gaviscon

bexie1985

Reaction score
ive brought a huge bottle today (as recommened from afew ladies on here) It says its fine to take when pregnant but doesnt say how much is ok to take??

I phoned my friend who is also pregnant and she said she drinks hers straight from the bottle,lol, is that ok to do???

That's what I do. I take a "swig" before getting into bed but more often than not, have to take another one about 30 mins later. Sometimes wake a few hours later with the burning symtoms, so take another swig then. During the day I have the tablets to take after meals. x

lol ok i'll drink from the bottle then :) there was no little spoon with it so i guessed that was probably the way to do it. thanks xx

As above - I'm swigging it like a filthy old alky these days :D

i swig away too. i also get mine on prescription from the dr so i dont have to pay for it.

yep me 2 lol and did do with dd and ds xx

Me too, another swigger! I take what I think is about 2 small spoonfulls, like you would a normal medicine. i'm sure it says a recommended dosage on the bottle though? In the day I'm on the fruit rennies, they taste like refreshers and do the day job nicely, but at night nothing else will do apart from the gaviscon!

yeah just take like a 'glug' full in your mouth.
its rank i hate it. xx

asif u can get in on precription and i just spent a tenner on a bottle!!! xx

asif u can get in on precription and i just spent a tenner on a bottle!!! xx

yep u can hun but i still buy mine cos my doc's give you one that does the same job as gaviscon but it tastes horrible lol

lol ok i'll bare that in mind! i didnt reaise u can buy different flavours too, does anyone know if the pepper mint is better than the aniseed?? xx

swig away girl till the heartburn goes away! Bit of a tip ladies go to your doctor and tell them that you have horrible heartburn then you can get Gaviscon on prescription which we get free on our maternity exemption card. My doc gave me 2 huge bottles that cost £11 each in Boots!!!

do u have to have a prescription or can u just show ur maternity exemption card??x

I think you need a prescription hun, I made appt with doc and got presc, then when I ran out (yep 2 huge bottles!) he just did a repeat presc for me!

i didnt even see the dr, i just spoke to the receptionist said i have preg related heartburn can i get some gaviscon ane she sorted it out for me.
prescription was waiting for me the next day.

thanks i'll ask my midwife to sort it for me at my next appointment :) thanks x

I get mine prescribed, as that way I get a 500ml bottle for free. Both times (and I'm due tomorrow to get at third one!), it's been the aniseed flavour. I don't know if you can specify peppermint at the pharmacy. The bottle itself gives a dosage, and my actual prescription says 10-20ml three times a day; but I do like the other girls and just take a swig! And I tell myself, "Mmmm, sambuca!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->