Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

This thread has moved soooo fast I've lost what's happening!

Hope everyone's feeling ok. Ive been having sharp shooting pains from inside my bits down my right leg every so often for the last two days:cry: It hurts like hell when it happens and stops what I'm doing.

I'm back at the hospital tomorrow evening for more monitoring too. Only 2 more visits hopefully though then we should get the all clear:happydance:

Hello, can join you guys????

I am due Jan 29th.
I am still working and just got off after two 12 hour night shifts....my feet HURT and are so swollen I can't bend my toes. They look like purple potatoes....bleh!

I also have contractions some that are just BH and others that really hurt but all are sporadic. Not really having any real big signs of anything.

Hi im still working too. Although I've just had a couple of weeks off for Christmas. Im back next weekend for four shifts but have a feeling they may be my last. Kinda hoping i might have a baby after then but i think k that might be wishful thinking:)

I am hoping to be done after this next week. Its just exhausting. My DH keeps pushing me to keep working until I go into labor but dang...thats a lot.

Are you working four shifts in a row? Thats a lot. Take care...do you have to be on your feet a lot or can you sit a bit and put your feet up. I find if I can sit for a bit and then work a bit that it makes it so much more bearable.

Wow - so many people due around the same time!

I'm hoping the TV shows are mainly American ones, as I've heard of so few of them! Either that or I'm just an old fuddy duddy...:wacko:

I'm so over the heartburn - it arrives shortly after lunch and sticks around until gaviscon time (bedtime). That and the BH, which seem more frequent/intense than with DS.

Is anyone else thinking their baby will be big? DS was 9lb 6oz, and I'm concerned that this one will be similar. I'd like her to stay put for another couple of weeks (so we can carry on attempting to be prepared! Ahem!), but don't want to go much longer because she'll be humungus by my due date! :dohh:

I thought for sure this one would be big like my other two but due to my complications, they are saying he is on the small side and will be born small. Im holding out hope they are wrong, but deep down I have a feeling he will be small.

My oldest was 9lbs 3oz and my daughter was almost 9 pounds :wacko: Im also having tons of BH/contractions earlier and more intense this time around.

Ladies who are still working - I take my hat off to you. Are you finishing soon?
I finished just before Christmas (I'm a teacher), but managed to wangle maternity leave to start today, so I got paid over the holidays. I can't imagine having what sound like physical jobs at this stage. Take it easy ladies. x

I thought for sure this one would be big like my other two but due to my complications, they are saying he is on the small side and will be born small. Im holding out hope they are wrong, but deep down I have a feeling he will be small.

My oldest was 9lbs 3oz and my daughter was almost 9 pounds :wacko: Im also having tons of BH/contractions earlier and more intense this time around.

Hope everything goes well for you and LO is a good healthy weight.

It's reassuring to know others are having more intense BHs; I actually only started packing my hospital bag on NYE because they suddenly lasted 1.5hrs rather than the few short bursts I'd had in the weeks before!

Zombie: All my babies have been anywhere from 5lbs to 6lbs and have been great. I know you've got some other issues coupled along with that but I bet since you normally make big babies that he will probably be average sized.

ayh: I really want this next week to be my last week but me and my DH have argued over it. He wants me to get another two paychecks but I really can only control so much of when this baby will be here and my feet are literally painfully ready to pop. I work as an RN and at work they try to give me assignments that will let me sit in between my pt care but so far it has been a rough month in our unit and my pt's have been super critical lately and that keeps me on my feet all night. Thats so great you were able to start your leave after the holidays and get your holiday paid. I have contemplated going into school nursing once my LO's are school aged.

My doctor said he thinks baby will be in the seven pound range. I sure hope so! I think that's perfect! I was 6ibs12oz and dh was 7 pounds exactly so hopefully around there!

I finally finished work on the first. It's awesome not to worry about it but I am bored now. Lol.

That is the one thing that I was somewhat worried about going on maternity leave before I go into labor is just playing the waiting game. I was thinking it would make the time seem to take longer....but then I would like to be able to have some more time and energy to get my house more in order.

Nesting is kicking in!!!!

Breast tenderness is still there with some strong period pains and BH , I feel my cervix open its weried feeling like my lo put her hand out and wave the world saying hi ya :/ , just got some hot shower and bouncing on ball and relax :)

Zombie: All my babies have been anywhere from 5lbs to 6lbs and have been great. I know you've got some other issues coupled along with that but I bet since you normally make big babies that he will probably be average sized.

Im sure hoping hes at least average size. Im ok with that.

Ive been nesting yet again today. I dont know where all this is coming from. Went through the living room and dug out more stuff to donate, also organized all the craft stuff and put it in a nice rubber maid, even washing the babies stuff thats going to the hospital so I can HOPEFULLY finish my bag today. I keep saying Im going to do it, but I dont :wacko:

Technically I am still working. I am also a teacher and we finished on Dec 21 so I have been on holidays. I Am going back to work on Tuesday and plan to work the week and the following Monday. And then hopefully my doctor will write me a note saying I am not medically well enough to work.

My doctor thinks my baby will be between 8- 8.5 pounds. But then he also said I am carrying quite high so he can't be that confident. I hope he is wrong. That seems big to me, as I am only 5'2. my first baby was 6.10, my first by was 8.4, and my second boy was 8.2. With my first I had just minor tearing, with my second I had a fourth degree tear (which was quite yucky) and with my third I had an episiotomy in order to avoid another major tear. A smaller baby would be better for me, I think. I am about as big as I was last time, so who knows.

Hey ladies, I'm stalking here too :flower: waiting to hear how everyone is doing. :coffee:

I'm a ftm, due on the 28th so makes me 37 weeks on Monday. I'm under consultant care for thyroid issues, GD (taking insulin) and SPD.
I've had very little information given at this stage, will I/ won't I be induced? How I'm progressing? Probably a lot of other things I should be aware of by this stage.
We have noticed that my bump seems to have dropped lower in the last 4 days or so and the spd has become much worse. I've got an appointment on Tuesday so hoping to find out what the plan is. Hoping to finish getting everything ready for bubs this week.
Big thank you to everyone on the forums for helping keep me as sane as possible for this pregnancy :hug:

Ive gotta ask you ladies who have packed your bags, what did you pack in LO bag?

This is what I packed:
a Thick blanket to put over the carseat on our way out
2 swaddle blankets
3 onesies
1 night gown
1 outfit
Going home outfit
2 hats
2 pairs of scratch mittens
2 pairs of socks
Carseat
Diapers
Wipes

I feel like Im majorily missing something, but I cant think of anything else!!

I have packed:
1 big blanket and matching hat for car seat (being out in the cold)
2 lighter hats
2 pair socks
3 onesies
1 night gown
2 outfits
1 going home "picture" outfit
3 swaddling blankets
1 bottle Burt's Bee Baby wash
1 baby wash cloth and towel (the hospital ones are really rough)
a couple of burp cloths
a bag of preemie size diapers (the hospital provides newborn size and wipes)
oh and the car seat

In diaper bag i have:
Burp rags
long sleeve side button shirt
a going home outfit
Blanket for car seat
binkie
nipple cream
nursing pads
some natural remedies
baby wipes/diapers
and hand sanitizer
I swear in just the last 2 days i have gone from completely fine and comfortable to uncomfortable and crampy. I dont want to do anything! Everything else feels fine, i dont feel huge or overly pregnant, its just my pelvic region. If i dont go into labor soon i dont know how im gonna deal with this~

I am just bringing a swaddled blanket and a couple sleepers and the going home outfit. The hospital said to not bring much for him because they provide everything. I have a huge bag for myself though. lol.

the hospital I'm delivering at also provides everything except when it's time to leave but I really want my own cute blankets and clothes for him. I still feel like it's so little but I guess it looks that way because his stuff is so small. I haven't had an infant in the house for about five years now so it just feels strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->