From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Sorry to hear Gabby isn't feeling well! When H's fever was that high, we had to get ibuprofen because it was the only thing that would help him feel better. Hope it gets better soon! I hope she cuts the tooth quickly and relatively painfree. We were pretty lucky, H's teeth didn't both him too badly.

AF wasn't too bad actually, no cramping. According to DH thought I was pretty bitchy.. Lots of bleeding the first two days and then medium the third and all done yesterday. Not as bad as I expected! And thankfully I was home when it started so I was able to avoid any embarrassment or mess.

I do want a second, we will NTNP when H turns 1.5, actively TTC when he turns 2 and then call up our RE when he turns 2.5 if we haven't conceived by then. I want at least three, plus I soooo loved being pregnant so I'm ready for that again.

Hello

Hope all you lovely ladies are well!

Just off the phone to a journalist who wants to run our story for infertility awareness week!! So glad to be able to talk out and help others who might be scared to ask for help! Always said I wanted to give something back to help people so hope this does!!

30+4 today and only 28 working days to go at work now! Can't wait!

Hope you're all well!!

X

Aw SB your birth story is fab & what a lovely name! Your water birth is just what I wanted but didn't get! Hope you're enjoying the first days/weeks of motherhood.

Sorry to hear gabby not been well Chloe hope she's better now.

Daydream I'm same as you loved being pregnant so much I'd love to do it a all over again! We'll defo have 2, maybe 3 if I can persuade DH! I thought I was preggo this month as had whopping 16-18 day LP. I'm pleased I'm not but perhaps a little bit disappointed ha ha. I think some anti inflammatories I've been taking for my back has mucked my cycles up as my last cycle was super short & tiny LP.

Jods that's great a journalist wants to speak to you! :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is well. I've just become an auntie & penny a big cousin for the first time :happydance: Uts a girl, 8lb 8, ouch! No name yet...

x

Daydream, can't believe H is 10 months already!! Glad AF wasn't too bad.

I hope Gabby is feeling better, I hope the teething is going well!

Jods, how cool that a journalist wants to write about your experience for a story. That's great!

Congrats on your niece, Mrs. P!

Things are going well with Stella. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby. Well, I guess she could sleep for longer stretches through the night... :) She had a clogged tear duct, but we put warm compresses on it and massaged it regularly and it seems to have corrected itself.

Anyone have any advice about reflux and gas? I'm not really sure what's wrong, but after most feelings S gets upset and arches her back, makes garling noises and just seems fussy. We've tried burping her for longer, but she doesnt usually burp. Maybe I'm not patting her hard enough. She also gets the hiccups after most feedings. I'm pretty sure she's eating way too fast and gulping air. I'm worried she has GERD... My DH has been making fun of me because usually I'm super laid back and I don't really worry abiut much, but now with her I've become a baby hypochondriac.

Yum, how's everything going with your LO?

Oh and as for another...we definitely want one more. DH is already pushing for two. Haha. I didn't mind being pregnant as I had a fairly easy pregnancy, but I didn't love it. Mostly because I couldn't drink. I know that sounds awful, but being in the wine business was a little tough while preggers.

I'm not sure when we'll start trying again. I used to say we would NTNP after only 6 months because it took a while to concieve. I have a feeling I may have an easier time with the second though so we will probably wait until Stella is a year old.

MrsP congrats in being an auntie! I became one in May, it's really wonderful, plus great to have cousins close in age

Sb - is Stella around 2-3 weeks? That's a rough fussy time in general. If you're concerned, ask the dr, but H was very fussy around that time, I thought we had all kinds of illnesses but nope, just regular baby stuff and he was better in a week or so.

We had some really rough nights of sleep last week, so I downloaded the audiobook for Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby and quickly realized we were keeping H up too late at night. I really liked the book, informed me, and made me feel empowered. Two nights ago H slept from 7:30 to 7am, amazing compared with the previous 12a, and 3-4am wake ups. Last night he did 8am to 5am, I think he early wake up was because I was out and DH put him down a little too late. I think were on the road to some better nights.

daydream, what time were you putting H to bed before? Gabby has been protesting her 8pm bedtime and now goes to bed closer to 845. I am not a fan.

Mrs P, congrats on being an auntie! I don't have much hope of becoming an auntie any time soon. Mine and DH's siblings are much younger and all are not in a place to have children yet, sadly, so Gabby wont have any cousins close in age.

SB, if you are worried about reflux, try keeping S upright or 20 min after feeding. I went through some periods of major gas, scary spitups, and I think it was pretty much just normal baby development. Their digestive system is still figuring itself out, but if she screams in pain after eating, or when spitting up, you may want to call your dr. One thing they told me for reflux was to put a towel or book under the mattress to help elevate the head. and they also told me to keep her upright for 20 minutes after each feeding. I did all this, and I don't even think gabby really had reflux. It was more my paranoia after some scary spitup incidents.

Jods, that's great news about being asked to share your story! When will it happen?

Gabby has 2 teeth coming through now! both bottom teeth. She is also getting bolder with her walking, as she will let go of the furniture and try to lunge to other pieces of furniture. She has been sleeping better lately, so hopefully it was just her illness that was keeping her up. She is a little crankier than normal probably from the teething, but nothing too bad.

https://www.sundaypost.com/news-views/scotland/new-baby-joy-for-heartbreak-couple-1.146061

They didn't take the slant we thought they would! Expected more about the charity and our story to be a side story just to encourage people to find out more during infertility awareness week!!

What a great article, jods! You guys are too cute!

Daydream I hope you're right and Stella is just fussy!

Chloe, I've been holding her up for 20 mins after feedings and it has helped. It's so hard at night though. We will try the mattress under the bassinet too.

Chloe - he had been going to bed between 8:15-9pm because I get home from work kind of later. But now I'll just make sure to leave at 5 so I can get home to do bedtime and then work after he's in bed.

When did you all start bedtime routines? We haven't been on a regular schedule yet...we are going to bed too late. She's still sleeping most of the day though so I'm not sure when a routine starts to make a difference.

I started around 2.5-3 months I think. Up until I don't think babies are expected to consolidate their sleep cycles. It's crazy but it seems so long ago I hardly remember when H was that little! I would highly suggest getting the audiobook for Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It was very informative and he has a chapter on 0-4 months to help you know what exactly you can do to help your baby at that time, knowing their age and development by that time.

My baby is 11 months today! Can't believe she will be a year in only a month's time. Gosh how time flies!

Jods, great article! I never knew the backstory about your loss. That is terrible that the very thing that was supposed to help you explain some infertility caused a miscarriage! :hugs:

daydream, that is earlier than I was expecting, although I guess if H had been waking up in the middle of the night, something wasn't quite right. I have that book, but haven't really had the need to read it since 95% of the time gabby sleeps great. I wish she went to bed at 8 still, but her later bedtime doesn't seem to be affecting her nights any. I see tooth # 2 peeking through right next to her bottom tooth that has broken the surface. She never did get any other symptoms other than the fever. I wonder if a 103 fever really could be caused by teething?

SB, we still don't truely have a bedtime routine. I only bathe gabby 2-3 times a week still. Our 'routine' if you can call it that, started pretty much right away, with me putting her in her pjs, swaddle, and then feeding her until she fell asleep. Now its more PJs, play on the floor for a bit with the lights dimmed, put her in her sleep sack, say good night to daddy, then go upstairs for nursing and then i put her in her crib. sometimes we read books before bed, sometimes we take a bath and then put on the PJs. It all depends on what else is going on. Sometimes she eats dinner at 6, other times not until 730. We are really bad with routine, and luckily it hasn't negatively affected gabby. One thing i did was let her choose her bedtime. I would watch for sleepy queues, and would start my routine when i saw those things..yawning, eye rubbing, etc so i could learn when she wanted to go to sleep rather than me having to force her to go to bed based on my schedule.

Thanks, ladies! I will get that book. I didn't think there was a need for a routine yet, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Stella has been really fussy today and crying a lot. This is the most I've heard out of her...granted she's only been around for two weeks :) she's easy to calm and doesn't cry for too long, but she just seems to start for no reason. I'm glad we have our two week check up tomorrow as I've got lots of questions for the doctor.

Time does fly! Can't believe Gabby is almost a year.

I want to see more pictures!!

James and Stella!

James is my good friend's little boy that was born two days after Stella.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
Aww Sbmack adorable!!! I'm sure that photo will go down well when they're older!!

Aww that photo is so sweet!

Chloe - I'm glad Gabby seems to be very adaptable for sleep. H is definitely high maintenance for sleep and has never been one to just fall asleep whenever/wherever. At least we've found what works. Last night he did 7:30 to 7 again. I'm so glad we've resolved the issues. And yay for teeth! I didn't think teething could cause that high of a fever, maybe it was just coincidence? Is she all better now? And 11 months?! Woo!! Are you ready for her birthday? I've started getting some birthday party supplies and it's making me very excited.

Here are some recent photos:
531845_10100213142378071_368881955_n.jpg

1383585_10100208194169321_227136190_n.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7350/10484136615_ce43153137_o.jpg
(trying on his birthday hat and showing off his other new trick he learned this past week... picking his nose)

So cute, Daydream! I love the outfits. The birthday hat is great too!

Hello

Hope all you lovely ladies are well!

Just off the phone to a journalist who wants to run our story for infertility awareness week!! So glad to be able to talk out and help others who might be scared to ask for help! Always said I wanted to give something back to help people so hope this does!!

30+4 today and only 28 working days to go at work now! Can't wait!

Hope you're all well!!

X

Good for you Jods!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back