Gaming pc

twinklestar25

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea? Not really sure what I should be looking for. I’ve read a few bits, memory is important for storage space. Need at least 1tb I think. Readon I think is important to play certain games. Then graphics etc u have no idea what’s good!

has anyone got one or getting one? what did you get?

thanks

Smartie is your lady. She knows all about these things. I'm sure she'll be on st somepoint.

Quite pricy I believe but if you're into gaming last thing you need is something that lags or cuts out. Was going to get a laptop for dd1 but will be next year now. X

Hey :hi:

All depends on your budget really and what you're wanting to play with it. Getting a prebuilt gaming PC from a shop is much more expensive than building one yourself. If you do build yourself then you need to make sure every component is compatible (certain processors and graphic cards fit on certain motherboards, age of item from release etc). Radeon is a manufacturer for certain graphics cards.
Storage wise, SSD is better than HDD for flawless running (OS and games) and you do need at least 1TB space minimum to make it worthwhile. Can pick them up for £30-40. Ram memory will need to be at least 8GB.
GPU and CPU are extremely important for gaming, unless you have no intentions of playing new released games.
New / secondhand
CPU - £100-£600 / £40-£360
GPU - £400-£4000 / £180-1500 (sometimes older are worth more than newer - market fluctuates a lot).
SSD - £30-100 (wouldn't buy secondhand singularity in case of corruption)
RAM - £40-120 /£15-50
Cooler - £10 (watercooling is a lot more expensive)
PSU - £25
Case - £30-200 / £20-100
Peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse) - £350-600 / £150-300.

We all use nvidia GTX 10 series (5-6 years old) with 7th gen i7's (5 years old). Age of things aren't that important, but how it's used is. People overclock CPU's and mine with GPU's which burns them out

Thanks everyone there’s a lot to consider! I’ve found one with the following-
I5 processor
1tb storage
16gb ram
Nivadea 1650 graphics card

cpu/gpu isn’t something I’ve seen or read about. I’ll look into it.

thanks

Ah it looks like cpu is the processor? I read they come in i3-dual core, i5- quad core & i7- I think quad core with extra bits ‍♀️

Ah it looks like cpu is the processor? I read they come in i3-dual core, i5- quad core & i7- I think quad core with extra bits ‍♀️

There's also i9 which is top of the range.
Look for a CPU with at least 3.7Ghz otherwise it'll be underpressure and slow.
SSD for storage as they're much quicker and smoother to run games from and boot up. Hdd for the less important bits

The GTX 1650 is mostly for laptops and has the same performance as my 1050Ti which ran COD MW/warzone but can't run MW2 (newest), so isn't suitable for newer games, unless he is okay playing with 30-45fps on lowest settings for new games.

We wanted to get our 11 year old a gaming pc for his birthday but they are so expensive. My husband daily his own so built our son's too. Think he managed to do it for under £150 as he already had a few bits laying round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->