• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Furious!

Most of the staff at the school I work in won't apply suncream to the children for child protection reasons but I always do. If the parents give their permission for me to do so and send it in with their child I am more than happy to do so as I would hate to think of my Daisy struggling to apply it herself with no help.

My LO goes to a private day nursery, and the ladies there apply scream to the kids.
I didn't realise some places didn't.
I presume they help the kids wipe their bums after a poo - so how come they can't put cream on (unless the kids are older and then they probably don't need help wiping their bums...!)
xx

A few places i worked you wernt allowed to due to allergy risk, the one place that allowed it each parent had to bring their own sun cream labelled and only that child would be allowed to have that suncream on. If it ran out it was parents responsibility to replace.

At Daisy's pre-school you pay £1 towards suncream and they apply it as and when. She's never been bunt and she is very fair so I am happy that they do it properly.

My LO goes to a private day nursery, and the ladies there apply scream to the kids.
I didn't realise some places didn't.
I presume they help the kids wipe their bums after a poo - so how come they can't put cream on (unless the kids are older and then they probably don't need help wiping their bums...!)
xx

Good point about bums!! I was talking to my mum about it earlier (we've started talking again for those who read my thread the other day), she used to be a childminder and is now a reception teacher. She has never not applied sun cream. And was amazed to know that some childminders actually wont do it!!

It's strange how schools vary in the same town kmbabycrazy. My mum works at Braeburn.

Yeah, Toby goes to Gladstone Road and they all have to take sun cream and apply it themselves. If they don't have sun cream they can't take their jumpers off when they play outside. The thing is I always worry he'll forget the back of his neck. I put it on him before he goes but it does need reapplying in the day and I don't know if anybody is watching to make sure they've done it properly. He's not come back burnt though so I guess he's doing it right x

The school i worked as a reception teacher we applied it but parents had to sign a form saying we could

Well that's odd. My sons first childminder was allowed to put it on him, his nursery did and his school does :/

I'm not being harsh on these people I just think its stupid asking a 4 year old to take sun cream but not putting it on him.

If they had said please pop back to re appl his sun team, or told me they were unable to apply his sun cream I would have done that.

My son had a hat in his bag.

The wont be a nex time!!!

I find it odd too. My LO's nursery apply it (school linked so im sure its in the regs, at the beginning of summer i was asked to supply a bottle which they keep there). and her childminder applies it too!

sorry this as happened to your LO OP x

I have a friend who works in a pre school setting.
The kids she has on an afternoon come over at lunch time from spending the morning in the school nursery. The nursery arent allowed to apply suncream and the kids have to do it themselves. But the pre school staff ARE allowed to apply it to the children. So by the time they come over to the pre school some of them are already burnt apparently. It's awful. As long as members of staff arent applying it to the children without another member of staff present, I think they should be able to do it.

I have a friend who works in a pre school setting.
The kids she has on an afternoon come over at lunch time from spending the morning in the school nursery. The nursery arent allowed to apply suncream and the kids have to do it themselves. But the pre school staff ARE allowed to apply it to the children. So by the time they come over to the pre school some of them are already burnt apparently. It's awful. As long as members of staff arent applying it to the children without another member of staff present, I think they should be able to do it.

And it's not like you have to strip a child off to apply sun cream is it! Face, neck, arms and legs. Some of these rules drive me mad!

I find it crazy that some nurseries/pre schools don't apply suncream! I supply Charlie with suncream for nursery and the staff apply it wearing gloves. I had to sign a consent form but I would hate to imagine 3 & 4 yr olds struggling to put cream on themselves! Madness that you would risk a child being sunburned :( Hope your little guy is ok OP :flow:

I was talking to my mum about it today and it's just crazy because it is more about protecting the teachers/staff than the children. It's things like these that make children scared of adults and adults scared of children

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->