GD support thread

thanks everyone hes a happy healthy little guy and I am actually lighter now than i was before i had him because of the GD diet lol

thanks everyone hes a happy healthy little guy and I am actually lighter now than i was before i had him because of the GD diet lol

Aw great! He's gorgeous!! Did your sugars go back to normal immediately? Do you have to take another GTT in a few weeks?

Good luck BroodyBlair x

I'm hoping to find out on friday what the plan is for me! I'm only on 500mg Metformin twice a day but hoping to be induced due to risk of big baby (at 31+5 they were already estimating weight at 4 1/2 - 5lbs!! And my little boy was 10lb 6 at 41+4!)

Got scan on friday too so we'll soon see if she's a whopper lol. My babies are 4th generation of big babies in my family so their size is mostly down to genetics :dohh: unfortunately for me lol.

But my bloods are well controlled on metformin and have been from start so thinki g they might let me go longer than I'm hoping for lol

X

it actually went away before i had him and im totally back to normal now for me thats hypoglycemic

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Just after some ideas on what you all eat for breakfast in the morning....I have tried all different 'healthy' cereals including porridge but they still make my levels too high. I need something quick, easy and filling that I can have before work.....what do you all eat? x

I'm not a big breakfast person, so I usually have carnation instant breakfast (no added sugar) in milk. And it's quick in the morning when I have to work!

I used to be able to get away with Reddybrek - a kids finely ground porridge :shrug:

Toast and eggs was best for me though for keeping me full up.

Toast and eggs, toast and natural peanut butter... I can't do dairy or fruit in the morning so that's pretty much it :(

I used to be able to get away with Reddybrek - a kids finely ground porridge :shrug:

I agree with Amelie if your finding after breackfast reading high

I am so fustrated today

the last two days I am either high or hypo :dohh:
I had 3 weetabix supper milk and got a 5 after an hour that was with 7 units of insulin though yesterday I had 2 and got a 3.6 :dohh:

but then I was high before lunch low after, low before dinner but very high after and high before bed I am either 10 or hypo I am at a loss as what to eat!! I am hypo now and nothing in the house so will have to walk to the shop so fustrating I am on antibotics but they are ok for pregnancy and GD so I guess I will see what my midwife says today I have given her my readings today

also getting a lot of pains and baby is not moving as much as I would like may give her a ring and see what she says

I am so fustrated today

I had 3 weetabix supper milk and got a 5 after an hour that was with 7 units of insulin though yesterday I had 2 and got a 3.6 :dohh:

but then I was high before lunch low after, low before dinner but very high after and high before bed I am either 10 or hypo I am at a loss as what to eat!! I am hypo now and nothing in the house so will have to walk to the shop so fustrating I am on antibotics but they are ok for pregnancy and GD so I guess I will see what my midwife says today I have given her my readings today

also getting a lot of pains and baby is not moving as much as I would like may give her a ring and see what she says

Yes definitely give her a ring, best to be on the safe side

Thanks for all your replies, I had egg on toast this morning and reading was within range an hour later so looks like eggs may be the way forward.

Got a growth scan and check up this afternoon so fingers crossed that baby is on track

I am so fustrated today

Yes definitely give her a ring, best to be on the safe side

Thanks for all your replies, I had egg on toast this morning and reading was within range an hour later so looks like eggs may be the way forward.

Got a growth scan and check up this afternoon so fingers crossed that baby is on track

they have reduced my insulin :thumbup: baby is moving great now :dohh: so feeling much happier now :happydance:

I did have a mini melt down earlier when I was hypo, I was going to walk to the shop but changed my mind and rang my hubby he was able to come home to me :thumbup: poor man I probably worried the crap out of him I was a crying mess:cry:

does any one else notice lows can make you teary

So at 35+5 I've just had my las growth scan :)

Baby measuring big (90th-97th centile), but they did say that it's most likely down to genetics (which I knew anyway!) as my GD is well controlled.

Baby is still :pink: :happydance:

And my induction has been booked for 13th June :happydance: can't wait to meet my baby girl in 3 weeks :dance:

Tho VERY VERY nervous about the induction, had natural onset of labour with my lb :shrug:

So at 35+5 I've just had my las growth scan :)

Baby measuring big (90th-97th centile), but they did say that it's most likely down to genetics (which I knew anyway!) as my GD is well controlled.

Baby is still :pink: :happydance:

And my induction has been booked for 13th June :happydance: can't wait to meet my baby girl in 3 weeks :dance:

Tho VERY VERY nervous about the induction, had natural onset of labour with my lb :shrug:

Ooh fantastic! I'm due the 14th so we are on countdown together :). Do you think you might go naturally before then?

Also, have any of you girls tried plain frozen yogurt? As an alternative to ice cream. We have a place that sells it, 11g carbs for 1/2 cup. Just wondering if anyone has tried it with their sugars and found its alright/better than Ice cream.

Ooh fantastic! I'm due the 14th so we are on countdown together :). Do you think you might go naturally before then?.

I don't think I'll go naturally no, I went 11 days over with my lb so not holding out any hope of going early!

I have 2 sweeps booked for 10th and 12th so unless they help (which I don't think they will as I'll only just be 38 weeks) I forsee a long induction - nothing helped my lb along until I was already having irregular contractions and ended up with an epidural and drip :(

Nicky - I was induced with my eldest and it was an epic induction, assisted delivery etc :nope:

Second GD induction I had 2 sweeps in week 38 and then I was induced in week 39, it was just a case of breaking my waters. Established labour was 1hr 16 minutes. I was nowhere near ready with the sweeps either x

Nicky - I was induced with my eldest and it was an epic induction, assisted delivery etc :nope:

Second GD induction I had 2 sweeps in week 38 and then I was induced in week 39, it was just a case of breaking my waters. Established labour was 1hr 16 minutes. I was nowhere near ready with the sweeps either x

Yeah I had a horrible labour with my first due to his size, and had an assisted delivery :dohh:

So I terrified this time, but I want to at least give it a go rather than opted for a c section. I'm kinda hoping that as my body's done it before this time will be a little easier :shrug:

I was so bad today. I haven't had any sweets other than low carb cookies in the ten weeks since my diagnosis. And today I went to a party that had a sweet table, with cookies, cupcakes, gummy candies and taffy.

I kept track of what I ate and managed to eat 95g of carbs over 1 hour!! Yikes so bad!! Got a 1 hr reading of 8.8... Hopefully my fasting will be normal by the morning.

My willpower is decreasing with every week that goes by... Come baby come!!

Feelin guilty tonight!!

I was so bad today. I haven't had any sweets other than low carb cookies in the ten weeks since my diagnosis. And today I went to a party that had a sweet table, with cookies, cupcakes, gummy candies and taffy.

I kept track of what I ate and managed to eat 95g of carbs over 1 hour!! Yikes so bad!! Got a 1 hr reading of 8.8... Hopefully my fasting will be normal by the morning.

My willpower is decreasing with every week that goes by... Come baby come!!

Feelin guilty tonight!!

I don't know how anyone would have the willpower to follow their diet 100% of the time! I don't think a slip up here or there will do any harm.

I know I won't be able to follow it 100% of the time considering by the end, I will have been on the GD diet for 30 weeks!!

I don't know how anyone would have the willpower to follow their diet 100% of the time! I don't think a slip up here or there will do any harm.

I know I won't be able to follow it 100% of the time considering by the end, I will have been on the GD diet for 30 weeks!!

Wow that is a super long time. Do you take insulin though? I would think if you have to control your sugars for pretty much your whole pregnancy that they would try and make it easy on you!! I suppose in my next pregnancy I will be tested earlier since I was + this time and will have to deal with the diet for a Long time as well!!

Wow that is a super long time. Do you take insulin though? I would think if you have to control your sugars for pretty much your whole pregnancy that they would try and make it easy on you!! I suppose in my next pregnancy I will be tested earlier since I was + this time and will have to deal with the diet for a Long time as well!!

No insulin yet, but they are thinking about putting me on oral meds. They said that I am kind of in the gray area where I do a pretty good job controlling it, but may need some help! I am in the process of collecting 2 more weeks of numbers for them to look at before they decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->