Gallbladder issues? Help please

Reidfidleir

Reaction score
Hi
I believe I had my first gallbladder attack tonight. I'm 28 years old. It felt like a very bad stomach ache but on right side directly under ribs. I tried liquid calcium an water and a ginger candy but that didnt help. After drinking a glass of water and apple cider vinegar I started to feel better. Then I had 3 ritz style crackers and immediately felt awful again. My mother a nurse said its nothing. My grandmother who had gallbladder issues and ultimately removal of it sai it sounded like what she ha and apples and apple juice helped. I ate an apple and now I feel much better.

Sooooo what now? How long should I wait to see if this happens again? Should I go to a doctor immediately? Should I try a "flush" like is suggested online? I know most doctors will recommend havin it out no matter what but I really would like to avoid surgery if I can. Would this affect fertility?

Not a happy camper right now.

Ps
I am of a normal bmi. I have not lost a large amount of weight recently. My diet I thought was pretty good but I did have two slices of bacon this morning. I usually eat chicken or fish and sometimes ground beef. I'm not great about eating fruit but I do try to get vegetables each dinner time. I do not consider myself to have a high fat diet at all. And I don't eat processed foods.

sorry im not sure but i would definitely say go to your doctor, just to check what it is!
i dont imagine it would affect fertility :hugs:

Sounds like it, but I'd maybe go to the dr's and get it checked out. If it is, maybe best to get it checked out before it gets too bad.

I had gallbladder attacks for years - I never knew what they were - always just figured it was a bad stomachache. They didn't happen often, some years a little more often than others.

Another sign is pain in your back between your shoulder blades.

I was 6 weeks pp with LO and was having a bad gallbladder attack. I didn't know what it was (at the time). I had the pain in the back too (but for some reason thought it was a chill - had my mom and DH piling blankets on me). Went away for the night, started up the next morning and lasted several hours.

Ended up with an obstructed bile duct and had to have my gallbladder removed.

If it is a gallbladder attack, even if it may not be at the point where it'd require gallbladder removal, still probably best to have it checked out.

I can't imagine it would affect fertility though. If you go to the dr's - it's hard to say if they'd suggest surgery right away or wait and see (though if you don't want the surgery, they can't force you!). I'd ask them how you should proceed when having the attacks.

Thank you both. I have since found out that it runs quite strong in my family. Both sides. Wonderful. And on my dads side my 3 aunts that had it all had them soon or months after bearing children. Weird. One of my aunts has not had it removed and she said that once she figured out what it was she's been very careful to follow a low fat diet and avoid trigger foods. If she's been bad for a couple days it will happen. But so far the last flare up she had was three years ago. She has had this for the last thirty years. And an X-ray has confirmed that her gallbladder is full of stones.
This gives me hope that I can live with this. If I do have another attack ill get checked out. Since its only taken me the one to figure out what it is I have since severely limited my fat intake (it wasn't too bad before anyway) so I think and hope ill be ok for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->