Fussy feeding?

Princesskell

Love my 2 babies
Reaction score
My 13 week old has been very wriggly and writhing when bfing over the last 24 hours.
It's as if he desperately wants to suck but doesn't want what come out and then he yanks away.

I seem to remember my first child doing this but can't find it written in my journal.

He doesn't seem to have wind :shrug:
He doesn't have a dummy, could he just be wanting to suck?

Does it seem similar to a growth spurt - there's supposed to be one around 3months.

He seems to be taking less though? It's definitely not a slow flow as I know I have a fast flow which usually chokes him! :dohh:

Is he congested? Or maybe he's starting to get sick and just wants comfort.

Ike will do similar. Sometimes he feels sick (reflux) sometimes congested and sometimes he just wants comfort.

Hopefully it passes soon!

He's been congested since birth Rhapsodi. Think it must be more than cold? :shrug: we've had him checked out at the Drs several times but they don't seem to take much notice? Bfing is already normally very hard at night, I have to clear his nose as much as possible with saline. This is new though.
He's also very sicky...they suspected reflux at first but medication didn't help so now we are not sure?

I would still go to the doctors in your case but my 3 month old started doing this.

She's spreading her feeds out and didn't actually need to food just comfort and when my milk came out she'd get so stressed.

Started giving her a dummy and it's helped a lot.

An LC I know says they see a lot of this around 3-4 months and sometimes (more often than you'd think) it follows a huge growth spurt where Mums don't realise how much bigger their babies are. Mums get used to holding their baby in a certain place, in a certain way (like with their hand cupping baby's bum etc.) and don't realise that this isn't giving LO enough room to latch properly and nose is no longer to nipple. Baby squirms because the poor position hinders milk flow and they are trying to get a better position and stimulate milk. Might be worth checking if this is the case by going back to basics and checking that nose is still level with nipple before LO opens the mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->