• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Full term babies in SCBU

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
My little man was born at 40+1 and was admitted with Polycythemia,low blood sugar and Jaundice.

Did anyone else have a full term baby in SCBU?Xx

Hiya, not personally mine were both prem, however I did see a couple of 'termies' in the transition room with low blood sugar etc don't worry he will be home with u soon congratulations xx

My little man is 3 now :) Just worried that the new baby is going to be born with the same thing :( x

Apologies Hun, just spotted your tickers, you will no doubt be consultant led this time around and closely monitored xx

Niamh was prem but at a full term weight, she was with me on the ward for two days before being admitted for jaundice.

my little guy was term+6 and admitted to scbu but only for 2 hours or so.he was small, they cut his head when doing forecep delivery and he had to be watched as i had strep b.x

My son was a C-section at 39 weeks and spent a week in SCBU due to inability to feed, they thought he had a blockage. TBH it was upsetting but because he was full term, a good size and could breathe for himself, I had most of my worries taken care of x

Hi, Yes both my full term babies ended up in scbu. Unfortunately my first baby died shortly after he was born due to PPHN which is a rare breathing complication. I can completely understand being terrified that the exact same thing would happen again, I know I was, even though there was no logical reason why it should.

My next pregnancy was monitored a lot more closely which did help to reassure me. My second baby was taken to scbu a few hours after he was born, he had fluid on his lungs. Fortunately he was only in for 3 days and the midwives did their best to reassure me that everything would be ok, athough I was still rather panicky tbh.

I am sure everything will be fine for you but it is only natural to worry. :hugs:

Yes i did my first was 39+wks and was in because he had breathing problems, my 4th was induced at 36wks due to rh disease and my last was in for what we thought was rh disease but it turned out to be an immautre liver.
Felt so stragne as the other babies in icu were all tiny and my mine were all huge, my fourth was 11lb10oz at 36wks xx

I don't seem to be under consultant care this time...I've been told I have to have baby in delivery suite as i've got high BMI but they don't seem concerned about what Harvey was born with...maybe that will change when I see the consultant after my scan on 5th?xx

Tegan was full term and in NSU (neonatal surgical unit) for 8 and a half weeks after she was born.

My little lad was induced at 37 weeks due to obsteritc chrolosis, born at 37 plus 5 and spent 9 days in scbu. This was due to his lungs being immature and he also had a blood infection.
I know what you mean about being scared it'll happen again, part of me would love another baby but I'm petrified the same thing will happen.

My LO was born 11 days late with congenital pneumonia and went straight to NICU because she couldn't breathe. She's fine now thank god but scary, scary times!!!

My daughter was in the NICU for 35 days. She was born at 40+4. It was an induction that didn't go well, that led to her being born with PPHN. She was really sick for 2 weeks, but got better. She is now a happy seemingly healthy one year old.
I always worry that something similar will happen if I have another baby. My daughter's birth taught me how fragile life can be.

HI, my daughter was 40+3 and was born with Congenital Hypothyroidism which presented with a large neck goitre (which was why i ended up emcs) I had her on the ward with me for 2 days (1 night), then she was in NICU for 4 days, then special care nursery for 3 days where i fought to get her out. As her condition is pretty rare, they were obsessed with monitoring her... although in our and our midwifes and a few of the nurses opinion she didn't need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->