From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Daydream, love the pics! Its so fun to look at their evolution :) Funny that our AF's started right around the same time. Glad you are happy it is back, and hope your spotting is cured! Sorry you guys got sick on your trip. That is great that H is a happy flyer! And don't worry about the walking..it will come in due time. He is clearly happy just being a cruiser :)

Nell, wow, so many teeth and so much hair! She is a doll!! THanks for sharing the pics :)

Katie, sorry your spotting is back to the way it was before Anne.

Mrs P, sounds like you've got some wacky cycles going on now too. Are you TTC now?

Well, my trip away from Gabby was good, and the spotting stopped just in time! I read somewhere that ibuprofin is sometimes used for 'dysfunctional uterine bleeding' which i thought maybe i had since it wasnt spotting after O, and that seems to have done the trick. spotting was gone about 2 days after i started taking it. Now i have the stomach flu...norovirus perhaps? Whatever it is, it has given me quite a fever and has kept me on the toilet for much longer than i ever care to be. thankfully DH has been great and has let me wallow in my misery.

Chloe - So sorry to hear you are sick! That is the worst. I'm glad the ibuprofen seems to have done the trick for you. I have been using Naproxen Sodium during my flow because it's supposed to work in similar ways and help slow heavy flow. It is much better than it was last month, though still pretty heavy. I woke up in the middle of the night in pain last night and had to empty my diva cup, but felt very very light headed. I looked in the mirror and my face was stark white. Very scary. Today is better though.

Uuhhh daydream....hope you're allright!!!! Is that normal do you know??? Sounds scary.

Chloe....sorry to hear...must be hard being ill and being a Mum. I keep on wondering about that! Glad that DH is so supportive, it helps so much.
Nell! She is lovely! Hope you're doing well.

Gob - I don't think it's normal, but thankfully hasn't happened again and I'm doing better. I'm also taking iron since I'm sure that's probably pretty low while I'm in my heavy flow. My annual appt is in May I think, I'm going to see if I can hold out to go to the dr until then because I really don't want to go on hormonal bc and I'm not sure there's anything else they can do for heavy flow.

Gob - I don't think it's normal, but thankfully hasn't happened again and I'm doing better. I'm also taking iron since I'm sure that's probably pretty low while I'm in my heavy flow. My annual appt is in May I think, I'm going to see if I can hold out to go to the dr until then because I really don't want to go on hormonal bc and I'm not sure there's anything else they can do for heavy flow.

Sorry to hear. Hope it doesn't repeat and you get back to a normal flow.:hugs:

Gob - Your ticker says baby is as big as a durian fruit, they must have changed that from when I was pregnant, I never saw that one before!

Gob - Your ticker says baby is as big as a durian fruit, they must have changed that from when I was pregnant, I never saw that one before!

Haha, yes...strange stinky fruit! DH's in Vietnam at the moment...where there's plenty...so he's busy comparing size, hehe!
PANIC! Only 47 days to go....OMG

yikes, daydream, that is scary! Glad it was a one-off! I hope that you can stay off of hormonal bcp! The mini pill doesn't seem too bad, as they are progestin only, so they dont necessarily prevent ovulation. Its an option if you can't get anything else to work. I"m really hoping its easier to come off of once we start TTC.

Gob, wow, 33 weeks and a durian fruit already!?! That is one stinky asian fruit, lol. My ticker never said that either. The science of baby size vs fruit must be evolving ;) Do you have your nursery all set up yet? By 33 weeks i was still so lost and had nothing prepared. I can't remember, did you find out the gender or no? I'm thinking boy, but I'm not sure.

We officially have a walker now! I just posted it to my journal. So proud of my little guy!

yikes, daydream, that is scary! Glad it was a one-off! I hope that you can stay off of hormonal bcp! The mini pill doesn't seem too bad, as they are progestin only, so they dont necessarily prevent ovulation. Its an option if you can't get anything else to work. I"m really hoping its easier to come off of once we start TTC.

Gob, wow, 33 weeks and a durian fruit already!?! That is one stinky asian fruit, lol. My ticker never said that either. The science of baby size vs fruit must be evolving ;) Do you have your nursery all set up yet? By 33 weeks i was still so lost and had nothing prepared. I can't remember, did you find out the gender or no? I'm thinking boy, but I'm not sure.

Haha yes I have a stinky fruit/boy:haha:
I have NOTHING prepared....and just starting to freak out a bit, lol. Next week I guess it will happen. The thing is...I'm in Spain (hometown), will give birth here, and then back to Hong Kong after. So not really preparing nursery here. A friend is going to lend me nearly everything (!!!) which is great, as when I get to Hong Kong, we will have to buy everything (no point in buying double!!). Here I just need bits and bobs. My friend will come by next week and set me up :flower: It's finally starting to feel real, and I'm starting to panic! Haha

Nell, how exciting to be near the end! We didn't have our nursery ready until she was a month old. Haha. She's still sleeping in our room so there wasn't a huge rush.

Sorry to hear about all the spotting!!

Daydream that collage is awesome! H has the best expressions. That's great he's walking. Watch out now :) when did he roll over?

Nell, Leila is super cute!

How has being back to work going, Mrs.P? Last week was tough for me as I had back to back events and got home at 10:00 one night and 12:00 the next!

Nothing new to report here. Stella still hasn't rolled over. We are doing diaper free time, but she also likes to pee in the open.

Here's a picture from a walk a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 7
Daydream, congrats! get ready to chase him even more now :) Did he go straight from furniture cruising to taking so many steps on his own, or did he take 1-2 steps on his own and then fall for a while? I think gabby spent a good 2 weeks (at least) taking 1-5 steps on her own and then falling before she took as many steps as H did in that video! Such a proud parenting moment!

Gob - thats great that you can borrow stuff for the time you are in Spain! and pretty low stress too. You can figure out what you like and dont like, so you dont over buy. Are you returning to your same home in hong kong after your extended stay in spain?

Sb, cute pic! Is that a moby? I borrowed one from a friend when G was about 2.5 months and i wondered how i had existed without it! It was so comfortable, she fit in it so well, she slept in it, and i was able to get stuff done with her in it. I previously tried a bjorn which hurt my back after 30 min of wear, and i always felt like G was not comfortable in it. every time i used to put her in that she would spit up, so it was clearly compressing her tummy. Later i started to use an Ergo and loved that too. now we dont use anything, although I'm thinking of trying out the ergo in back mode. how anyone puts a baby on their back without dropping it, I have no idea!

SB - H rolled over early, like less than a month old. But here he is walking "late" (not really late, but later than a lot of the other babies born in Dec). I wouldn't worry too much about it though, H is cloth diapered and it didn't impede him in those areas. Babies just have their own timing for things.

I love that picture! She looks so cozy and secure in that wrap! I was never that good at the wrap, we used (and still use) our ergo. Chloe - I haven't used it on my back yet just because it seems so hard to get on myself. I would need DH to help.

Chloe - He has taking a couple steps between myself and the table, etc. And I had been working to set him down standing so that he would try to take steps and go down himself to crawling. This is definitely the first time he has taken the initiative to walk away from the table out into the great unknown ;) Funny that I think he was just being cautious and now that he knows it's not scary there's no stopping him!

Thanks, ladies. The wrap is a woven wrap by a brand called Pavo. I'm learning back carries with it too! I have a few different wovens. This is my favorite because it has just the right amount of stretch and is very sturdy. People use them with 25lb toddlers! I also have a boba, but I haven't used it yet because I love the wraps. I've become a little obsessed. Haha

Loving the pics!!!! I've been lent a wrap.....but my friend will have to teach me to use it! I'm also looking to buy a Manduca (I don't know if they exist outside of Spain) baby carrier Ergo type. Much easier for walking arround crazy Hong Kong I'm sure!!!

Chloe, yes, we will be returning to the same home. We have re-rented it out to a friend (half price), so we could keep it on. We had no idea that I'd be here for so long!!...(DH's coming and going from Vietnam at the mo...). But quite happy to be surrounded by family and friends!

Your experience gives me hope. In the meantime,perhaps you can hear my story and offer me some feedback that helped you.

I've always spotted before my period. Years ago, I actually had two uterine fibroid/polyps removed. I've been off the pill for three or four months now, and I continue to spot about 5-7 days before my period. I'm fairly new to ttc, but I've done enough homework to know that my spotting can be normal or it can point to a luetal cycle defect or more. I just ordered fertilitea to balance it out and I'm due to see my ob/gyn in a couple of weeks. I'm going for my annual, but I plan on talking to her about my concerns. I just hope she doesnt suggest be to wait it out a few more months bc I've only been ttc for a few months. I'd like to think that she'll take into consideration my age (33) and my history with spotting and fibroids/polyps.

Here's my last month just so you get an idea of what's going on:
January 12-starting spotting
January 17-spotting got heavy enough to call it my period for a few days
January 27-according to OPK, I was low fertility. We tried anyway.
January 28-according to OPK, I was at my peak. What happened to the inbetween stage?! Anyway, we tried again
January 29-tried again
February 5-started spotting
Today (February 8)-still spotting..got heavier and I expect my period in a couple of days.

Can anyone help?!

Hi AMV, Sorry for your spotting, we all know how frustrating that can be.
There are hundreds of pages in our TTC spotting thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...g-week-before-af-every-month-anyone-else.html

There are several ladies still trying there, so would be great company (it was for us).

What worked for me was gonal f, IUI, and progesterone suppositories. Something we've all discovered is that it seems to be caused by different things and different plans work for each of us, most still don't know the true cause of the spotting.

Just wanted to share that Gabby has 4 molars coming in! All at once, all just poking through. I was so shocked looking at her the other day, thinking i maybe saw a hint of white in the back of her mouth, i put my fingers in and felt sharpness in each quadrant of her mouth! yet she still doesn't have her top front right tooth! The order of these teeth coming in is so baffling.

Cute story: She got into my purse the other day, pulled out my chapstick and put it right up to her lips and started moving it back and forth, like she was putting it on. I'm secretly waiting for the day she gets into my makeup and applies it. it was too cute!

How is everyone doing? How are your LOs? Gob, so close now!

Chloe - all four! Wow! I run my fingers through H's mouth every once and a while because he really doesn't react much when he has teeth coming in, I feel like every time one pops out I just happen to find it by surprise. No molars over here yet (that I know of, I haven't checked in a week or so).

The chapstick story is so darling! H loves watching me put on makeup, so I'll hand him a powder brush every once and a while and he'll pat it on his face. So cute. He also loves to brush his hair. He is so impatient while I brush it, ready to be able to get the brush and do it himself.

He has taken off with his walking, he walks all over the house now. He's also added a few words "Harrison" (which kind of sounds like he's saying asshole, I'll post the video on my journal, it's pretty funny), "crackers" "banana" "thank you" "please" It seems like every day he's learning something new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->