GD because of others!!

I am guessing that since because she is having severe morning sickness, the doctor must have said something like " it must be a girl with all the sickness" and she is going around telling people that she is definitely having a girl. She is crazy like that.

I am guessing that since because she is having severe morning sickness, the doctor must have said something like " it must be a girl with all the sickness" and she is going around telling people that she is definitely having a girl. She is crazy like that.

Or the Dr didn't actually say anything at all about the sickness. Your SIL just said the Dr did so it sounded more plausible!

I'm a theee boy mummy and I know what you mean SILs are tricky creatures!! My OH is one of theee boys. His younger brother got married and had their first child before me and OH were even married. I will distinctly remember for the rest of my life SIL saying to me on the day their first son was born "you'll give them (MIL/FIL) the first girl I just know you will". Bearing in mind I wasn't even married or thought of kids or anything! I didn't think much of it then. Since then she had a GIRL then another boy. And we went on to have three boys after she'd already had the girl. I often think back to her saying that and resent her. Because it just shows me how snug she must have felt when she had a girl. Actually the in laws are great and adore every single grandchild 5 boys and 1 girl! And the girl doesn't get any preferential treatment really at all that I've ever seen.

I'm perfectly happy (actually the right word is hard to explain - maybe ecstatic!! my children came from God and how could I ever want anything different than my very own sons?!) with my angels they are perfect. But I had to tell you this story and that I agree other people can make you feel bad things that you never felt in the first place!!

I'm a theee boy mummy and I know what you mean SILs are tricky creatures!! My OH is one of theee boys. His younger brother got married and had their first child before me and OH were even married. I will distinctly remember for the rest of my life SIL saying to me on the day their first son was born "you'll give them (MIL/FIL) the first girl I just know you will". Bearing in mind I wasn't even married or thought of kids or anything! I didn't think much of it then. Since then she had a GIRL then another boy. And we went on to have three boys after she'd already had the girl. I often think back to her saying that and resent her. Because it just shows me how snug she must have felt when she had a girl. Actually the in laws are great and adore every single grandchild 5 boys and 1 girl! And the girl doesn't get any preferential treatment really at all that I've ever seen.

I'm perfectly happy (actually the right word is hard to explain - maybe ecstatic!! my children came from God and how could I ever want anything different than my very own sons?!) with my angels they are perfect. But I had to tell you this story and that I agree other people can make you feel bad things that you never felt in the first place!!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do know that if my SIL has a girl she will be treated better and so will her baby. My MIL has always openly showed favoritism towards her because she has brain washed MIL and infront of MIL she is a totally different person. Doesnt bother us but I just don't want the other grand sons to feel left out through no fault of their own and just for being boys. Mother in Law will lose out in the end if her grandsons ( 6 of them) start resenting her. You are lucky that your inlaws are fair..my father in law knows what younger SIL is up to so he talk to her much and is fair with all kids.

The positive in all this is that atleast I know how not to behave with my daughter in laws :)

Or the Dr didn't actually say anything at all about the sickness. Your SIL just said the Dr did so it sounded more plausible!

Yeah could be true...she has made up stuff before as well.

I always thought my mother would favour a granddaughter, partially as she hates men and also because she told me she would. But funnily enough she still has her clear fave, my second son, ds1 has autism so is a bit difficult, ds3 is a complete daddy's boy and dd1 looks a bit like her dad....... What can you say really!!

I always thought my mother would favour a granddaughter, partially as she hates men and also because she told me she would. But funnily enough she still has her clear fave, my second son, ds1 has autism so is a bit difficult, ds3 is a complete daddy's boy and dd1 looks a bit like her dad....... What can you say really!!

Funny isn't it! I've always thought the one my in-laws give the most special treatment to is SIL's youngest son. Who is the in-laws 4th grandchild and third grandson. He is younger than my oldest, but older than my younger two. Makes no sense at all to me as actually he's not even cute lol. And he's a bit naughty. But they often say things like 'X gives the best cuddles' blah blah blah. It's very easy not to be jealous about this as I can clearly see the others are much nicer haha. My older nephew and niece are lovely little kids. In laws are odd aren't they xx

Well first of all what a load of crap regarding the morning sickness theory. I had not a day of queasiness with my first DS however this pregnancy I was vomiting 4x a day and had to be medicated, also a boy :)

Secondly, your SIL's quote about son's vs daughters is pure ignorance. Whether my son's get married or not they will always be my sons. No-one can change that. If I was her I'd be careful what she says because there is no guarantee she IS having a girl. It's hasn't been confirmed.

Thirdly, I don't have any tips as such because I am completely thrilled to be having my second boy and have no desire to have a daughter but if you change your perspective to believe that our children choose us for a reason and not the other way around it is actually quite beautiful to think they chose us to learn their life lessons. If a girl/boy wants to incarnate with you as their parent, they will. I have always known having a girl was never on the cards for me and I accepted that a long time ago because I trust the universe has a plan for everyone. I tell myself every day what a privilege it is to be the one responsible for shaping good men because the world needs more of them.

Don't be hard on yourself and feel however you need to but if you take a step back, you will see how it really doesn't matter what gender our children are, they just want to be loved for who they are xx

This was amazing. Just what I needed to read. Thank you!

Just because she is being sick this time does not mean she is having a girl. People can have completely different pregnancies and be having the same gender, I did. 2 boys completely different pregnancies.

I also thought the same thing. My first 2 son's my pregnancies were almost identical so when I found out I was pregnant with DS3, I honestly thought he was a girl because my pregnancy was so different.

I've got 3 boys and I am happy! I only went ahead with pregnancy #4 because hubby has always wanted to try for a girl and I'd promised him if he got 3 boys I'd try once more. If he gets a 4th son, that's it for us. God had other ideas. Don't let everyone question what you are happy with. <3 Are you really content with your 2 boys or would you like a 3rd child (regardless of sex)? Only you and your hubby can really answer that. There is too much emphasis on a family not being 'complete' without at least one of each sex. If a 3rd baby feels right, go for it. If your happy, stay as 4. <3

Some families seem to have dominant sexes though out the generations too. Not too sure if there is any truth in the genetics but it does make on wonder. :) Hubby's father's side is more girls and generally one boy per family so the fact that we have 3 boys makes us wonder if it is a generational thing or not.

Sorry I didnt update. My SIL ended up having a boy. He sure is a little cutie. I think my hubbies side of the family is male dominant and my side is female.

I feel sorry for her since she clearly wanted a girl, but I thought it was kind of ignorant how she went around saying she was definitely having a girl in the beginning.

I know. I was happy for her when they said that there is a strong possibility that they might hv a girl but was wrong of her to say that boy moms are cursed. Thats wat got to me. Anyway seeing the baby with his cuteness, I am sure all her Gd dissapeared or lessened. Once you hold your little one, you wouldnt have it any other way .

I feel so bad for feeling this way - am trying to get over it but it not working. I have 2 boys whom I love dearly. I didn't have GD when my 2nd one was born as it took a long time to conceive him and I was super elated to be given the chance at motherhood again. He is also a preemie which makes the guilt even worse.

My hubby only has brothers and all his brothers have boys only. His younger brother announced that they are expecting and the baby is most likely is a girl ( they already have a 3 year old boy). My SIL said that in the first pregnancy she had no morning sickness/tiredness etc and this time she is vomitting continuously so doctor said its most likely a girl. At first I was happy for her but now she is making me feel bad for not having a girl. Keeps saying things like I got my girl but feel sorry for moms who are cursed with boys only. I consider my boys a blessing and she said something like " a son is a son until he takes a wife and a daughter is a daughter for life".

Now I have this strong urge to have a baby girl. I get upset when I see little girls and since I am almost 38, the chances of me having a little girl is almost zero. I want to stop feeling like this and just want to be happy and content with my 2 boy. Any tips?

Her comments are silly! Try not to take them personally. You can have ALL the symptoms that you're having a boy or girl, and have the exact opposite. Lots of people thought I was having a boy this time because I'm carrying differently, but I'm having another girl!

I was initially shocked when I found out I was having another girl, but now I'm excited. This is what I have realized: all of the things people say about boys leaving after marriage, or all girls being so difficult---that's just nonsense. Look, KIDS will ALL have their good moments and bad moments. If you raise your children with love, kindness, closeness and respect--they will most likely want a relationship with you as they age--no matter their gender!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->