Gave up TTC but period is now 5 days late...

ummar

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I was a regular here during the years we were TTC our only child, now a lovely 6 year old. We have not prevented since then but never got pregnant. I made peace with it and moved on.

For the first time this month, my period is late. It's usually very predictable, 28 day cycle. I had a tiny bit of light brown spotting on CD30 but this disappeared and nothing more has come.

The thing is, I took a Superdrug test this morning, which is 10 iu, ultra sensitive. It was a BFN.

Since I'm 5 days overdue, it should show up on a test already right?

I'm just assuming I'm not pregnant and something is going on with my system. What do you think?

I've attached a screenshot of my fertility friend app for this month.

Attachments

• IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 12
I would expect that if you had ovulated at your usual time, you'd have a positive test by now; that's not to say that you won't get a positive test though, as you can ovulate late. I've had two experiences of implantation bleeding, once a few days before I tested positive (however I'd left a week between tests at that point) and one a few days after a positive test, so it's not particularly conclusive. However, with the IB a few days before, my test was pretty dark when I got BFP, so I imagine I'd have tested positive the day of IB. I'd wait a week and then test again. I hope you get the result you're looking for!

Thanks! I've been tracking my cervix and it's closed, medium height and ranges between soft and firm. I know this isn't conclusive but there's no sign of my period coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->