From Spotters TTC thread to BFP! Success at last!

We have second set of immunisations today so tonight could be interesting!! Grace slept better last night but evening before she screamed for 4 hours! Didn't want to feed, and even when I held her she sobbed! Ended up with a few really green poos yesterday so that confirmed that I knew she wasn't feeding properly! Hoping these imms don't set her back! We got a few nights of 9-3 sleep which were great so hoping she's back doing that soon!

aww jods, i hope she feels better! Those vaccines can be so hit or miss with making the poor babys feel bad. Sometimes gabby was unaffected, other times she got a fever and wasn't well at all.

MrsP - i think that is a great idea! Gabby was born 11-28-12

G is on her second round of meds for an ear infection now. standard amoxacillin didn't get rid of it, so she is on something else now that makes her poop more and is giving her horrible diaper rash. I thought it might have been a lanolin allergy from her new diaper cream but she didn't use that yesterday and still came home with a super red butt. Poor thing! I am still only using vaseline for her butt, and i have now given some to daycare, so i hope that can control it.

Here is G at the playground yesterday. It was FINALLY nice outside!

Attachments

• 10153002_10152131440122762_1194786883_n.jpg
    10153002_10152131440122762_1194786883_n.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5
jods - I hope she starts feeling better soon! H has been the same as Gabby, in that most immunizations don't faze him, but we've had a couple where he doesn't feel well. He had the chicken pox and MMR last week and has been a little rashy since. But acting fine. Sometimes you never know.

Chloe - I hope the new meds work quick so that G can be back to normal! Those diaper rashes are so sad, I hate when H gets them. He has such sensitive skin it's hard to stay on top of it sometimes. Right now he has a patch of eczema on his face I've been battling.

That would be great to update with babies names!

Mrs. P, that's great that Penny has STTN for so long. Stella was doing good (5-7) hours for the first stretch, but she hasn't been for the last month. She's up every 2.5/3 hours.

I thought my supply was getting a little better, but sadly it's not most nights I have to give her a 3 oz bottle of pumped milk. Also, when I pump at work I'll only get 1/1.5 oz out of each the second time. I wonder if my daytime supply is down because she's feeding a little more at night. My freezer stash is dwindling :(

SB, that is frustrating, isn't it? The pump just isn't the same (way less efficient!) as having a baby on you. Have you tried watching videos of stella while pumping? I have heard that this alone can stimulate more milk production. I always did that when i was pumping. I have also heard that you can rent pumps from the hospital that will do a better job than the at home pumps. It is a frustrating experience when you look at ounces and watch them go down, and then the stress of worrying about that probably negatively affects supply too. I wish i had some magic advice for you! Just know that you aren't alone in your struggle to keep up with baby's demand, and if you have to supplement a feed or two with formula, it doesn't make you a bad mom! :hugs:

Chloe, I somehow missed your post with the picture of Gabby. She's getting so big. Super cute! I hope the rash goes away soon.

Jods, I hope Grace is feeling better. Do you ever call her Gracie? Stella's middle name is Grace and sometimes we call her Gracie Bell.

Thanks for the video tip. I will try that the next time I pump. I've been looking at pictures, but a video will be better! I've decided to not stress about it. I just got some new supplements and I'm going to acupuncture on Tuesday. I got pregnant after I started Acu last time so I'm hoping it will help with supply. Even if it's only a placebo effect. Haha.

Daydream, I hope the eczema goes away soon. My friends ped told her her son had it, but it went away when she switched laundry detergent.

Stella is sitting on her own now. :)

Chloe, I somehow missed your post with the picture of Gabby. She's getting so big. Super cute! I hope the rash goes away soon.

Jods, I hope Grace is feeling better. Do you ever call her Gracie? Stella's middle name is Grace and sometimes we call her Gracie Bell.

Thanks for the video tip. I will try that the next time I pump. I've been looking at pictures, but a video will be better! I've decided to not stress about it. I just got some new supplements and I'm going to acupuncture on Tuesday. I got pregnant after I started Acu last time so I'm hoping it will help with supply. Even if it's only a placebo effect. Haha.

Daydream, I hope the eczema goes away soon. My friends ped told her her son had it, but it went away when she switched laundry detergent.

Stella is sitting on her own now. :)

We do!!! Our cats are Daisy and Niall and we started calling Niall Nially so Grace has become Gracie!

I don't know if anyone knows the Ben Folds song Grace but my DH got lyrics from that tattooed just after Grace was born "you will always have a part of me, nobody else is ever gonna see, Gracie girl"!

We seem to be feeding more efficiently all of a sudden and going a lot longer between feeds! Now to work on sleep!!

Easter baby sensory yesterday was great here's a wee pic!

Well done Stella sitting on her own!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
Yay Stella! Its fun when they start sitting up :) So many milestones in that first year. I hope the acupuncture helps! and there is much to be said about the placebo effect! If you feel it will/should help, it often does. Nothing wrong with that!

Jods, that outfit...too cute!! And that is so sweet about the tattoo. I wanted to get something for gabby, but I couldn't figure anything out, so i gave up on that idea. Maybe something will come to me in the future.

Daydream, hope H's eczema is healed! Poor baby. G's diaper rash looks much better, and today is our last day of meds. I think daycare just stinks at applying cream correctly. They probably don't dry her butt like they are supposed to. very frustrating.

We have had a HORRIBLE week of sleeping. Gabby used to go to bed at 8, but for all of last week, she would cry and cry after i put her in her crib, which is so unlike her. it would take me or DH going in there for a good 30 min to soothe/rock her before she would fall back asleep, which happened around 930. Last night we made some progress and she cried for 10 min and then put herself to sleep. Hopefully we are back on the path to self soothing. Nap times were equally painful over the weekend too...

SB - I hope the acupuncture works! Let us know how it goes!

Jods - That outfit is SO CUTE! I'm so glad the feeding has gotten better for you guys.

Chloe - Oh no I'm so sorry about the sleeping. Isn't it funny how things come and go in waves. We've had that happen every once and a while, and it just takes a few days to get back in the normal routine. Hopefully it gets better for you guys soon!

The eczema is MUCH better. I've been very good at getting the hydro-cortisone on a regular basis. Should be completely gone in a few more.

Stella is 6 months today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
Such a sweet darling! Look how big she's gotten compared to that bunny! Happy six months Stella!

SB, love her smile! She is so much bigger than the bunny now! And the month sticker, lol. It filled out her entire front in that early picture!

OMG How do you ladies ever find the time to write/read!!!!! Juan lets me have no time at all!!!! I can't leave him for a minute...unless he is really really fast asleep. He's always got one eye open just in case I get up and leave him haha.
I'm on my own these weeks...it's been hard. But getting into the rythm now. DH's back on Sat yey!!!!!! Thank goodness for all those frozen meals I prepared, and my dear friends who bring round cooked meals too!!!!
Promise to give you more news soon....sorry haven't been able to read your news!!!

hi Gob! Glad you are doing well. Yes, it is quite time consuming, especially in the beginning when you are getting into the flow. After Gabby was about a month old, I got a Moby wrap and was able to wear her and had my hands free to do stuff while she napped on me. It was a life saver! even if it just meant i played around on my computer or phone, i still was able to have my hands free. So i would highly recommend baby wearing if you aren't already! enjoy the freezer meals and those from your friends. I didn't realize how much of a help they were until i actually had a baby of my own.

Hope those who celebrated had a good easter! Gabby did 2 egg hunts and had a blast both times! It was so fun!

Attachments

• IMAG0437.jpg
    IMAG0437.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Glad things are going well, Gobs!!! How long has your DH been gone. That must be so difficult. I was so so happy to have all the frozen meals I made before I had Stella. I went to a baby shower last weekend and brought a frozen dish along with my present.

So I got my period back yesterday. At first I was bummed about it, but now that I think about it I'm kind of happy. We want to start trying again in September so it will be good to have a few cycles pass already. I'm not sure if it has affected my supply. I think it's been getting a little better...not sure if it's the acupuncture, Chinese herbs or all the darn supplements I've been taking. I'm wondering if the acupuncture jump started my period though.

Hope everyone had a good Easter!

Chloe, What a cute picture of Gabby! I can't wait until Stella can participate in egg hunts.

Gob - Things will get easier, just relax and be easy on yourself. Those early days are rough! We'll be here when you come out of the newborn fog :)

Chloe - We celebrated and H really had fun hunting eggs. I was working a ton the week before and got a horrible cold, so I was just hanging on. I did get some cute pictures at least.

SB - So glad your supply is better! I felt the same whenever my cycle returned. It's sad, but then again it's nice to see your cycles normalize.

Here's some pictures from our easter:
10157229_10100319654886151_3470853552981716117_n.jpg

1510419_10100319654921081_7887881507875984759_n.jpg

10155767_10100319655065791_8277331252406905968_n.jpg

H is so stinking cute!

Here's Stella in her Easter dress :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
Daydream, such cute pictures! I love his smile in the second one.

SB, stella is such a tiny cutie! She looks like she probably had a lot of fun playing with her dress :)

Gabby is sick...again. Fever, super runny/boogery nose, cough. i'm so ready for this to end! This probably also means its only a matter of time before me and/or DH get this. I never know how often i should be taking her to the dr to check for an ear infection. every time except this last time she has had perfectly clear ears. then she got a stubborn ear infection that wouldn't go away with amoxacillin.

Hope everyone is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->