Gamers group!

How gaming friendly have you all found motherhood?

I personally stopped playing whilst pregnant as was too tired to work all day then raid in the evening. It was fairly easy to play when she was little and breastfeeding/sleeping on my knee....all be it one handed. Now she is a little older I can't do anything more than the cooking daily unless she is asleep in bed and even then I'm watching the monitor as I dont want to be involved in something that I will have to leave to go to her.

Pregnancy for me wasnt gaming friendly at all! I was too knackered to do anything, let alone sit and concentrate on WoW so when my sub ended, I never renewed it.
Motherhood at first took up every spare minute but once Evie was in a more established "routine", in that she was going down to sleep at a similar time every night, I thought I'd renew my sub for 3 months. That's nearly at an end now and I'll be renewing again :)
Evie goes to bed at around 8pm and gets up at 6.30ish so I usually get her down to sleep, get her bottles washed, sterilised and ready for the next day, then I switch on WoW and play till about 11.30pm. Works great for me now I'm on a PVE server, I'm not spending my 2.5 hours running away from being ganked!

same as mynx :)

i sometimes go on in the day when LO is napping other than that its nights when shes gone to bed and everything is ready for the morning.

I didn't play so much when LO was smaller. Once she hit about 5 or 6 months, and her bedtime was much earlier, I've had the chance to play more.

These days she is down sometime between 6 and 7, and (generally) sleeps through till 7.30 ish, so I have the evenings to play if I want :) I only tend to raid once a week, and I only do PUGs if I'm certain that's she's settled.

I remember when LO was a bit younger, I occasionally played Zelda (Twilight Princess) while she bounced in her Jumperoo ;) It was hilarious, she'd be jumping about shrieking as I whacked the bad guys :rofl:

and I only do PUGs if I'm certain that's she's settled.

The WoW LFG system makes me feel pretty ok about leaving if she wakes up. She tends to wake up slowly so I have about 5 mins from stiring until screaming to finish killing whatever is being killed. I think the excuse of "got to go, baby needs me" beats a lot of the excuses..... and definitely beats those who join a group and then leave as soon as the boss they want drops/doesn't drop their loot without even a word.
I do tend to join as DPS rather than healer if I think there's a chance of her waking.

I never had trouble gaming while pregnant and the early weeks, where he basically slept and ate were fine, but now he needs a lot more attention and I don't get a chance to do much. Mostly just easy quests or cooking/fishing dailies. I've never really done many instances, so that hasn't really changed. I'm at work all day and he doesn't sleep until 9:30 at night, so I generally only get to play for a short time after he's asleep before I need to sleep as well or risk being a zombie the next day.

If I join a PUG, it's because I want my shiny emblems :haha: Hence why I only do it when she's down, so I at least (hopefully) get some reward for putting up with the PUG ;)

I don't feel guilty about leaving groups on my mage, DPS is easily replaceable :rofl:

:wave: you said to let you know who's going to be in the guild/playing WoW and I'm definitely going to! just let me know what server and I'll hop to making a char.

:thumbup:

Cheers putting you on the list.

I found a good thing if I decide to continue my paladin instead of starting a new.. atleast I can afford a guild charter then! :haha:
We need to decide who wants to be GM aswell. Oh dear.

Ah well, I'm back at 7!

And what it will be called of course. BNBrs do Warcraft? :rofl: nah.

someone else will have to come up with a name me thinks!! :haha:

add me to the list on front page btw? :)

I used to run my own guild and co run 3 others so if you want I can take some of the preasure for you (thats if my game will work when servers are back up)

And what it will be called of course. BNBrs do Warcraft? :rofl: nah.

someone else will have to come up with a name me thinks!! :haha:

like I said on the other thread
Hormonal mummys :haha:

Are others still waiting to log on? I cant reactivate my account yet till the website is back up but just wondering if the servers where ready

I used to run my own guild and co run 3 others so if you want I can take some of the preasure for you (thats if my game will work when servers are back up)

Actualy I just remembered I have a guild (unused) set up on dragonblight called Order of chaos if you want to use that one.

I still like Hormonal Mummies, but for something more serious Order Of Chaos is good.

I'm trying to login - seems the servers are back up and running but now I keep getting disconnected everytime I login :/ makes me paranoid and I can't even get on the EU.WoW website to login and change the password just to be on the safe side! sure it's nothing like that though because if someone was using my account I'm sure they would've changed the pass by now and not kept the same one and all of my chars. :p

Is there anyone else with an active account that can check see what's going on? maybe if you're getting disonnects too?

i just tried it and it was stuck on connected for ages so i cancelled that and voila...realm list is up

This might sound really silly but i thought "Sisters Of Mercy" since we're all female at the moment and it's an old post-punk band. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sisters_of_Mercy

I don't know if Sisters Of Mercy seems a bit too friendly though, or... :haha:

I still like Hormonal Mummies, but for something more serious Order Of Chaos is good.

I'm trying to login - seems the servers are back up and running but now I keep getting disconnected everytime I login :/ makes me paranoid and I can't even get on the EU.WoW website to login and change the password just to be on the safe side! sure it's nothing like that though because if someone was using my account I'm sure they would've changed the pass by now and not kept the same one and all of my chars. :p

Is there anyone else with an active account that can check see what's going on? maybe if you're getting disonnects too?

Loggin in problem are common after a big maintenance (sometimes even for a few days) dont worry about someone else logging into your account because all they would have done is bang thier heads agains a "can not connect" screen like the rest of us :)

I still cant do anything because the accont page is still down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->