Gall stones anyone?

Woo hoo, had a call today asking me to phone in tomorrow to discuss my app date :D

Called them bak this morning, i'm in for my op on Tuesday!!

had a call off my gp today, ive got to go in for treatment next tuesday apparently ive got a b12 defficiency that came up on my bloods when i had app with consultant.
ive done the dreaded google search and apparntly it can cause stomach problems and the defficiency can occur after abdominal surgery
will update on tues, hopefully this will be solved
x

I had no real idea I had gall stones until recently. I do get the occasional pain up under the ribs, but I never got anything that doubled me over like any of you have describe so I never paid much attention. I went to see an accupuncturist a few months back for ttc because Im 41 and heard they do wonders, first thing he said was stick out your tongue and remarked that my liver was having troubles. Being me I thought well I will do a liver clense to clean myself out and give it a kick start, done bowel and liver clenses before, they arnt the nicest of things but they do work wonders! To my amazement I passed a dozen pea size gall stones, they were all cholesterol ones thank goodness, apparenty quit common from being on birth control! Amazing the difference it has made health wise, didnt realise how sluggish I had gotten over the years! Wish you all well on the road to better health ladies!:hugs:

Good luck Vici!!

I have just got out of hosp! Got admitted on thursday due to pain and turns out I have pancreatitis due to my gallstones! They let me out 2nite but Ive to go back in 2moro nite for them to do some sort of procedure on me on Monday morning! They cant take my gallbladder out at the moment cos of the imflamation! Boooo!!

x x x

Good luck Vici, I hope it goes well. I have got nowhere with mine xx

I had no real idea I had gall stones until recently. I do get the occasional pain up under the ribs, but I never got anything that doubled me over like any of you have describe so I never paid much attention. I went to see an accupuncturist a few months back for ttc because Im 41 and heard they do wonders, first thing he said was stick out your tongue and remarked that my liver was having troubles. Being me I thought well I will do a liver clense to clean myself out and give it a kick start, done bowel and liver clenses before, they arnt the nicest of things but they do work wonders! To my amazement I passed a dozen pea size gall stones, they were all cholesterol ones thank goodness, apparenty quit common from being on birth control! Amazing the difference it has made health wise, didnt realise how sluggish I had gotten over the years! Wish you all well on the road to better health ladies!:hugs:

Can I ask you what a liver cleanse actually involves? When I had my scan I was told I had quite small gall stones so is this something that would work for me? Is it painful? To be honest I would do anything to get out having surgery but I can't carry on like this x

Good luck Vici!!

I have just got out of hosp! Got admitted on thursday due to pain and turns out I have pancreatitis due to my gallstones! They let me out 2nite but Ive to go back in 2moro nite for them to do some sort of procedure on me on Monday morning! They cant take my gallbladder out at the moment cos of the imflamation! Boooo!!

x x x

Thanks hun. O thats rubbish :( Hope they get it sorted for you xx

steph i had pancreatitis too its horrid, it didnt take long for the inflammation to go down and then i had keyhole op.

I was severely ill with my pancreatitis....it got to a very bad stage.
I had to be hooked up to a drip and had injections for a couple of days and nights before i had keyhole surgery.

Thanks guys! Im going back in tonight to be fasted and then tomorrow morning they are going to do a procedure called an ERCP where they try to unblock the bile ducts by going down my throat. The doctor thinks that should stop the pain and then I'll get put on the list for my gallbladder to be removed! Dont see why they cant just do that while Im in but hey!! x x x

yeah hopefully it will help.
i had an endoscopy,they dont hurt just feels a bit uncomfortable when tube goes past wretching area
good luck
x

I actually had my gallbladder removed this past Sat and things are going OK...I was throwing up all sorts of blood (old, new) before the surgery and Im still doing so and no one knows why. I have to go get scoped to see if its even related.

Anyways, I had no idea I had gallstones before I went to the ER because of the throwing up blood and the dr said I needed an ultrasound to see what was going on.

But once I knew I could not believe how many of the symptoms!!

I hope you feel better soon.

Had my op yesterday girls and thankfully they managed with the keyhole. Had the gall blader removed and in it was 52 stones. Fairly small compared to some i've seen but still 52 lol. Felt OK last night but feel shit today. Nurses are lookin after me so i hope to be home soon x

Glad the operation went well...Ive got mine on Monday!

Make sure u rest u plenty :D x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->