Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Merry Christmas to all u wonderful ladies of this group or I must say Gang :)) May this Holiday Season bring loads of happiness in our lives. Hope u all have a lovely time with your families.

Once we r back from holiday mood we will be all geared up for our little angels :))

Tkcr,, Keeping all of u in prayers !

So, my Dr. Appt. today went to perfection. I'm progressing! :yipee: I'm 20% enfaced, 1cm dilated. Babys head can be felt and is head down. He never said anything about station. I know I can walk around like this for weeks. But, still exciting to see that my aches and pain are helping things along. My blood pressure remains perfect 126/70.

My next Dr. Appt. is Monday, Dec. 31! I also scheduled my last ultrasound for Jan. 2. I'm so excited about seeing my little love again.

My MIL & SIL are going crazy thinking I'm having her this week. I doubt it... but its funny that they realized in reality she could come any day.

Leinzlove, I am jealous! I hope you get even better news at your next appointment!! My appointment last week showed no sign of progression, cervix was hard and tightly closed. I haven't seen any mucous so not holding my breath but still hoping things are progressing.

I am officially a married woman now LOL. I have my doctor appointment today and am hoping for good news, please, please tell me my cervix is softening/effacing and dilating. I've had some period like pain but nothing major, I mean I can walk around and keep doing what I'm doing and I don't think I've had BH's or maybe I have, who knows :shrug: I've heard with BH's your tummy gets relly hard, but I don't think I've felt that, my tummy is rarely not hard :dohh:

Congrats Emmediva! And let us know how your appt today goes!

Leinzlove - that's awesome you are progressing! I had an OB appt yesterday and he didnt do a vaginal exam but measured me and said, "Oh yeah, you're ready. No wonder you've been getting pelvic pain and pressure!" So, I will take that as a good sign things are moving in the right direction. I have often measured a week or so ahead, so I am hoping this baby makes his arrival a little bit earlier. I have had some cramping on and off, as well as this unbelievable pelvic pain. It is much worse when I am walking around and the baby's weight can really be felt.

I guess this means I really do need to get to packing my bags now though!

Ok... I packed my bag and thought I would post my list I used. I have a tendency to overpack though. :wacko:

Bag for me:
-hoodie
-t shirt
-2 pairs of black sweats
-4 pairs dark undies
-robe
-2 nursing camis (don't know if I will actually want to use these)
-nipple cream
-nipple pads x4
-2 overnight super maxi pads (I think I will mainly just use the hospitals, but pack a couple of these just in case)
-flip flops
-2 nursing bras
-3 pairs of warm fuzzy socks
-flushable wipes (I'm scared of hospital tp!)
-lip balm
-lotion
-soap, shampoo (wet and dry), hair ties, brush, deodorant
-eye mask and ear plugs
-contacts and solution
-glasses
-snacks, change for vending machines, hard candy
-camera
-headphones
-pen/paper

Then I attached a note to grab these things before I head out, because I can't keep them in the bag until then...
-phone charger
-kindle
-laptop
-make up bag
-pillow

Baby's bag
-two diapers
-pacifier
-newborn size going home outfit
-nb size sleep n play
-3 month size going home outfit (in case it's a big baby!)
-3 month sleep n play
-hat
-mittens
-2 pairs of socks
-nail file
-2 blankets (one for going home and one to wrap baby in and have my sister take home for my two cats to smell before we come home)
-the baby book for adding footprints, birth details, etc.

Let me know if you guys know of additional items I should add!

Sas1, that's good that he said that! Does it mean you're dilated?
I've packed my baby's bag but not mine. I need to so it this weekend for sure. I will be checking on your list lol.

My doctor appointment went good, I am 1cm dilated, 50% effaced and baby is engaged :happydance: I wasn't really expecting to hear that! Man did it hurt when she checked me, talk about OUCH! I've been bleeding slightly since then and notice some, mmm how to describe it... Waxy kinda looking stuff coming out of my hooha when I wipe... The blood is brown red, not flowing but there...

Yay ladies, I am happy to hear that you're all moving along so nicely!! My MW doesn't do cervical checks until 40 so I don't know anything at all about what's going on in there, other than that the baby's head has already been engaged for weeks... I am getting excited, but at the same time, would like baby to wait until 38-39 weeks. :)

Sas1 - Thanks for the list, I am going to start packing this weekend and will use your list as a reference. :)

Has everyone written a birth plan??

Hey Grlz, it's great to know that u all are progressing towards to the greatest moment of ur lives.
Emmediva - Congratulations on ur marriage,, wishing u a very happy married life !! 1 cm dilated & baby is effaced, that's wonderful :) Gd Luck.
Leinzlove - Great going for u too !! Seems like baby is I in all heads up :) I can't still figure out if my baby has dropped, I feel him on to of my tummy so not sure how low will I feel him once he drops. Good luck & keep us posted on how ur apnt with doc went.
Sas1 - thanks for the hospital bag list , I made mine on this weekend using yours as the base, Thank u :)) hope ur pelvic pain gets better , I m having pain in m right side butt. Guess that's where baby weigh is falling.
YikesBaby - My doc too starts pelvic exam after 37 weeks when we r full term. So I wouldn't know too whether I m ready or not. U have company :) me too hoping baby waits until 39 weeks.

Btw have been suffering with bad sore throat & body ache since last few days, keeps me up on nights ESP for the throat pain. Hoping to talk to my obgyn on what medication I can take. Any suggestions welcome. Wanna get rid of it soon. Good luck every1 & have a great new yrs eve!

Aanch, sorry to hear you aren't feeling good. I took Tylenol cold capsules, which my doc said was fine to take. You can also take hot lemonade made with real lemons and sweetend with honey for your sore throat. I hope you feel better.

Hello Ladies and Happy New Year's Eve!!!

Emmediva....Congrats on your marriage! Looks like it won't too long before your baby is here...so exciting :happydance:

Aanch...I'm sorry you're sick. Try gargling with warm water and salt. That usually helps me anytime I have a sore throat. Hope you feel better very soon.

Sas1...Your hospital bag list was VERY helpful. Thanks!!! I'm almost done packing.

Yikesbaby...hopefully baby will wait to come out closer to 39 weeks. Sending you good thoughts.

AFM, today I had my last Dr.'s appointment and went in for my pre admission testing. I am scheduled to go in at 8:30am this Wednesday for my 10:30am c-section...so excited. I can't believe I'm going to be a mom. This has been an amazing journey and I'm so glad I went through this with all of you ladies. I will be sure to post pics as soon as I can. In the meantime, I wish all of you well. I can't wait to see pics of all of our babies. I also hope all of you have a safe and quick delivery. Best of luck ladies!!! :flower:

Emmediva: I'm sorry I missed the wedding post! Congratulations! :)

Aanch: I hope you are feeling better now. It's awful enough being pg without being sick also. :hugs:

Mimi: Congrats! I can't wait to hear your birth story etc. WOW! Wednesday is tomorrow! :wohoo:

AFM: OB yesterday and no changes from last week. Excited that January is here! It's our month! I have ultrasound tomorrow. :wohoo:

mimi - Wow thats exciting !! Its Wedn today & 12 p.m. EST ... By now your daughter would be in your arms & you would be a MOMMY !!! Congratulations :)) Sooo happy for u ,,, you are the first one amongst our grp !

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes...i m still soo sick with this cold & sore throat & cough.. My obgyn asked me to try all home remedies and show it to my physician if it doesnt help. I am doing warm water + salt gargle,, honey & lemon in water .. steaming everything but it hasnt gone.. Have physician apnt today afternoon.. Hopefully he gives me meds to get well soon .

I roger that... being pregn itself in 9th month is a big task ,, above all u dont wanna be sick :(

Gd lck every1.. my next obgyn apnt is on Friday ,, he ll do Group B Strep test ,, how was it for you grlz ??

Mimi, can't wait to hear about your bundle of joy!

Leinzlove, so you haven't effaced or dilated anymore? I would've thought at least more effaced? :shrug: Haven't done this before so dunno lol.

I have my doctor appointment tomorrow, I've had :sex: Sunday and yesterday hoping to get things going and started taking Evening Primrose capsules Monday, they're supposed to help ripen the cervix. Since I was already effaced and 1 dilated I thought what the heck. Hoping for better news tomorrow.

Zoela weighs 7lbs 1oz, which is 50 percentile, measuring right on with her due date. She is also head down and fully engaged. I'm 1cm dilated and 20% enfaced. Heart rate is 140bpm. (She is 12oz bigger than DD was at this point.) We will be meeting our little love one day soon. :)

I do know that I won't be induced before 39 weeks and for sure I won't be allowed to go past my EDD.

I'm a bit surprised that she's taking up my whole belly. And she doesn't have much room left in there. My Dr. will really be looking at my placenta. With GD thats our worry that the placenta will stop doing its job earlier. So, I'm very curious to hear what he says on Monday. And I will go with whatever he suggests.

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1580.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1581.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1582.jpg

https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1583.jpg

Hi everyone, I m 36 weeks pregnant & was down with sore throat, cough since last few days. Since yesterday nasal congestion has started, my nose is completely blocked. And I am having severe sinus headache, pain in my no se, eyes, cheeks. It has even extended to my jaws & teeth. In tears now as I can't sleep. I took Sudafed plain as it was under my obgyn safe list of medications & also took Tylenol but the sinus pain is just not going. I want to have a good night's sleep & get rid of this pain. Can anyone help plz. Also do u grlz know how long it will take to go away. I soo hate this :(

aanch - I'm so sorry to hear about your cold! It sounds like it could be a sinus infection... ugh... I am so so sorry for you. I have had a sore throat for almost a week now and have been miserable when you combine the general discomfort associate with this part of pregnancy, so I can't imagine how you must be feeling. You could try using a vaporizer as well. I loved mine when I had a nasty cold in the second trimester. If it is a sinus infection though, you need antibiotics and should check in with your doctor. They may also have some different medication options for you. At this point our babies are almost fully cooked and taking meds is generally not so risky and there are plenty of safe ones that the benefit to your health heavily outweighs the minimal risk. I hope you feel better soon!

mimi - Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your baby and am so jealous! I am ready for my baby to make his appearance already!

I had my weekly appointment yesterday and had my group B strep test done. It was a little uncomfortable (but what isn't these days? ha) He also checked my cervix and said I am 50-75% effaced, but have not begun to dilate yet.

aanch: I hope you've found some relief for your cold. Do you have a humidifier or shut the door and run hot shower water and get some of that steam. :hugs:

SAS1: Yay for enfacement... I always think thats better to get things going than dilation. I never had any of that before labor with my first and she still arrived at 39+2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->