Fun thread!! Come on in!

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Ok ladies so I am having a hard time passing the time until the "safe zone" so let's have some fun here!

Tell me your plans on the following:
1. How do you plan to break the news to your family or other children?
2. Are you finding out the gender? How are you going to reveal it?
3. Facebook announcements anyone? What is your plan?

And Go!!!

Hi there! :wave:

1. I haven't decided yet how I'll tell my family...probably just come out and tell them. They've been asking for months now. :haha: I don't have any energy to think of anything creative.
2. I haven't decided yet if we'll find out the gender this time. We waited last time and that was kind of fun, so we'll see once the time gets closer!
3. I'll probably announce on social media around 16-20 weeks with a bump photo.

:D

:hi: Hello!!!

I'm not sure if I'm a party-pooper if I've done everything already. :lol:

1. We got our parents together for a special family dinner, then changed our son (2.5 years) into a t-shirt that said "BIG BROTHER" on it. Everyone else had to wait for our public announcement!
2. We already found out the gender when we had chromosomal testing done, and we announced it by...
3. Announcing our pregnancy on Facebook! I made up a couple of cute little graphics, one announcing that we're expecting and due in January, and the other announcing that it's a boy. :)

I told DH via work. I rang his office and told them to write "congrats your going to be a dad" on his slip he has to collect when he goes in. They put it on the big screen and teased him.all day. ���� luckily he found it funny.

Told my dear mum when i asked her to babysit and added you will have another one in Feb. The shock/joy on her face ��

Told Dd1 whilst cuddling upto her that shes going to be a big sis. Shes 15 so was like eeeeekkkkk another one mom really?? But shes overly excited now.

DH told his mum she was going to be a gran again.

I dont intend on telling anyone else yet until.im showing and they ask.

However, i need some help on telling my other 2 daughters 9 & 8 and ds 6. Not sure how to tell them but want it to be a suprise. Ideas please. Xxxx

This is my first proper pregnancy journey and I intend to celebrate it at evenly chance as will probably be my last. My first pregnancy I was 17 and with a partner that my family didn’t really like so it was hardly a wonderful pregnancy, nobody was happy. Fast forward 7 years and I have a family with the most amazing man, my parents just love him to pieces and everybody has been waiting for the ring and pushchair for years but we have always said that we have a ready-made family now so probably won’t do the pushchair thing again (changed our minds a few month ago secretly) so;

1. I plan on telling my mum just after our 8 week scan (I had a day out booked with her months ago that has landed on same day 🙈) I have a photo album with the definition of family on the front and plan to do
grandchild no.1 (daughter) on page 1
Grandchild no.2 (stepson) on page 2
“You’re going to be a grandma again” with scan and photo of me holding the test.... can’t wait to see her face and spend rest of day with her

2. Yes we will be finding out the gender so that we can sort of arrange rooms in our heads and prepare the kids etc

3. When we tell the kids at 11 weeks with a little party and presents “I’m the big brother/sister” my best friend (photographer) is coming the following day to do an announcement photo shoot with us, which we will use for Facebook for our friends

Yay! Sounds awesome ladies!!

We plan to call close friends and immediate family to break the news and then a big facebook announcement to tell the rest of the world after our 12 week scan.

We didn't find out the gender last time but I think we will this time. I enjoyed knowing the gender with my first and delivery room surprise for my second was kind of anti-climactic somehow... Which seems backwards I know but when I was pushing I just knew he was a boy lol.

This pregnancy was a huge surprise after being 100% sure our family was done, so my announcements probably won't be super fun as I'm not sure how they'll be received. I had complications during the birth of my last one and was warned against having more for my own safety, so I'm terrified to tell people frankly.

I told my husband by crying and pointing to the test chanting "wtf" over and over again, lol.
I will be finding out the gender in 2 weeks so I will tell my 5 year old then, probably by buying a couple items for a baby of that gender and try to get him to guess my secret.
I have to tell my dad before his wedding in a month so I'm trying to find a way to tell him. He's the one who will be most worried. Suggestions?
Probably won't be announcing on social media

• I just told them, I texted my dad because I don't get to see him often. And I told my mom. I told my youngest son right away because I wanted him to come into the UltraSound with me. And then I used that picture to tell my oldest son.. I haven't announced on Facebook yet, I am not sure I am going Baby is born.. But we will see :haha:

• We just decided we are going to find out the gender, I am not sure how we are going to reveal it yet We have not thought that far ahead :haha:

• I don't really have plans to announce on Facebook I havent really thought about it yet. I thought maybe after my 3D ultrasound. But then I thought maybe when I give birth like "Hey I just had this tiny human" Lol I am really not sure

Tell me your plans on the following:
I'm going to wait till my 12 week scan and have t-shirts on my daughter's with I'm going to be a big sis again and one with finally going to be a big sis.. I'll have a mammy to be top on too :haha:

No me and my hubby decided as this is our last baby we are going to keep it a secret

Not till I'm nearly 30 weeks 2 members of my family both lost babies at 20 + weeks with no reason so I'm so nervous to put it out there incase anything happens

This is fun :thumbup:

I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my parents. We already told DHs dad since he was in hospice care and only had a few weeks. He has passed now. We told a few of his family members up while we were there. We won't be telling my parents till at least our first scan, but most likely 12 weeks. Mainly because my mother doesn't keep her mouth shut. :haha:

We will be finding out the gender. I'm thinking it's boy #3. I want to do a gender reveal party, but undecided if I want us to find out at the party or at the scan.

For social media I was going to do a photo of my oldest giving his little brother lessons on how to be a big brother.

The only person I've told so far is my MIL and I have her a note that said "roses are red violets are blue, can you figure out the secret? Here's a clue." And attached was a Feb birthstone for her to add to the locket I bought her 2 years ago with her grandkids stones and photos in it.

I do plan on finding out the sex of the baby but I haven't thought about how I'll announce it yet.

I'm going to do my facebook announcement soon (after 10 weeks) and I'm going to incorporate my kids and have 3 photos- my son's will be the summer baby, my daughter will be the spring baby, and then I'll have "winter baby coming early Feb" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->