"Gay parents are selfish and cruel"

obviously gay ppl make just as good (or bad) parents as straight people. how sexual attraction is linked to parenting skill is beyond me. sadly a lot of our society doesn't see it that way.

however, i firmly believe that all children need a male AND a female role model in their lives, whether it be a grandparent, close friend, uncle/aunt, whatever.

I don't think it makes any difference at all to someone's parenting ability what there sexual preference is, although like some posters have already mentioned, I do think it's important for boys and girls to have positive role models of both sexes in their lives, whether that be a grand-parent, aunts and uncles, god-parents, close family friends etc xxx

I can't really think how to word my post..

Surely, in the case of gay parents, there are no 'oopsie' babies, every baby by a gay couple is planned. I say in a gay couple because clearly there are parents that have had a baby with the opposite sex then got with someone else of the same sex.

That being said, i think gay couples should in theory be great parents because the process of having the child in the first place is longer and harder than any other couple.

The only same-sex couple i know are Tegans-mama and her partner, and they are very obviously great parents. The love for Tegan is so obvious from both of them.

There has been a study which resulted in that Children of gay parents grow up just as well(and in some cases better) as children of straight parents.

and putting up a celebrity family is jsut as good as comparing them to other celebrity families.(who rarely show how average families are)

im all for gay couples having/adopting children. i dont believe for one minute that they need a male and female parent its the 21st century. Also how you love and look after children has nothing to do with the gender your attracted to x

No, definitely not. I think as long as the child has two loving parents, that's all that matters. I did a debate on this in high school and someone came back with "But the child will be made fun of if they have two gay parents!" and I thought a child will be made fun of for ANYTHING, the clothes they wear, the house they live in, the car they drive.. everyone gets made fun of. People are just uneducated, immature and old-fashioned.. they need to step out of the box and realize that a normal household is not a man, a wife and two kids.

obviously gay ppl make just as good (or bad) parents as straight people. how sexual attraction is linked to parenting skill is beyond me. sadly a lot of our society doesn't see it that way.

however, i firmly believe that all children need a male AND a female role model in their lives, whether it be a grandparent, close friend, uncle/aunt, whatever.

This is my opinion too :)

I know some gay couples that have children and they are excellent parents. Also my aunt and my brother are gay. I see them as people just like anyone else. Since gay couples can't accidentally have a baby, it does ensure that they really do want a child. I don't think anyone goes through the whole process of adoption or IVF if they don't actually want a child. And I don't see what being gay has to do with selfishness and cruelty at all. There are a lot of children of traditional male/female couples who are abused and ignored. Why would a gay couple who had to really work at having a child be more inclined to abuse or be cruel to a child than a straight couple who accidentally gets pregnant and doesn't really want to raise a child. I understand how people are concerned about the children being made fun of by others, but unfortunately in the world we live in, most children are bullied at one time or another regardless of their parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->