GBS+ in previous pregnancy

paintrider89

Reaction score
Waaaaa :cry:
I just read an article (USA doctor) about how if your GBS+ in a previous pregnancy they will automatically give you antibiotics in your next pregnancy.
I DO NOT NOT NOT want that again. *stomps feet*
That was the WORST part of my labor with DS. It made my entire arm burn and it hurt for a week after he was born! Like my vagina and all was fine, but my arm was miserable.
I have already been reading up on how to keep the GBS away so I can have a negative test, but the article clearly says you won't even be tested, it's just automatically given in labor. :nope:
Surely I can ask for a test anyway. I wouldn't want to put baby in danger, but I sure as heck do NOT want anything to do with those antibiotics if it's not an absolute must. Like I am positive the day I give birth. :shrug:

Sorry for the temper tantrum. That damn article just gave me some serious anxiety.

I am in US. I had Group B strep with my daughter but did not have it with my son. I did not have to have antibiotics with my son. That was awhile ago though so maybe things have changed?

I am in US. I had Group B strep with my daughter but did not have it with my son. I did not have to have antibiotics with my son. That was awhile ago though so maybe things have changed?

Maybe it is a doctor to doctor thing then? I hope so and not just standard procedure. Thanks for your reply, feel a bit better already!

I am glad :) You will be okay. Just make them test. You can request it if they wont but I am guessing it is doctor to doctor. I had the same doctor for both of my kids so they knew I was GBS positive with my 1st.

I ended up getting a cyst in the arm that they had those antibiotics in for 4 hours that had to be surgically removed. I have a nasty scar from it so yeah hoping not to do that again myself!

Wow. Sorry that happened. I don't seem to have any lasting effects. Just a little anxiety over the possibility of having to do that again.
Unfortunately I had to switch from my regular OB as I have no insurance this time around. So I have decided to go through one of the doctors who practice at the hospital. Just 1 bill that way. With a sliding scale fee.
I will tell them on the paperwork that I was + and the hospital records will show it. :thumbup:

Well I hope everything goes well for you! Must be tough with out the insurance but it will all work out and be fine! My insurance isn't that great of plan either I do not think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->