GD because of others!!

Discussion in 'Gender Disappointment' started by Nikki1979, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Nikki1979

Nikki1979 Mommy of 2

I am guessing that since because she is having severe morning sickness, the doctor must have said something like " it must be a girl with all the sickness" and she is going around telling people that she is definitely having a girl. She is crazy like that.

2. Wish85

Wish85 Pregnant with #2

Or the Dr didn't actually say anything at all about the sickness. Your SIL just said the Dr did so it sounded more plausible!

3. Boo44

Boo44 Mummy of 2 boys

I'm a theee boy mummy and I know what you mean SILs are tricky creatures!! My OH is one of theee boys. His younger brother got married and had their first child before me and OH were even married. I will distinctly remember for the rest of my life SIL saying to me on the day their first son was born "you'll give them (MIL/FIL) the first girl I just know you will". Bearing in mind I wasn't even married or thought of kids or anything! I didn't think much of it then. Since then she had a GIRL then another boy. And we went on to have three boys after she'd already had the girl. I often think back to her saying that and resent her. Because it just shows me how snug she must have felt when she had a girl. Actually the in laws are great and adore every single grandchild 5 boys and 1 girl! And the girl doesn't get any preferential treatment really at all that I've ever seen.

I'm perfectly happy (actually the right word is hard to explain - maybe ecstatic!! my children came from God and how could I ever want anything different than my very own sons?!) with my angels they are perfect. But I had to tell you this story and that I agree other people can make you feel bad things that you never felt in the first place!!

4. Nikki1979

Nikki1979 Mommy of 2

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do know that if my SIL has a girl she will be treated better and so will her baby. My MIL has always openly showed favoritism towards her because she has brain washed MIL and infront of MIL she is a totally different person. Doesnt bother us but I just don't want the other grand sons to feel left out through no fault of their own and just for being boys. Mother in Law will lose out in the end if her grandsons ( 6 of them) start resenting her. You are lucky that your inlaws are fair..my father in law knows what younger SIL is up to so he talk to her much and is fair with all kids.

The positive in all this is that atleast I know how not to behave with my daughter in laws :)

5. Nikki1979

Nikki1979 Mommy of 2

Yeah could be true...she has made up stuff before as well.

6. Jessicahide

Jessicahide Well-Known Member

I always thought my mother would favour a granddaughter, partially as she hates men and also because she told me she would. But funnily enough she still has her clear fave, my second son, ds1 has autism so is a bit difficult, ds3 is a complete daddy's boy and dd1 looks a bit like her dad....... What can you say really!!

7. Boo44

Boo44 Mummy of 2 boys

Funny isn't it! I've always thought the one my in-laws give the most special treatment to is SIL's youngest son. Who is the in-laws 4th grandchild and third grandson. He is younger than my oldest, but older than my younger two. Makes no sense at all to me as actually he's not even cute lol. And he's a bit naughty. But they often say things like 'X gives the best cuddles' blah blah blah. It's very easy not to be jealous about this as I can clearly see the others are much nicer haha. My older nephew and niece are lovely little kids. In laws are odd aren't they xx

8. Johnsa37

Johnsa37 Well-Known Member

This was amazing. Just what I needed to read. Thank you!

9. WackyMumof2

WackyMumof2 Well-Known Member

I also thought the same thing. My first 2 son's my pregnancies were almost identical so when I found out I was pregnant with DS3, I honestly thought he was a girl because my pregnancy was so different.

I've got 3 boys and I am happy! I only went ahead with pregnancy #4 because hubby has always wanted to try for a girl and I'd promised him if he got 3 boys I'd try once more. If he gets a 4th son, that's it for us. God had other ideas. Don't let everyone question what you are happy with. <3 Are you really content with your 2 boys or would you like a 3rd child (regardless of sex)? Only you and your hubby can really answer that. There is too much emphasis on a family not being 'complete' without at least one of each sex. If a 3rd baby feels right, go for it. If your happy, stay as 4. <3

10. WackyMumof2

WackyMumof2 Well-Known Member

Some families seem to have dominant sexes though out the generations too. Not too sure if there is any truth in the genetics but it does make on wonder. :) Hubby's father's side is more girls and generally one boy per family so the fact that we have 3 boys makes us wonder if it is a generational thing or not.

11. Nikki1979

Nikki1979 Mommy of 2

Sorry I didnt update. My SIL ended up having a boy. He sure is a little cutie. I think my hubbies side of the family is male dominant and my side is female.

12. hello_kitty

hello_kitty Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for her since she clearly wanted a girl, but I thought it was kind of ignorant how she went around saying she was definitely having a girl in the beginning.

13. Nikki1979

Nikki1979 Mommy of 2

I know. I was happy for her when they said that there is a strong possibility that they might hv a girl but was wrong of her to say that boy moms are cursed. Thats wat got to me. Anyway seeing the baby with his cuteness, I am sure all her Gd dissapeared or lessened. Once you hold your little one, you wouldnt have it any other way .

14. nicem815

nicem815 Well-Known Member

Her comments are silly! Try not to take them personally. You can have ALL the symptoms that you're having a boy or girl, and have the exact opposite. Lots of people thought I was having a boy this time because I'm carrying differently, but I'm having another girl!

I was initially shocked when I found out I was having another girl, but now I'm excited. This is what I have realized: all of the things people say about boys leaving after marriage, or all girls being so difficult---that's just nonsense. Look, KIDS will ALL have their good moments and bad moments. If you raise your children with love, kindness, closeness and respect--they will most likely want a relationship with you as they age--no matter their gender!