From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Regarding milk/breakfast, I still bf in the morning, but even after that he's pretty ready for breakfast within 30 mins of waking up. So we usually give a banana before taking him to daycare.

Harrison is such a cutie and his new haircut looks fab. He looks a little worried on the first one, bless him x
Ms wasn't too bad today, by the afternoon it had gone. I think cold things trigger it so I've had an icelolly and ice cream today (I work at an ice cream factory) but it still didn't work lol x
Tuesday is the day of the scan, I'm both nervous and excited. I hope everything is progressing how it should and in the correct place xxx

Happyshopper, don't worry about lack of symptoms. If I didn't take a test, I wouldn't have known I was pregnant until I started showing. Besides being a bit more tired and sore bb's, I had zero symptoms.

How did the scan go?? Also, working with ice cream...that's a dream for most pregnant ladies!

Daydream, H looks great!!

I also use my phone to write down questions as they pop up or I would forget everything.

I think Stella is teething. it looks like there's a couple of slits on her lower gums. She's also super drooly, more fussy and chews everything in sight. Is there an average time it takes for a tooth to pop up?

Thanks, I feel much more relaxed now probably because i'm so shattered all the time, nauseous on-and-off and I feel like I've done 1000 sit ups. The scan is this Tuesday so not long to go now xxx

With H's teething, it seemed like the first ones were right there for the longest time, but then once it broke through, it was quick. I hope the teething goes well for Stella. H is pretty easygoing when he's having teeth come in. We've got 1 molar in and 3 more on the way. Not too bad other than a bit of drooling and rash on his chin from the wetness.

Hi everyone,
The scan went really well this morning. The little bean took some finding, but it was in the right place and I could even see its little heartbeat. It was so exciting! Roll on the next 5 weeks so I can see it again. I have posted the picture in my signature but it doesn't look like anything yet xxx

Happyshopper - Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. What a relief, right?! The picture isn't showing up for me though, but I'm sure your little bean is just adorable. :)

Congrats Happy!!! What a relief!!!! Now take it easy and look after that little bean!!!!

I can't get it to work right now but will post as soon as I can. Thanks Daydream, I feel so much better for seeing the little bean xxx

Congrats, Happy! So happy everything is where it should be and that you saw the HB :)

Gob, how are you feeling? baby dropped yet?

SB, when G got her first teeth, i saw them under the skin for maybe a 1-2 weeks before they popped through. once they broke through, they came in pretty fast. She already has 2 molars fully in, and the third is well on its way. the fourth is stil hiding, but she has been chewing on her hands a lot, so i imagine more teeth are lurking.

Our morning routine has gone to hell since i stopped BF in the morning. I wake her up to get her ready for daycare, and i have to distract her for a bit because she cries if i put her right on the changing table. she isn't digging at my shirt to try to get to boobs tho, so i guess that is a plus. she has no interest in a sippy of milk either. i just have to spend time distracting her with cats and other things before convincing her that changing her clothes isn't going to be the worst thing ever. and it took a few days to get adjusted to daylight savings. but bedtime was back to 8:00 yesterday.

Hope everyone is well!

Chloe - I'm sorry mornings aren't going as well. I'm wondering when H will ever be ready to drop the morning feed. He wants it as soon as he's awake.. so that will be interesting in our house when the time comes, but I'm fine keeping it for as long as he wants it.

Congrats, Happy! So happy everything is where it should be and that you saw the HB :)

Gob, how are you feeling? baby dropped yet?

SB, when G got her first teeth, i saw them under the skin for maybe a 1-2 weeks before they popped through. once they broke through, they came in pretty fast. She already has 2 molars fully in, and the third is well on its way. the fourth is stil hiding, but she has been chewing on her hands a lot, so i imagine more teeth are lurking.

Our morning routine has gone to hell since i stopped BF in the morning. I wake her up to get her ready for daycare, and i have to distract her for a bit because she cries if i put her right on the changing table. she isn't digging at my shirt to try to get to boobs tho, so i guess that is a plus. she has no interest in a sippy of milk either. i just have to spend time distracting her with cats and other things before convincing her that changing her clothes isn't going to be the worst thing ever. and it took a few days to get adjusted to daylight savings. but bedtime was back to 8:00 yesterday.

Hope everyone is well!

Nope...still squishing my lungs :haha:
Feeling good...but getting heavier and slower each day...
Hope you get back into your morning routine soon!!! Patience! Lucky you have cats!

So glad the scan went well, Happy. Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is amazing. I'm pretty sure I cried. :)

Thanks, for the teething info. I'm not so sure that's even what's going on now. Her gums aren't red and where I thought I saw slits aren't where most babies get their first teeth.

I'm having supply issues and am so upset about it. I've had to give her a bottle of pumped milk the last two nights before bed because I didn't have enough. I usually pump every three hours while at work, but I'm not on a schedule. I wake up when Stella does and feed her when she's ready. I will try and feed her when she wakes up, but often she won't eat first thing. Over the weekend she was real fussy and wouldn't eat much during the day. I wonder if that affected my supply. I should've been pumping more. Since going back to work my supply has seemed to decrease so I've been trying to work on keeping it up. I made lactation cookies, started taking fenugreek and have been drinking mothers milk tea. I've only been doing this for a weeks so I'm hoping I'll see some results soon.

Yikes, Gob! Only five days from your due date!!!

And no sign of wanting to come out...[-X
Yesterday was the first day I felt that I can't take it anymore! I can't sit, lie down, walk....sleep.....He's so high up he squishes me. I need him out now!!!! Poor thing, he must have no room...as he's always pushing hard against my belly.

oof, Gob, I hope he comes out ASAP! I remember being uncomfortable but i never got past 37.5 weeks, so I can only imagine what an extra 2+ weeks would do! are you trying to do anything to bring on labor? Jogging, bouncing on a ball, nipple stimulation, etc? No idea if any of that works, but I know some people swear by it!

SB, sorry you are having supply issues. I started to have issues around the 9 month mark i think it was and I had to add an extra pumping session in at work in order to have enough milk for daycare. I tried oatmeal and an herbal supplement called more milk plus. also drank more water. it seemed to help a little but my supply never realy recovered. I actually resorted to watering my milk down (by 0.5-1.0 oz each) so she would still have 4.5 oz in each bottle. Maybe AF is going to show up soon? I have heard that will affect supply temporarily. or perhaps her needs are just changing. how do you know she doesnt have enough at night? just keep up the pumping, and maybe try pumping after you BF her to help your body know it needs to make more. Sometimes this isn't always practical tho. I never did that but heard from others that it worked. Good luck!

I hope he comes soon, Gob. The last week was the worst for me. I went walking around a bunch of yard sales a few days before my due date in hopes of moving things along. My water broke that night.

Thanks, Chloe. I know she didn't get enough because my bb's feel completely empty and she just cries when she tries to eat and there's nothing left. I did try pumping after to make sure that was really the case and I literally just got a couple drops from each breast. It's so disheartening. I have heard that there are supply issues when AF returns. As much as I want the witch to stay away, I'm hoping that's what's going on. Hadn't thought of that. I'm going to call the lactation consultant at my Peds office today. She's always very reassuring and helpful. I've heard that some babies will bulk up at night and eat less during the day. She's been eating two or three times at night and it seems like a lot per sitting. More than I can pump or more than she eats during a day feed.

Gob - Good luck!! I hope baby comes soon.

SB - I'm sorry about the supply issues, I know that can be stressful. I agree it might be AF gearing up. If she's eating a lot at night, maybe she's not eating enough during the day. Also I just saw this link this morning, not sure if it's helpful to you at all but thought it was interesting regarding nighttime bfing https://breastfeedchicago.wordpress...-ever-told-you-about-nighttime-breastfeeding/

Thanks ladies. I'm spotting again which is slightly worrying but no pain. I think I might book a private scan at 9 weeks just to put my mind at rest xxx
I hope your baby comes soon Gobolino xxx
Sb, I don't know much about breastfeeding but I just wanted to send :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"