Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

I pack 2 saddler blankets , wipes, 2 ones, 1 hat , 2 burp clothes, gonna add some socks outdoor hat more infent clothes

Ugh...I noticed at around 4:30 ths afternoon that whenever I stood up, my stomach would tighten up and stay tight. So uncomfortable. I had a nice warm bath which was relaxing, but as soon as I stood up to get out everything would tighten again. Boo. I have been relaxing all evening and all s good as long as I stay off my feet.

I don't mind taking it easy tonight but I have a big list of things to do tomorrow, and then back to work on Tuesday.

Hi all!
I've just written down everyone's due dates so I can go update page 1, my goal was that we start to see some BABIES soon and give the rest of us hope!!
Hats off to you ladies still
Working! I have been off 3.5 weeks now and its flown by! My Bp was quite high but since stopping work its stabilized.
Well not much nesting here! Hubby is on
Night shift this week (home alone= scary!!) so during the day I be as quiet as possible and just watch tele so he can sleep. Still nothing here, except the odd tightening carrying the groceries today.

Sounds like zombiedaisy could be first to see some action around here!

Oohhhh fingers crossed.....I am bored with maternity leave when everyone else is at work.....but not bored enough to want to go wash the dishes hehe.

I'm not bored yet lol. I can happily do nothing all day!!
Take advantage of it while u can!
Oh and I'm addicted to words with friends app lol

I am hoping to be done after this next week. Its just exhausting. My DH keeps pushing me to keep working until I go into labor but dang...thats a lot.

Are you working four shifts in a row? Thats a lot. Take care...do you have to be on your feet a lot or can you sit a bit and put your feet up. I find if I can sit for a bit and then work a bit that it makes it so much more bearable.

Yeah I'm working 4 shifts in a row. They're only 6 hour shifts though and I don't do anything strenous since they risk assessed me. In fact I don't to much at all as my work colleagues are like nervous wrecks round me:haha: Nobody who has been pregnant has ever worked as late in their pregnancy, they usually use their holidays to finish early but I want all mine after I give birth.

My hubby's the opposite he wouldn't let me keep working lol.

Full term wednesday woohoo:happydance: Me and the husband even DTD last night and it did diddly squat:dohh: Well I say diddly squat but I was up 3 hours in the night with an extremely active child and I had 4 really painful long braxtons. I'm actually willing pain on myself ha:haha:

My hospital bag is packed ready for wednesday in case they decide to induce too. Just need to clean the fish and do the ironing and get some food in so the hubby can cope without me for a few hours:wacko:

Which brings me to another topic. How do you think you're OH will cope with the whole labour experience? I think mine will have a MASSIVE panic this time as we have to sort our son out too. He panicked last night when he saw my stomach tense from a braxton and then LO kick the hell out of me after he was all 'shall we go to hospital':haha:

My hubby's the opposite he wouldn't let me keep working lol.

My husband is definately more cautious over me working. But he knows my work are good and will let me leave early if needs be and I won't be doing too much

Well last night hubby and I made the decision we won't be telling anyone when we go to hospital, my mum is REALLY insistent on being in delivery and won't take no for an answer so this is what it's come to!' I wanted my best friend there too but can't have or my mum will be insanely jealous and angry. But my mum is THE WORST person in high stress situations and is very high strung and fusses over me way too much. She's already driving me crazy! Won't let me lift so much as a pillow (literally!) and asks if everything is ok whenever I pee!!

We are also not telling anyone when I go into labour-no-one has asked to be there but my hospital has no waiting room (not that I would want anyone waiting around) -I just ont want relatives bugging the busy midwives ringing for progress updates-or ringing DH as that would stress me out. DH told me he doesn't want to tell anyone about he birth until after we have had family time the 3 of us....I was so glad when he said this as had been planning on saying the same thing.

Luckily there is very strict visiting hours-2 people at a time & 2 or 3 hours a day is visiting times so we won't have a barrage of visitors...LO's .grandparents will have to take co-ordinated turns.
I think my DH will flap-not expecting him o be a good birthing partner, but with no expectations it will be a bonus if he is composed & helpful.

Yeah only problem is hubby works with his dad so don't know how well get around it!

I told him all the responsibility will be on him to be sympathetic and keep me calm and he said "yeah that's my duty as the dad" lol, cute.

Awww -cute :) ohh if he works with his dad-that's a lot harder to "sneak away"......

Yeah, so I'm hoping bubs comes on the earlier side of things so he can call In sick and just say I'm having a really bad day/ not coping

Argh! Another check on my hospital bag contents and my brand new camera will only turn on sometimes! Like if I take battery out and put it back in it works, but otherwise it won't turn on.
Worst part of this is I have to go back to work cos that's where I bought it!!

Aw I really don't want to tell people I'm going into hospital but it's gonna be hard this time as I'll need someone to watch my son. When I had him we just rang everyone that morning and were like 'suprise'! Everyone thought my husband was ringing to say I was in labour and we were nope we've had him:haha: I was lovely though.

I've had shooting pains today they've stopped me in my tracks. I think baby is really on a nerve and I'm hoping its because she's actually starting to engage finally

I wanted to stop working way earlier in my pregnancy but dh was kinda hesitant. The closer I got to my leave date, if I had to work a long shift he would say, "make someone else work it. Youre pregnant" lol. but today I am kinda regretting taking off work. Usually I like to sit around and be lazy but now all I can think of is "when will I go into labor?" And its just annoying!

I do have to go to walmart today for trash bags and a couple more sports bras. How fun will that be!

I honestly don't know how dh will be while I am giving birth. We took these classes that said the main thing about the birth partner is the be supportive so now every time I complain he says, "baby you are doing so good. its almost over." Lol! So he is doing good there and if he stays like that I think he will be fine. However, sometimes he gets upset and angry when something is beyond his control. He is freaking out now about how I will be in pain and how there won't be anything he can do about it and stuff like that. So I hope he just calms down and doesn't get upset or mad about anything.

My mom will be in the delivery room with me though. My mom and dh. My grandmother and my mil will be in there while in labor but will leave if I want them to leave. I don't want a bunch of extra people around the room but my grandmother insisted and I love her to bits so fine! She tried to say she would be there for the birth. I said hell to the no on that and she hasn't brought it up again. Lol

cant tell anyone as they'll just think it's gross, but, i was getting little tiny bits of 'snail trail' on loo roll last monday, just very small little bits and then nothing, yesterday, a lot of snotty clear stuff on there, like someone had blown their nose on my loo roll before I got it! and today there was a little blob there, now it wasnt huge by any means, but big enough to notice it!!

so excited to be seeing signs of plug coming away!!!!

20 days to go today, so hoping not to go overdue as I can't wait to get labour over and done with and concentrate on being a mummy!

going to try and not let anyone know in labour either, may have to let my mum and big sis know as mum will be over for 2 weeks from france specifically to spend time with me and then baby as well! but after that just calling immediate family and my 3 best friends then after that hold off public announcements (e.g. facebook) for as long as possible to reduce visitors!!

:)

I've told my family I will text when I go into hospital, then dh will call them when it's over :haha: thankfully they seem to respect my wishes!
I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to drag something terrible, Dh has even started asking me if I'll need to go to hospital each night :shrug: after watching the pranks on YouTube, I have the urge to play one on him :blush:
I think I have had one of the worst phrased calls yet asking if in labour....."are you still with us" WTH, sounds more like waiting for death than labour :dohh: Anyone else had a similar call?

The only person I will be letting know Im heading to the hospital is my mom or sister, whoever is home, so they can meet us to take the kiddos. Otherwise, where not telling anyone else and DH agree'd he wont even call his mother until we've had the baby and bonded, and even then, their not allowed to come.

Had my 36 week appointment today (even though im a few days shy of 37 weeks now). Got my GBS and she checked my cervix. She said its "funneled" She said I was 2cm at the bottom portion and 1cm at the top portion (closest to baby) and very soft and stretchy. Hoping things continue to progress further. She started off telling me when it was safe to go into the hospital, and then I told her about my labor with my daughter, and she said "scratch that, you start having regular contractions for an hour, go straight to the hospital"

She also said really all that I need to happen is get LO to stop facing my hip and once he turns his head, he should drop down just enough to put me in labor. Im hoping shes right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->