Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

I won't get an internal.
As much as I think they are pointless, I'm still darn curious what's going on in there and wonder if I'd take it if I DID get the option, but they're just not the done thing in Australia.

I have really been into watching Criminal Minds lately which is funny, because earlier in pregnancy I stopped watching, because I found it too disturbing. I guess I am now drawn to it because the characters are good guys who usually get the bad guys, and I suppose that is reassuring to me as I prepare to bring a new baby into the world.

My chief complaints nowadays are water retention, thirst (I guess my body signalling me to try to flush out the extra fluid) and the inevitable response, constant peeing. Oh yeah, and heartburn.

I am still waiting for that burst of energy when I feel compelled to scour floors or clean the bathtub or something. I mostly just feel like lounging.

Just realized I'm a watermelon!!
Last fruit on the ticker!!!
As I'm in Aus its a day behind almost it doesn't change til like 4pm

Yeah it's norm here and they don't really ask if you want it done. I'm sure they rarely have women request not to have it done. I don't mind so much. With my daughter I went in to the mw and was 7cm dilated but no longer contracting. I can only imagine what could have happened if they didn't check because at the time I was 45 minutes from the hospital. lol.

I know but it doesn't really indicate anything, u can go from 0-10 in an hour or be stuck at 2 or 3 for weeks.
I guess that's why they don't do it here its not a true indicator of when labour will start

oh I agree. I've had it done in my other two pregnancies so it doesn't bother me. I never seemed to dilate much until I actually went into labor, but I never had contractions this early either. hoping somethings going on but my luck, nothing significant is lol. do they do the gbs test there? I get it on Monday. I've never tested positive but I'm still nervous about it.

oh, and when I was 7cm, it literally only took my water breaking and my daughter wad born right after. if it had happened at home I wouldn't have made it to the hospital it happened so fast... and no one was home that day.

ouchie. just had a really uncomfortable contractions and tons of pressure and now I feel swollen down there. blah.

Might be a silly q but could u feel u were so dilated? You would just think you would know if u were that open, does it feel like anything?
And yeah I had the gbs- in my app they gave me the swab and u just do it yourself in toilet and then drop it at pathology next door. Mine was all clear- I was sore for like 2 days after though, like a UTI sort of sting!

We don't get GBS swab here......I hope I don't have it as its bad if you do isn't it? Not sure why they don't test us.
I haven't had any BH so am really curious as to what a contraction feels like-I'll prob change that curiosity once they start coming :)
I haven't seen the last series of bones yet-will have to watch it with DH-as he loves it.
I have no desire to get out of bed today-certainly no burst of energy r nesting instinct yet hehe.

It's 11pm here.
Hubby's on night shift this week..... Nervous!!
Oh, and the texts from friends and family have started! "Anything yet? Any twinges" argh!!!!

Aahhh the lovely texts haha....I think it's funny how people I rarely hear from have started texting me....I'm not even at my due date yet....I will be switching my phone off after my due date if I get bombarded-I am annoyed and impatient and grumpy now so I will be in a foul mood by then hehe

i watched ost an 24 last preg wel tried to jst culdnt concntrate on it.
ohh my hip an groin reall hurt today ouch cant walk sometimes so sore. alot pressure for week in pelvis which also changed last few days too and noticed watery discharge(had none this with son an he was days early) oh am his mum reaconthis one will come early 2 as my bulp droped week of xmas abt 26-28th dec an i also noticed its lower. an also on thurs past some1 said ur neat lol. also today fel like need go loo alot for pee i actually went then 2 mins later was burting angain tht i trickled little so went lo again but nad.(paranoid anyways tht am leakin fluid lol as i dribble alot and sme times no smell or smell seaman once and othertimes wee).
i will not be let too go over due date, been told am IOL at term.
this preg so much harder than first grrr noprobs till labour woke with backache and called hour later went in hosp an set machines offf lol (they though stupid young person in early labour . he he i gave them a fright) hopefully find oud more about IOL on tue at ob apoint.
hope we all dnt have long wait

Hi! :wave: Due January 25th here. :) Can't believe how fast it's coming now, aah! Had an appointment on the 2nd and was told cervical length has gone from over 4cm to 1 and there's "softening" - so signs my body's getting into birth preparation mode for sure but my doctor said it doesn't neccessarily mean anything will happen in the next days. It's up in the air but I'm feeling on edge for sure. Want to know when she's coming! :)

Oh the texts and phone calls drive me crazy! I would hope my family and friends realize that if I had my baby I would certainly contact them!

I haven't had any internal checks yet this pregnancy, unless you count the pap I was having at around 8 weeks when my doctor asked me if I was pregnant, and that is how I found out! :lol: I had the gobs swab done last week and I imagine the internals will start now. I agree that they don't really tell you much.

Lol sorry girls.. this thread is moving really fast! I think you guys are talking about tv shows?

My favorites are things like Ghost Adventures (Zach bagans is yum!), two broke girls, mike and Molly, how I met your mother, stuff like that. Tonight we have our Sunday night shows- the Simpsons, American dad, family guy. Lol. We like sitcoms.

I did watch all the seasons of desperate housewives that are on netflix. I will have to make my husband download the rest of the episodes for me.

Oh does anyone watch the walking dead? Love that one. Can't wait till next month!

Oh and I like dumb teenage shows like teen mom ( I know, but its hard to turn away lol) and catfish.

Man I better be getting close to birth I am not even joking! My belly has tremendously dropped and I have so much pressure its insane! I really don't want to go on for another two weeks like this!

Yesterday we went to Nebraska furniture mart and picked out a really nice rocker recliner for when Rylan gets here. It's huge and fluffy and I love it. lol. it was like 700 dollars but we had our families give us money for Christmas so we could get a new one. :)

Today I am doing laundry and then Sunday night dinner at my parents house. Were having pulled pork. My favorite! What are you girls up to today?

Zombie: I hope something is happening for you at your appointment tomorrow! My grandma has me convinced I will not go to my due date. I hope she is right. Lol.

And oh man. The texts. I have not gotten any but my mom calls me all the time asking "is today the day? Do you feel like you're going to have a baby?"

MOM. I will let you know when I am going into labor! Stop asking!

Oh and I like gay teenage shows like teen mom ( I know, but its hard to turn away lol) and catfish.

I am not familiar with Catfish, but I think Teen Mom features mostly heterosexual couples, does it not?

Oh lol maybe I should change the word gay.. I don't use it as in someone is literally gay. I mean dumb. I don't want to offend anyone though, so I will change it to dumb. :flower: sorry about that. I didn't think.

Might be a silly q but could u feel u were so dilated? You would just think you would know if u were that open, does it feel like anything?
And yeah I had the gbs- in my app they gave me the swab and u just do it yourself in toilet and then drop it at pathology next door. Mine was all clear- I was sore for like 2 days after though, like a UTI sort of sting!

I really didnt notice much of anything. I knew I was having bad contractions the night before but I ignored them, and then they stopped, so I figured nothing was going on. I felt pretty good. When they told me I needed to go to the hospital because I was that far dilated, I got there and walking to my room the nurse kept asking if I wanted an epidural and I kept telling her I felt great and she said I was the calmest patient she had ever seen at 7cm, but really I wasnt having any contractions anymore at that point. LOL :dohh:

Oh, and ive seen a few episodes of catfish and i wasnt too impressed. I need to finish catching up with Breaking Bad. I love that show :)

Breaking bad hits kinda close to home. My real dad is a meth addict. I saw a few episodes and saw how his life was getting messed up and turned it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->