Gall stones anyone?

Thats me had my operation! I feel awful!Very sore and very sick! But hey...at least its done now!! x x x

How did it go hun?
The sickness and soreness will go.When did you have it done? Like you say it's done now :) Take it easy xxx

Glad you're all done hun. I felt crap too. Had my op last Tuesday and wasn't discharged till Friday!! Still sore now but went out for the first time today. Did have to go back to docs as belly button wound site was VERY sore and hard - turns out I have bleeding in the muscle so he said carry on taking it easy and it will eventually go. Hope you feel better soon xx

glad your both ok!!!
ive got a ct scan and a breath test this week to find out why im still getting the pains after the operation

The operation went well,they managed to do it via the keyhole surgery! And they did some sort of dye test in my bile duct to make sure there was no more stones!

I had it done on Tuesday afternoon! Starting to feel a bit more like myself but I am just so tired...I guess this is all normal tho!

Tricky Nicky, I hope they manage to find out what is going on with u! To live with these pains would be unbearable!

Can I ask, is it constant or only when u eat meals that are high in fat?! x x x

ive been on a low fat diet since i started with pains and also on omeprazole 2 a day
ive has endoscopy, ultrasound,blood test, x ray ct scan and breath test to find out what it is
x

Ladies I only just caught up with this thread. I hope Steph and Vici you're both recovering well.

I've got to wait until I'm 3 months post partum before I can have my gallbladder removed :(. I was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago with pancreatitis which was horrendous. I'm bow back in hospital as I had a really bad attack (lasted 2 days!) by the time I got to a&e i was doubled over and dripping sweat!

Luckily it's not pancreatitis again, but it's sooo frustrating knowing I'll have to wait 6 more weeks until the pain stops :( I'm trying to stick to a low fat diet but it's sooo hard.

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish hun, I can fully sympathise with you :hugs: Are you on the list for your op, just don't want you to get to 12 weeks PP and then they tell you you're going on the list x

why do you have to wait that long??
i had my op 2 weeks after my section because i was in that much pain
x

My hospital wouldn't operate after my section either. Not sure why :)

there is a risk, i had to have my windpipe manually closed before i was put to sleep.
it was awful, summat to do with how close my section was and i was at risk of aspirating.they had to operate my amylase level was 1300 and should be about 150 i think.

Ladies I only just caught up with this thread. I hope Steph and Vici you're both recovering well.

I've got to wait until I'm 3 months post partum before I can have my gallbladder removed :(. I was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago with pancreatitis which was horrendous. I'm bow back in hospital as I had a really bad attack (lasted 2 days!) by the time I got to a&e i was doubled over and dripping sweat!

Luckily it's not pancreatitis again, but it's sooo frustrating knowing I'll have to wait 6 more weeks until the pain stops :( I'm trying to stick to a low fat diet but it's sooo hard.

Oh god! Pancreatitis is honestly the most painful thing I have ever experienced!! Even labour! What r they doing for u in hospital just now?!

I found that I was just eating baked potatoes and salads!! That was it...its really hard to find food that doesnt aggrivate!

U should start pestering them to see if they can do the operation now, or at least give u a date for when u will be getting it! Use the old childcare excuse! x x x

hahaha reminds me of when i was in hospital i had ham salad for dinner and tea for 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it must be different hopital policies for operations which is silly really leaving people in pain for no reason

I know!! Thats weird!! When I was getting my pre-op consult they were checkin me out and asked about my c-section and when I had it...and I said "5 months ago" and they said "oh thats okay then"

But I dont understand why it would make a difference! I know there is a chance of adhesions if you operate after an operation but if someone needs an operation...they need it! x x x

I was diagnosed with gallstones last week after being in alot of pain since having Alfie (my GP seemed to think this was uncommon though and that there was no link?) but ive decided to try changing my diet and taking some tablets to see if they help instead of surgery as I dont do needles and knives unless necessary and being unable to carry Alfie around for a few weeks isnt really an option, so we are reassessing the stones in 6 months time, I just hope things settle with the tablets

i was ok carrying alfie round about 6 days after the op,but trying the diet is a good way.
there is a link with pregnancy its something to do with hormonal changes.
good luck and keep us informed
x

well i went for my appointment to discuss the findings of all the tests ive had and they where all clear!!!
the doc said i have to have an mri scan to see if there are any minute stones still ther???i have been repeatedly told this could not happen :(
also had repeat bloods

Oh nooo! Thats awful :(:( I feel terrible for u! I honestly cant imagine still having those pains! Its awful! I feel so bad for u :hugs:

Oh hopefully the MRI scan will show up whatever the problem is & then the doctors can get it sorted pronto! Its not fair on u to leave u in so much pain for such a long time! :(:(

I really hope it gets sorted soon! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->