Gallery of preggies

ok so I was able to find "misbehaving mum's to be" and I gotta say It isnt as bad as I thought it was going to be.... Although I really dont think that OVER eating should be put together with drinking, smoking, and not eating at all. But to be clear, I dont think smoking or drinking is good for baby, and I dont do either, I just thought being BBC TV it would be alot more over the top. I did smoke with my first two....and everything they say can happen just about did with my son..low birth weight , trouble breathing. He was in the NICU for about a hour. I realized then how scary it was, and how lucky I had been. But I know how hard it is to quit somehting when you dont have that little baby looking into your eyes. Out of sight out of mind kinda. You think "well I've cut back, so thats better then nothing right?" and come up will all kinda of reasons not to quit. like " Ive been smoking so long already if I quit, I'll miscarry because of with drawls" And stuff like that. Having so many issues with my son, I quit 2 months before falling pregnant this time, and havent had one since. I think maybe getting these mothers to be into a group of moms trying to quit might be a better way of going about it, rather then saying "look at what you are doing! your bad bad person" once the shock goes away your left to yourself to quit. A group together might stand more of a chance of quitting. Together. Also I think here are FAR worse things that can be done while pregnant. Anyhow, just my two bits :)

Yay for quitting! I agree that social support is absolutely vital. I've never smoked, but I've heard from my professors that it's more addictive than almost any drug, because of the sheer number of times you get a "hit" of nicotine. I feel compassion lots of compassion for women who really want to quit though.

On the other hand, my niece died at 8 years old from lung cancer caused by a genetic mutation triggered by secondhand smoke. (her pictures are on my facebook in the category "nicole". That puts everything into a completely different perspective for me. Not a big fan of people smoking around their kids!

Yeah, now that I've quit I now how silly my excuses were. Like I would smoke outside and not in the car. So I knew it was bad to smoke around the kids, But couldnt manage to quit while pregnant with them. Like I said it is so hard when you dont have those eyes looking at you, begging you to stop. And its even harder when your not the only smoker in the house trying to quit. Lucky for my the price for smoking went out of control, and I was able to get my DH to quit with me. We both quit cold turkey because we didnt want to drag it out over months. Let me tell you...our marriage was tested those couple of weeks LOL

BTW:Im so sorry about your niece :( that is so tragic! Babies should NEVER die before they have had the chance to live

hey girls how u all doing ok i hope xx
just a quick question i noticed some brown when i wipeed it is mixed with ewcm any ideas no sign of af at all s

hey girls how u all doing ok i hope xx
just a quick question i noticed some brown when i wipeed it is mixed with ewcm any ideas no sign of af at all s

Only thing I can think of is IB????? Where are you in your cycle????

i havent a clue since mc i finally broke down and cried it only took like a couple of weeks i feel awlful it took soo long ive had no proper bleed since mc ff says day 86 i have no idea wtf is goin on with my body right now grrrr glad ur all doin ok xx love ad babydust to u all xxxxxx

could be IB...dont NEED to have another bleed after MC. I believe there are two ladies here with BFP that got them straight after MC. Also Ive heard your even more likely to become pregnant after a mc. So could be a good sign :D

could be IB...dont NEED to have another bleed after MC. I believe there are two ladies here with BFP that got them straight after MC. Also Ive heard your even more likely to become pregnant after a mc. So could be a good sign :D

Im one of them ;) No AF for ages and then :bfp: :yipee:

Nikki, I remember when you got your bfp. You are meaning you havn't bled since the hosp told you you mc? Right? So your tests are neg now but you still haven't had any bleeding since your bfp? I think that you are probably just experiencing so
e breakthrough bleeding from such a long cycle. If it gets heavy enough to call it af then you can try your soy soon. Since you mentioned ewcm, please be on the lookout for o. I would use your opks twice per day while having ewcm. It's probably kinda nice to be doing something even spotting after such a long cycle, huh? Best of luck.

Amanda, hips feeling better.

Mummylove, you're getting some nutrients even if it does come right back up. Try to eat what comes up easily, that's a terrible thought. Even if you can't eat, drink your water. Try for an ounce every 20 minutes while you're awake anyway.

Nite girls.

Im one of them ;) No AF for ages and then :bfp: :yipee:

clare hunni how u doin xxxx

Im doing good nearly 12 weeks now :) :wohoo: i have lil bump and have had wierd twinges but people say thats normal x

Glad everyone is doing better.

I am doing better stomach has felt very tight past 2 days. I guess its just my stomach stretching for baby.

Only thing is I still have no motivation to get my house ready lol I gotta do it soon

I have the results of my 3 hour glucose test...

Fasting: 87
1hr :116
2hr: 105
3hr:102

I'm sure I'll have to repeat, but all is okay for now...I think. Not a lot of experience with these numbers.

That is the cutest ultra sound picture I've ever seen :)

im with the girls! those are the best US pictures! baby looks so relaxed and happy!

I think those glucose numbers are a bit high...pretty sure they will have you take it again. I think the normal number they go by is under 30...some are under 40....

im with the girls! those are the best US pictures! baby looks so relaxed and happy!

I think those glucose numbers are a bit high...pretty sure they will have you take it again. I think the normal number they go by is under 30...some are under 40....

I think they are normal?? 30 and 40 are WAY too low, even for fasting...I think it should be above 70?

They like to see for the 100-gram oral glucose tolerance test:

* Fasting: less than 95 mg/dL
* 1 hour: less than 180 mg/dL
* 2 hours: less than 155 mg/dL
* 3 hours: less than 140 mg/dL

Different practitioners use different standards for determining whether your level is too high. Some will say that if your one-hour blood sugar level is 140 milligrams of glucose per deciliter of blood plasma (mg/dL) or more, you need to have the glucose tolerance test. Others put the cut-off at 130 mg/dL to catch more women who may have gestational diabetes, even though there are likely to be more false positives this way.

LOL my bad put a 1 in front of my first numbers :D I know my doc said its a pass or fail test....I was just under the 130 but he said as long as I was under i was ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->