Fundal Height and Growth Scans?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many weeks behind you have to be measuring before they send you for a growth scan?

When I was in the hospital yesterday she has marked down my fundal height as being 28cm at 31 weeks. I'm pretty sure I remember reading in the past that once it's 3cm different then they usually refer for growth scan. I was 26cm at 25 weeks, so I've only grown 2cm in 6 weeks :wacko:

xx

They go by your chart hunny as it's tailored to your BMI which was measured earlier on is your pregnancy. You need to measure below the bottom line to be sent for one. I am measuring 5 weeks behind and I was scanned again on Monday (at 38w2d) and Flump was weighing 6lbs 6oz. So a small measurement doesn't mean a small baby.

If you are concerned then call the hospital and ask for one.

They go by your chart hunny as it's tailored to your BMI which was measured earlier on is your pregnancy. You need to measure below the bottom line to be sent for one. I am measuring 5 weeks behind and I was scanned again on Monday (at 38w2d) and Flump was weighing 6lbs 6oz. So a small measurement doesn't mean a small baby.

If you are concerned then call the hospital and ask for one.

I have the midwife tomorrow so I will ask her then :) Yesterday was an impromptu visit after falling down the stairs rather than an actual check, so have my 31 week appointment tomorrow xx

Just ask for one, you may have to wait a few days but if you feel that you are measuring small they will usually fit you in.

hi, i was measuring 4 weeks behind at my 24 week appointment. i hadn't grown at all in 4 weeks.
all has been ok. they're saying he's still slightly small but they're not to worried.
at 29 weeks he was 2lbs 4oz.

That was my last scan. They said i didn't need anymore. and i'm now only measuring a week behind which is neither here nor there.

I was 2 weeks behind with Alex and he was born 6lb 15oz at 38 weeks... this one today I measured 2 weeks behind and have a growth scan tomorrow (not cause of fundal height) and if shes been growing at the same rate as earlier in pregnancy she will be above average :wacko: See what your midwife measures you at tomorrow then if you are still concerned talk to her about a growth scan, I'm sure if you're really worried they will scan you :hugs: xxx

when i was 28 weeks, my fh was only 23 then i got sent for a growth scan, where they said baby was measuring small..he popped out weighing 7lb 13oz :) try not to worry xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->