Gas and air in pushing stage of labour...

I didn't actually have to consciously "push" as my midwife encouraged me to squat up against the raised back of the bed. That upright position combined with the contractions meant my body did most of the work. Was a perfect delivery so I was very lucky but was an induction and had the HR monitor on bump so doesn't have to be a low risk labour for them to let you move round more here.

I kept the gas and air and like PP used it as they built then stopped while the pushing was actually happening. I loved the position I gave birth in and felt gravity did most of the work, ha ha.

Similar to Marchsammy here. In labour I started to use it but decided I didn't like it so gave up on everything. When I had the stitches I grabbed the gas and air, not because I hurt but it took the edge off me wanting to bat everyone away :rofl:

I had the g&a taken off me with my first because it was making me lazy, needed the extra pain to give me the incentive to push harder apparently :haha:. With my 2nd I was allowed to keep it because I really concentrated during pushing- the MW said "right let's try without the gas nd air on the next push" and I said "no no I'll push hard I swear!" :haha:.
I had a bad tear with my 1st (lying on my back to deliver like you) and a waterbirth with my 2nd, the water was amazing! :)

They wouldn't of dared to take it off me lol but didn't use it at the pushing stage just felt happy knowing I still had it . Xx

I didn't get mine taken off me.

Also it's always your choice. If you want the gas and air you have to tell them. Maybe write it in your bith plan for it not to be taken off you? Xx

I've had gas and air with all 3, and gave birth on my knees holding onto the back of the bed (the bed had the head bit right up) gravity, plus pushing meant quick pushing stages for me! Didn't have it taken away in any of them, though I did as others have said and took a huge gulp then held it while i pushed and breathed it out slowly when I couldn't hold it anymore. Becomes a rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->