg
    IMG_4441 (800x533) (2).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
When I called my midwife about it, they didn't want me to come in to get it checked out. I think if you say it's RED, they are more concerned, but mine was usually pink or brown. I did have red once (and was convinced I was miscarrying), but I was on vacation at the time and had an appointment as soon as I got back (where I heard the heartbeat). That may have been the last time I spotted, and all has been progressing well since then, so I pretty much forgot about it and never mentioned it to my midwife :shrug: I did have to wait about a week and a half between the red spotting and the appointment, which was very difficult.

It very much depends on what you say. If you say things like "spotting", "pink", and "brown", they are likely not going to be concerned. I don't think they understand how hard it is to wait for weeks to find out if that spotting really was harmless. If you say "red" or "bleeding", they might think you are miscarrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->