Gagging on water

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by sweetcheeks85, Dec 9, 2009.

1. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

Ive tried to offer my LO water a couple of times to help him go, but he doesnt seem to like it at all and gags on it. Is this normal? I was thinking it was because he was not used to it as its much thinner than milk but reading posts on here it seems babies take water easily. Is my LO alone? x

2. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

u could also try lying him on ur knee or floor and lift his knees up to his tummy and that shud help him go abit easier.

i no hes only 2 months but u cud try a tiny drop or baby juice in his water it might help him take the water better. but id talk to ur hv about that first as it might not be the right thing to do.

also keep trying him with water he might just need to get used to it like u thought x

good luck

3. RyleighsMommy

RyleighsMommy Mother of 1 and expecting

My LO is almost 5mo old and she still gags on water as well....I dont know why either as my friends LO doesnt have that problem....but just wanted to let you know your LO isnt the only one! :)