From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

How exciting you got a mama!! I've been trying to get Harrison to say that for the longest time, but he just says gagagaga.

Too bad the water was so cold! We do indoor lessons for that reason. I took H swimming in my mom's pool this summer when she hadn't heated it and he was MAD. Screamed so loud I felt awful, and this is california! It wasn't even very cold!

DH said she called out for mama again in the car this morning while she was happy...melts my heart!

My feet didn't grow any shoe sizes. My whole body got a little swollen and I had to stop wearing my wedding rings, but everything went back to normal after the first month or two. I took my work badge picture while 8 months pregnant and now i look at that and think my face looked so fat! I didn't even notice it as it was happening, however.

Gob, I would recommend the belly band, or just using a rubber band on your regular jeans. I used a rubber band or a hair band, and just wore long shirts to cover over the waist.

Hello ladies,
Hi everyone,
Poppin in real quick to let u all know that I have a baby girl weighing 5.10 on mon.. V both r doin good.. I still have long recovery but not bad at all.. We were discharged fri..
I'm already struggling with low milk supply:cry:

Hello ladies,
Hi everyone,
Poppin in real quick to let u all know that I have a baby girl weighing 5.10 on mon.. V both r doin good.. I still have long recovery but not bad at all.. We were discharged fri..
I'm already struggling with low milk supply:cry:

Congratulations Yum! Glad to hear you're both well! Hope your milk supply will improve (maybe the other mummies have some tips)! Look after yourself x

Congrats on your little girl, Yum! what is her name? I think sometimes it can take a week or so for the milk to really come in. Did you talk to any lactation consultants? each hospital should have several available to contact even when you aren't in the hospital. Make sure you are drinking tons of water and not skipping meals. You need extra calories and hydration to make milk. I hope it improves for you!

I echo what Chloe said. Find a good lactation consultant and call her often with any questions, they will have solutions.

Congrats Yum! We would love to see a picture of our little princess when you get a chance. I hope you get some help with your milk supply!

I hope you feel better soon, Gobs!! Have you looked into getting a belly band? Its an elastic band that you can out around your regular pants while leaving them unbuttoned. I wore one for a while. It was good for the stage where our noticeably bigger, but don't really need maternity pants yet. I'm at the stage where even my maternity pants aren't fitting anymore. Yikes! Everyone tells me I'm all belly, but I think they are just being nice. I could barely zip up a pair of boots yesterday!

For the moms out there...did your feet grow? If so, did they satay that way or go back after? Forgive me if I've already asked this. Feeling pretty forgetful lately!

Chloe, I can't believe Gabby will be one in a couple months!!! I hope she's enjoying swim lessons even though it's chilly. Yay for her calling to you!!

Thanks, feeling 80% good whilst I take my nausea pills, so ok! Will have a look at a belly band. Though some jeans won't rise past my thighs HORROR!
I have put on 4 kg in 3 months....way too much since internet says 1 to 1 and half in the first trimester. I'm not indulging...it must be the excess of carbs while I had the bad nausea! :nope:
I went shopping yesterday, it's a bit daunting, as I've no idea how big I will get! :shrug:

Don't worry, Gob, those maternity pants can expand and contract to fit a huge range of sizes. if you are concerned, get lots of stretchy yoga type pants. I got several of the under belly pants and hated them. It will all depend on how you carry your LO. And bloating made me huge before I even gained any weight. You are not alone in feeling overwhelmed by all of the unknown!

Oh Gobolino try not to worry about your weight. I've not weighed myself since about 15 weeks and at that stage I'd put on just under 20 lbs or so! I don't even want to know what I weigh now! It's all the carbs for me too but I'm just embracing it although had a wobbly a fe weeks ago when i couldn't find anything "dressy" for a party I was going to and now I live in flats when I always wore heels! It's all gonna be worth it though! :)

Hi ladies,
Hope all r doin gud..sorry haven't gone thru all posts..

Thank u 4r all ur support in everything..
V named her roshni ( brightness )..I added a pic..i'll remove the pic after a while..me&dh decided not to post any pics on websites( sorry abt that )..
I did meet with LC @ hospital & was very helpful but I'm still struggling with low milk..can pump only 2oz wen lo hasn't ate any :(
Trying not to stress but its getting hard..

More later.

She's beautiful, Yum!! You are too (I'm assuming that's you in the background). From what I've read about breastfeeding the first couple weeks are the hardest so hang in there!

Gobs, it's so hard not to stress about weight but do try not to. I can't fit into some if the maternity clothes I bought in the beggining!! I was told to just buy my regular size, but I've definitely gone up one.

yum, she's beautiful!! I love her name. Keep up with pumping and just be consistent. Don't be hard on yourself either. Just think lots of positive thoughts. She's happy to get as much as you can provide. Early motherhood is hard enough, you are doing so great!

She is gorgeous, yum! I like that her name means brightness. What is the origin? Am I remembering correctly that you are from India? Hope your milk supply improves. Sometimes it is the pump. I've also read that listening to relaxing music and looking at pics of your LO has shown to improve pumping output (so no stressful situations). Hope you are getting some sleep!

Congrats Yum! She is beautiful! Good luck with bfing :)

We had our final scan at the weekend! Baby measuring on dates but didn't wanna pose for pics! Here's a couple....one with ankles crossed at right side and knees to the left, any idea of gender?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
A little yawn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
Yum she's gorgeous!!!! Well done!
I've heard bfeeding is hard...but don't give up! I've read that sometimes it takes ages!
Thanks Sbmack. I've bought some clothes at H&M and Primark...but guessing they won't last till the end! I'll try not to stress ;-)

Great pics Jods!! No idea of gender yet?? Opps, looked again at pic...yes, I think I get the idea haha

After our scan DH said he thought he saw boy bits but who knows! My midwife friend guesses boy but on here I've only had guesses of girl! Either way, they looked very like their daddy!

wow, Jods, great scan! I can see both potential for boy and girl parts, so i dont know! I see what looks like a nub for a boy, but maybe that is just some sort of weird shado? I see 3 lines that is supposed to mean girl too (I saw them on Gabby's scan). I'm going to go with girl and say the nub is actually a weird shadow. can't wait to find out!

And here is a video of G walking in her walker. She mastered walker walking and crawling in the same weekend! Love this little girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJSy5o5qWig

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->