GD support thread

I had my last growth scan today and my not so little mans weight is estimated at 7lb 14oz already!!! I have my csection booked for 21st June when I will be exactly 39weeks (ticker is slightly off) I'm nervous and excited :)

Hey all. I'm back :D

Not sure if I ever updated with my son, seeing as I can't see his arrival on the first thread. But Alexander was born on the 23rd May, 2011, via EMCS after induction because of PE. He was put on a glucose drip for 3 days but he is very healthy now.

Unfortunately I am back again with GD, but thankfully it is still only diet controlled with the occasional high blood sure. I was diagnosed early this time and was just under the level for GD, but considering my history they have classed it as GD anyway.

Anyway I am due on the 13th September with another little boy.

How is everyone doing?

Forgot to mention I have my repeat scan on the 24th to check bub as a precaution for having GD. But my OB seems to think I am measuring perfectly by my fundal height. So hopefully that is the case.

I had my last growth scan today and my not so little mans weight is estimated at 7lb 14oz already!!! I have my csection booked for 21st June when I will be exactly 39weeks (ticker is slightly off) I'm nervous and excited :)

How exciting :D good luck. I'm jealous. I am so impatient. I still have 14 weeks to go.

I was told Alexander was newborn size at 30 weeks and he was born tiny at 37 weeks weighing 2610grams which I think is about 5.7lbs. So I don't entirely believe scan estimations.

Hi ladies. I had GD last pregnancy - insulin, induction etc that resulted in emcs :-( Just had the gtt at 18 weeks and passed. My first fasting reading was 4.6 and after the gtt two hrs later it was 7.6. Any insight as to whether this could indicate I'm borderline? I could feel my body didn't like the sugar dose, but then last time breakfast was a huge struggle and I regularly had 11+ readings after breakfast even with insulin! I'm 2.5st lighter and not on steroids this time and desperate for a normal natural birth. Although I passed I'm panicking! xx

I had GD with my first and got tested early this time too Babypenguin. My results this time were borderline so they were going to let me slip past but then my doctor reviewed it and said that since I had it before, they would say it's GD even though it was so close.

I would say if they aren't classing it as you having GD then they will probably retest you later on. Goodluck :D

I wouldn't panic. I think I actually took the news a lot easier this time, because I am prepared and know what it all means and how to control it.

I hope you slip past having it again.

Just found out I am expecting #4! Had GD with #3 in 2011, and was wondering how many moms end up NOT having GD with subsequent pregnancies or should I just expect it?

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Well so far so good! Had my GTT on Friday and passed really well! Was 4.6 before and 5.2 after from the proper blood tests. This was at 18 weeks so I am having it again at 28 weeks. There is hope though that I won't have GD this time. The differences are that I weigh 2.5stone less this time and am not on steroids (was on them for 4 months last time). Good luck ladies! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->