From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

Happyshopper, I spotted twice in the first trimester. I think it was around 5 weeks and 7.5. I had an ultrasound both times and they found a subchorionic hematoma during the second one, which can be pretty common. It's just a little sac of blood attached to the placenta I think.

Thanks for the article Daydream! She has been feeding more at night and I'm totally I'm with that because I figured its good for my supply. I talked to the lactation consultant at her Peds office today and we're going in to have her weighed tomorrow. I also took Thursday off and plan on doing lots of skin to skin. It's probably a bit overboard but it will make me feel better.

sb - I don't think that sounds overboard at all! Sometimes us moms need some special baby time, and I think the skin to skin sounds like exactly what you (and baby) need right now. I'm glad you're able to take the time off!

Thanks ladies. I'm spotting again which is slightly worrying but no pain. I think I might book a private scan at 9 weeks just to put my mind at rest xxx
I hope your baby comes soon Gobolino xxx
Sb, I don't know much about breastfeeding but I just wanted to send :hugs: xxx

Happy....sorry about the spotting. I think I would book a private also! Just for peace of mind....:hugs:

hs - sorry I didn't see your post regarding the spotting. A private scan should definitely ease your mind. Would your dr see you at all for the spotting? I did have some spotting with DS around 9 weeks after DTD. My dr had me in the next day to have a quick scan to make sure all was okay (it was) just irritation from my cervix. We did pelvic rest and didn't DTD for a few weeks. Didn't have any problems after that.

Happy, i'm sure its nothing. spotting is pretty common at this point. I think the important thing is that its not bright red blood, and even then that doesn't always mean anything bad. But i know how reassuring scans are, so I would call your Dr just to be safe.

SB, sounds like a great plan! skin to skin is so wonderful. G has been sleeping in my bed the past few nights because she has been sick, although this morning she was in her crib until 5am. but when i brought her into my bed, she put her head down over my heart (and a little on my collar bone..ouch!) and fell fast asleep so quickly. Cherish those moments of baby sleeping on you! They get much more fleeting as they grow.

How are people getting on with WTT, those who are? I was pretty frustrated with my last cycle, fairly certain I didn't ovulate. While we're not ttc, I didn't like knowing that my cycle wasn't working properly.. so crazy as I am, I started taking Vitex. This cycle I'm fairly certain I ovulated yesterday. Tons of CM, and ovulation pains. My temp went up slightly today, hoping tomorrow is a good rise.

I feel so crazy getting this into my cycle when not ttc, but I just want to know things are working right. We still won't NTNP until June, and actually I'm starting to think I'd rather have a three year gap, but I feel like with how long it took to conceive with H, I have to start earlier. We're really trying to save up for a house, so throwing another kid (and another daycare bill) into the mix isn't ideal right now.

Am I the only one thinking about this so much??! I feel nuts! :dohh::haha:

oh and we had an oops on st patricks day, but that was four days before ovulation, so maybe it's all out of my control anyway! Wouldn't that be funny, take 16 cycles to make baby 1, and 1 festive holiday to make baby 2. I told DH we should have to name the baby Patrick if we did haha!

lol, daydream! Patrick would be appropriate! Or Patricia :) I don't know where I stand on baby #2. I change my mind CONSTANTLY. And either DH or I have been sick since January. Its really not making us want another little germ ball getting us all sick for months on end. Not to mention the added cost of daycare for #2. and the fact that I would probably reduce my hours at work, so there's another financial blow. I am on the mini pill, which is progestin only, and it prevents ovulation in 50% of people. I got my period on it once, back in early january, and that is the only time i have seen my period since before i was pregnant. I have no idea what my cycles are doing. I know my face is breaking out like i'm a teenager again, which is great.... So in short, I am very confused about everything regarding a second baby!

Gob, any baby yet?

Nell, when are you due? I can't recall...Hope you are well!

Hope everyone else is well!

that's nice that the mini pill can stop your AF. I had a period of breaking out a ton as well! That was not fun at all. It was all over my chest, which is worse because you don't put makeup there! I opted not to do anything hormonal postpartum, so I just have a diaphragm that I use when we feel like it. At least this cycle it's pretty clear I already ovulated, so we can do a little natural family planning and go without and feel pretty confident we won't get pregnant.

I wasn't on for a while and missed a major event! Congratulations happyshopper!!!! Very happy for you, wishing you happy and healthy 9 months! I understand your concerns about spotting, but wanted you to know that I spotted a lot during the first semester and it was nothing.

Thinking of you Gob!

Thanks Katie, its still hard to believe but all those years waiting seem like nothing now. I hope you are well and your little family xxx
Thanks everyone for your advice about the spotting, its seems very common among us spotters which I suppose shouldn't be a surprise.
Had my first midwife appointment today and a date for the 12 week scan; the 23rd April which is my OH's mums 70th birthday and St Georges Day which I'm hoping is a good omen xxx
Hope everything is ok Gobolino xxx

I’m back ladies sorry!

First of all…. Congrats again Happyshopper!!! :happydance: Chuffed to bits for you! So pleased your scan went well. The 9/10 week scan is so cute, Penny looked like a little tadpole on hers, which was way better than the little line at 7 weeks! The jump from 9 weeks to 12/14 is just amazing, can’t believe by 12 weeks she was a properly formed baby! (I know foetus technically) I had no symptoms either! No MS, just tiny bit of nausea from time to time in the 1st tri but never sick.

Gob awesome bump pic! You look fab! And great name, I agree with Happyshopper very grand! Any news??

Daydream that chair H is getting his haircut in is just brilliant! Bless him! Ooh an oopsie! When would you test or your AF be due?? It is weird WTT, seems like such a waste of EWCM! (& :spermy: lol)

Chloe, Penny has her milk when she first gets up, I then leave her about 15 mins whilst I take the dog out for a pee in the garden and feed the cats. Then she gets breakfast straight away. It takes so long that if I left her longer the morning would be over, plus she’d get sick of sitting in her high chair…

SB, I think teeth are generally 6months to a year. Penny was 8 months when she got hers, she’s now getting her 6th tooth in at 1.

Chloe our clocks go forward here on Sunday :wacko:

Nell how many weeks are you now? Still cant believe you’re cooking a baby #2 after all you went through for Layla!

Penny is 1 now! Had a fab birthday weekend and she started walking properly a week or 2 before it. Grandma came with us and bought her first pair of shoes last week, they’re super cute! I don’t know where this past year gone?! :wacko: We’re TTC next cycle…. Sounds like a few will be TTC#2 soon, how exciting! I am soooo taking the relaxed approach this time, no temping OPK’s, timing BD etc.. we do it when we want to do it, or at least that is the plan for at least the first 4 months or so. I’m sure that’s why it took so long to get Penny, too much stress! My spotting is virtually non existent now, at least before AF. I had a bit last cycle mid way, when I was fertile but it lasted a few days so I know it wasn’t ovulation spotting. It was just pink CM really, very odd as I never had that last time… I think it may have been an anovulatory cycle as it was long and not much EWCM. I’m hopeful it won’t take as long this time, though preparing ourselves for the worst, hence why we’re TTC so soon again.

xx

mrsP - How exciting to be TTC again! I think it's great you are going the relaxed approach. I wish I could... and I really plan on it when we do.. but for some reason my last cycle being anovulatory with lots of spotting really worried me, so here I am temping again. And the comfort of temping actually has made me feel much better. I think for me the known is better than the unknown.

Good luck to you!! I hope TTC#2 goes quicker than before!

Lovely to hear from you again, MrsP. We miss you! Post pics of penny with her birthday cake! Happy birthday to her :) And good luck with TTC! I hope the relaxed approach is what does the trick for you!

Daydream, i am like you in that i feel less stress knowing rather than not knowing. Although no way will we be trying until we have a good couple months of being healthy and forgetting how awful it is to be sick all the time!

Daydream, does H call you or DH out by name yet? i figure he can say mama and dada but does he direct it at you when he wants your attention? I am probably being paranoid but it worries me that gabby has no problem saying these words, and knows that its us, but doesnt ever call me for me or DH by name.

Chloe - He does call out for me with mama. But for DH, he knows he is dada if we say Where is dada? But he doesn't call him dada. Sometimes he will call him Mama actually. But we've really been saying Dada a lot to try to counteract that, so he will only do that now if he is "teasing"

We did have our 15 month checkup this morning though and the dr said he is super advanced with language. Right now it's totally normal to only have 3-6 words, he says about 20-30. So don't fret about it, probably in a month she'll start to pick it up. They all have different things they are better with. H was "slow"ish to start walking (almost 14 months).

Hi everyone,
Thanks Mrs P, it's so lovely to hear from you again. Happy 1st Birthday to Penny, I bet she got loads of lovely presents xxxx
for the past couple of weeks now, I have had MS and tiredness which reassures me a bit now even if I do feel yucky all the time. My doctor phoned me today and said that my urine test showed that I had a uti and I need a dose of antibiotics. Hopefully, it clears up quickly without causing too many issues. The doctors are really on the ball when it comes to pregnant ladies xxx
I hope your cycle starts to settle down soon Daydream. I couldn't take to taking my temperature, I felt more stressed making sure I took it at the same time everyday. I wish there was an easier way to confirm ovulation xxx

HS - Sorry about the UTI :( Those are the worst! I'm glad you got medicine and hope to be all better soon

Oh and I didn't see this bc it was the bottom of the previous page, but hello Katie! I hope all is well!

Ladies!!!!!!! So sorry as to no news.....but I haven't opened my computer in the past week!!!! I am now the happy mum of Juan, totally in love :baby::cloud9:
Born last Sunday morning (23rd). All went well, will let you know more soon.
:hi: to all!!!!!

Wahoo, Gobs!! Welcome to the world Juan! Can't wait to see pictures.

Hi Katie!! How exciting that you're ttc again. Good luck! I'm sure being relaxed will help. That's great that Penny is on the move. We'd love to see some birthday pictures!

Sorry you're getting ms Happy. I hope the antibiotics do the trick right quick.

Chloe, is that a new profile pic? Gabby seems so tall :)

Daydream, I hope your periods straighten out for you. I'm glad temping helps you. I am too forgetful.

So Stella was cutting teeth. She got two in one day last week. I went to work and when I came home she had two bottom teeth! My supply has slowly been increasing, but it's not where I'd like it to be. I haven't had to supplement with bottles of pumped milk in a while though so that's good. Stella's sitting up for a bit on her own now so I think we're ready to start introducing some foods. I want to do BLW, but my husband isn't 100% on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->