Frustrated

cnswilliams

Mommy of 3 sweet littles
Reaction score
So hubby and I were waiting for the big day signs to bd. I only got barely there first thing in the morning EWCM and never did get a positive opk (testing twice a day). Had very mild cramping last night but figured since I didn't have any good signs of fertility yet and negative opk that I wasn't fertile yet and then I get a temp spike this morning. I have had terrible sinus congestion (either severe allergies or a cold) the past couple of days, could that cause the spike or did we miss our window that quick? FF said I was going to ovulate sometime between today and 2 days from now... can you see my links to my charts?

Update: I took another OPK tonight and it is more positive than the first positive I did earlier. To me that says my "surge" it still increasing right?

Pictured uploaded: one is of all of my OPKs this month and the other is of just the two today so you can see how tonights is darker than this afternoons.

Update #2 just incase anyone might find this info useful at some point. Uploaded my latest result. My lh test is SUPER positive today and my temp took a pretty good dive so I think it's safe to say that today is "O" day. :) looks like colds can cause temp spikes close to ovulation :)

Attachments

• 20150316_163625.jpg
    20150316_163625.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20150315_211715.jpg
    20150315_211715.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20150315_211908.jpg
    20150315_211908.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
I recognise you from Bnb when I was pregnant for my son! Good luck on TTC and baby dust your way! Sorry I don't have much advice to give x

I recognise you from Bnb when I was pregnant for my son! Good luck on TTC and baby dust your way! Sorry I don't have much advice to give x

LOL, Yes, I am the one with all of the ridiculous "what the heck is going on" questions right around this time of them month! Crazy to go from knowing my body like clockwork, to having a miscarriage, to not having a clue like I haven't lived in this body for 35 years! Now just took another OPK and it is finally positive AFTER my temp spikes *sigh*. Thank you for replying either way, no one seems to find my frustration too interesting! lol

Sorry no advice on whether you ovulated or not I do hope you manage to catch that egg. If you don't and end up trying next month you should try and bed every other day from when you're period ends, just so you're covered just incase you end up ovulating earlier than you thought you would. I know it seems like a lot and you think you could be tired by the time O does eventually come but after doing smep myself this month honestly it was fun and I know I don't have to stress whether we did do it in time as we dtd every other day leading upto O the day before my +opk, the day of my +opk and the day after. I'm sure you know all this, but I just wanted to give you some advice on it and just say it doesn't feel like a constant bedding chore it actually doesn't seem like you're doing that much. I do hope you won't be trying next month though and you manage to catch that egg

So hubby and I were waiting for the big day signs to bd. I only got barely there first thing in the morning EWCM and never did get a positive opk (testing twice a day). Had very mild cramping last night but figured since I didn't have any good signs of fertility yet and negative opk that I wasn't fertile yet and then I get a temp spike this morning. I have had terrible sinus congestion the past couple of days, could that cause the spike or did we miss our window that quick? FF said I was going to ovulate sometime between today and 2 days from now... can you see my links to my charts?

I am experiencing a similar situation and am lost as well :shrug:. I haven't had a temp spike yet but imagine it might be coming. I have been using opk since CD 9 and started using the twice a day for the last few days since I O'd around this time last month. There has been a line for a few days but it is not quite positive. Yesterday evening I started to get twinges on my right side and I've had lots of EWCM (tmi) for 2 days now. We bd anyway last night just in case. I have 34 day cycles and am already 6at CD 17. I am getting really frustrated :growlmad:.

Sorry no advice on whether you ovulated or not I do hope you manage to catch that egg. If you don't and end up trying next month you should try and bed every other day from when you're period ends, just so you're covered just incase you end up ovulating earlier than you thought you would. I know it seems like a lot and you think you could be tired by the time O does eventually come but after doing smep myself this month honestly it was fun and I know I don't have to stress whether we did do it in time as we dtd every other day leading upto O the day before my +opk, the day of my +opk and the day after. I'm sure you know all this, but I just wanted to give you some advice on it and just say it doesn't feel like a constant bedding chore it actually doesn't seem like you're doing that much. I do hope you won't be trying next month though and you manage to catch that egg

Thank you! I do know the more you BD the better chance but hubby A) Really wants a boy this go around and B) Wants to "know" when we conceived? (what ever that means). It is really stressing me out! I'm about to tell him what my 6 year old daughter says "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" LOL

I am updating my post with my run of OPK tests for this month because the one that I took at 9 pm tonight was definitely darker than the one that I took at 5, which to me would indicate levels still rising. That with negatives yesterday and I am baffled at the temp. I do have a cold though so hoping that someone has experienced "cold" spikes right before ovulation.

I am experiencing a similar situation and am lost as well :shrug:. I haven't had a temp spike yet but imagine it might be coming. I have been using opk since CD 9 and started using the twice a day for the last few days since I O'd around this time last month. There has been a line for a few days but it is not quite positive. Yesterday evening I started to get twinges on my right side and I've had lots of EWCM (tmi) for 2 days now. We bd anyway last night just in case. I have 34 day cycles and am already 6at CD 17. I am getting really frustrated :growlmad:.

I have 32/33 day cycles and today is CD17 for me as well so we have that in common on top of the usual craziness! lol I posted a picture of my opk run this month. I would expect that I would ovulate either today or tomorrow but the whole temp spike is throwing me off. Guess I will just have to wait and see if it stays up tomorrow. Hoping for a serious dip instead! :). At least you are on the right track with BDing unlike myself :dohh:

:dust: Lots of baby dust for a :bfp:

So like a dummy I accidentally woke up to pee 20 minutes before I was supposed to take my temp but even so, at that 20 minute mark my temp was 97.2 which is a good enough dip for the spike yesterday to not be ovulation. Then took it again after I slept for an hour and it was 96.93!:happydance: Looks like we didn't miss our chance after all!! Also woke up in the middle of the night with increased sex drive and want to call hubby at work and tell him to come home like NOW! lol. I am usually the opposite of interested so this all feels like good news to me:happydance:

My temp spiked this morning so I either O'd and missed my surge somehow or I failed to O. I guess we'll see. I'm going to keep using opk for the next few days but I'm hoping that dtd every other day will work.

I bet you get a positive OPK today! I think today is actually ovulation day do you will probably ovulate tomorrow :). I like to take my tests later because my surges always seem to happen at night. We will be in the two week wait together! And I am a POAS addict! lol

My temp spiked this morning so I either O'd and missed my surge somehow or I failed to O. I guess we'll see. I'm going to keep using opk for the next few days but I'm hoping that dtd every other day will work.

We must have been posting at the same time because I missed this. So are you in your tww then you think?

We must have been posting at the same time because I missed this. So are you in your tww then you think?

I think so but we'll see if my temps stay elevation for the next few days. I took an opk this afternoon and there was barely a line. The only thing I can think of is that I missed my peak from getting off track and testing too early on Thurs bc I knew I wouldn't be home. I usually test around 7 or 8pm the 2nd time and tested at 4 instead. I probably had my peak that night but we dtd every other day so I should be ok.

I think my almost positives on Fri and Sat were the tail end of the surge. If this cycle fails I will make sure to keep things on track.

That's very possible. My opks stay positive for a couple of days but my friend who is now 7 weeks pregnant had such a short surge that she missed it completely! She was testing once a day and felt ovulation but never saw even a sign that a surge was any where in sight, she was doing the dance every other day as well so that is a good sign for you :) So what is your plan on when to start testing for BFP? I think I will start tomorrow! lol j/k but I have gotten bfp on day 10 with first 4 pregnancies so I will most definitely be testing on the 26th if my temp stays up :-D

That's very possible. My opks stay positive for a couple of days but my friend who is now 7 weeks pregnant had such a short surge that she missed it completely! She was testing once a day and felt ovulation but never saw even a sign that a surge was any where in sight, she was doing the dance every other day as well so that is a good sign for you :) So what is your plan on when to start testing for BFP? I think I will start tomorrow! lol j/k but I have gotten bfp on day 10 with first 4 pregnancies so I will most definitely be testing on the 26th if my temp stays up :-D

My temp is much higher today so I am pretty sure I O'd on Sunday. We dtd on Wed, Fri, midnight on Sat going into Sun and on Mon so I should be ok. AF isn't due until the 31st so I'll try to hold out until then. I don't feel too confident about this month but hopefully I'm surprised. It would be an awesome birthday gift for myself!

I still haven't gotten the temp spike that says I ovulated FF says I am due to start on the 31st as well. Sounds like you covered all of your bases so why don't you feel good about this month? When is your birthday? The 23rd is the 2 year anniversary of my dad's passing so I am hoping to have some good news close to that day so that I am not too down. But that would be a SUPER early positive if I was pregnant so just wishful thinking. :)

I still haven't gotten the temp spike that says I ovulated FF says I am due to start on the 31st as well. Sounds like you covered all of your bases so why don't you feel good about this month? When is your birthday? The 23rd is the 2 year anniversary of my dad's passing so I am hoping to have some good news close to that day so that I am not too down. But that would be a SUPER early positive if I was pregnant so just wishful thinking. :)

Last month I felt confident and it didn't work out. I know we covered the window as much as we could. My birthday is the 25th but I don't think I'll test that day since it's too early. I'm sorry about your dad. Hmm I wonder if it got delayed? Let me know if you get the spike. I'm crossing my fingers my temp stays up tomorrow so I can confirm ovulation.

Last month I felt confident and it didn't work out. I know we covered the window as much as we could. My birthday is the 25th but I don't think I'll test that day since it's too early. I'm sorry about your dad. Hmm I wonder if it got delayed? Let me know if you get the spike. I'm crossing my fingers my temp stays up tomorrow so I can confirm ovulation.

Waiting for confirmation is frustrating too isn't it? I was disappointed this morning when I woke up and didn't have the spike. Just makes me feel more confused! Tonight hubby wanted to BD and I didn't want to just from feeling discouraged about ovulation :wacko: Hope you get your cross hairs tomorrow! The 25th would be 10dpo right? I found out at 10dpo with my first three and 8 dpo with my 4th. I buy the dollar tree tests! Super cheap and super sensitive! With my 4th pregnancy it showed positive the morning of the day I had a blood test that revealed only 12 hcg!

My temp dropped this morning so I didn't ovulate. At least I don't have to stress myself out in the tww.

My temp dropped this morning so I didn't ovulate. At least I don't have to stress myself out in the tww.

So does that mean you are still waiting to ovulate? Sounds like you are on the same roller coaster I am on! Where do you keep track of your temps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->