fur babies

croydongirl

Reaction score
I think one of the hardest things about miscarriage is the unnatural situation it leaves you with when you have nothing to care for.

My husband and I have decided if the next pregnancy ends in miscarriag we will get kittens. I just feel like with each miscarriage (we have had 4) my desire and need to care for something, is getting almost unbearable. I know that kittens or puppies are not a replacement, but I think they can make the hole in my heart a little smaller!

Have you got little furry ones to stand in the gap and give you something to love on while you wait? Did it help you?

We already had our cat when I lost my baby in the spring and yes, having her around to nurture, play with and hold really helped. I really, really wanted to get another kitten (our cat was already grown up) but dh pointed out our cat would not like that and he was right. I think if you and oh really agree on it then definitely go for it!

Yes... having our cats around (a boy and a girl) has really helped us. The house is much cheerier with them scampering around and we love looking after them together. For now they're like our children in a way, and their quirks and personalities always cheer us up. They're great to snuggle up with on cold winter nights too. :hugs:

We have two dogs and they have been an enormous comfort to me. They are always there when you're down and because of them, I actually have to leave the house to walk them! Some days have been hard and they get me out there.

Good idea! We got a puppy when I started IVF and he has been the greatest comfort ever. x

We got a kitten when I lost my baby and he is so naughty! He is a pain in the backside!! :haha: He is adorable though and it did help us through the miscarriage x

I totally agree. we already have a cat and we decided to get a kitten as our cats breeder is having another litter next month. we were half toying with the idea when i was pregnant, me thinking no, hubby really wanting one, lol, so we decided to def go for it! :D

We have a baby too so i have and will have lots to distract me.

Good luck ladies, hope you all get your bfp soon xxx

OH and I have two cats and two housebunnies. Whilst I definitely needed OH around to clean litter trays, feed and water, the pets were a huge comfort to me.

The first time I laughed after losing the baby was when one of my cats kept repeatedly trying to crawl onto my very sore belly. I was on the sofa and he just kept sneaking up the side of me and then trying to sleep on my stomach, with head and paws on the incisions. It hurt but it made me smile. He's not normally that affectionate so he really must have known something was up.

I love my pets and fully believe they kept me sane whilst I was stuck at home recovering with crappy daytime TV depressing me.

i have a 9month old BC

when i was told i couldn't have kids it hit me very very hard (how fucking wrong u were Dr!!!!)

i pleaded for another puppy, but OH did finally agree

we are on the waiting lists for an english sheperd, a very rare breed only being re-introduced back into the UK!!!

I resently got a parrot called Millie and she is amazing although my old dog and my geckos really did help me through my losses

xx

i agree with lucia - i have now had four losses and my dog is the reason i got out of bed many mornings. dogs are a going concern, emotional and nurturing, so they are wonderful to have around when you are down. we also have a cat, but as you know, cats are more independent and while they like to lie on you, they don't demand that you get on with your day! also, they say you want the puppy trained before the baby arrives...so you better get one soon!

My OH was adament he didnt want a dog/puppy..but i kept asking and asking until my friend rang and said I've found an abandoned female pup about 8 weeks old, She already had 2 large dogs and didnt have room for another so the only other option was to take the poor mite to a dogs home :(
Anyway I told OH, it took some convincing but he agreed to go and see her...Well she was adorable, he laid eyes on her for the first time and looked at me to ask if we could take her home, he'd already named her Poppie! Now I can not imagine out home without her...shes a handful but definitely worth it! She was in need of love and care...while i was without a doubt readily willing to give it...OH now dotes on her...Spoilt little pup! xx

aww i would get kittens, we have two cats a boy and a girl and they are our babies at the moment. They have been brilliant, our house is so miserable when they aren't there and it's been so hard not to get more to fill the gap after each loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->