• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frothy Milk (Formula)

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Why is formula so frothy! Its always annoyed Stu more than me but today I've started using HIPP & its not frothy at all yet SMA & Cow & Gate are!!!

It can't be good surely?!

hummm, I have no idea. makes you wonder whats in it then huh?

I know what you mean. I also have begun using HiPP upon a recommendation from a friend who tried it for her baby's reflux and its great. so smooth compared to the other formulas, the rest bubble up to nearly double the amount! how strange!

Are you maybe shaking it too much? Its reccomended that you actually swivel it to stop it bubbling up x

I know what you mean. I also have begun using HiPP upon a recommendation from a friend who tried it for her baby's reflux and its great. so smooth compared to the other formulas, the rest bubble up to nearly double the amount! how strange!
Thanks for that - its why Ive started using it ...reflux

x

hummm, I have no idea. makes you wonder whats in it then huh?
Yer is making me think now!!

Are you maybe shaking it too much? Its reccomended that you actually swivel it to stop it bubbling up x
No not at all - I've mixed the HIPP in exactly the same way as cow & gate (SMA was first born)! Madness.

and all those bubbles cant be good.
have you ever had a drink of warm pop?
bubbly....
cant be good :nope:

Yeah i've always swirled milk to mix it. Just makes sense that shaking adds air and froth

Do hipp do a formula?? Or am i getting confused??

https://www.hipp.co.uk/products/milkfeeding2.htm

They do!

x

Ohhh, you got some.

The bubbles always got me with the other formulas too!!!

How is she getting on with it???

xx

Oooo i might have to buy some if it is good for babies with reflux...my little one has reflux pretty bad...can you buy it from all supermarkets? Im currently using cow and gate...and iv noticed how frothy it is...i thought i was doing something wrong...did you introduce the hipp formula gradually or straight away?? Also did Caitlin take to it straight away?? x

yeah asda, sainsburys, tescos and also boots. My LO took to it really well. would definitely recommend it for reflux babies! also only about £5.99 for 900g

so?

after 6 months did you change gradually or all at once?

would like to give this one a try

When I changed Noah I changed all at once. He'd been on every milk there was and none of them stayed dowm until I used Hipp as a 'last resort' I thought with it being the cheapest it wouldn't be very good, boy I was soooooo wrong. From the first bottle i noticed a difference.

I highly reconmend Hipp!!!

Me too!! its by far the best. Bella was on aptamil but HiPP is miles better in my opinion. Would recommend to everyone. We also swapped straight away and she was fine. She barely brings any wind up and seems very settled on it. It also fills her up nicely but doesn't sit too heavy if that makes sense?

Its fuuny cos since i read this thread yesterday i thought i would try it...i bought it today and so far my LO has had 2 feeds using the hipp formula rather than cow and gate and touch wood (which i just have done)...he is not as sick...so i think so far so good...im really glad as his reflux was getting worse!...Thanks wobbles for doing this post...you made me discover the formula:)...i just hope it continues to work!
Have to say im not keen on the packaging though...x

Yeah i know what you mean...the bags never stay sealed. I use an old aptamil carton and empty the foil bags into them. Other than that, can't fault it. Guess that's why its a bit cheaper, less packaging and all that!

Ah i never thought of that...very true...noticed that you can buy hipp containers...might get one...i thought it was just me sealing the bags wrong...:)

I just used a tuppaware (sp) bowl. That way it could be washed regular and its cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->