Gender hunches anyone?

victoria1987

Reaction score
I am wondering if any of you ladies have a hunch/feeling about the gender of your child or if any women who are already mums had a hunch with previous pregnancies. I would love to know how accurate they are!

My reason I am so interested in this is I have such a strong feeling I am carrying a boy. Not due to any symptoms or real reason, just a feeling since even before I got my bfp. It is actually very funny because before I got pg I always dreamed my first would be a girl, and due to the gender ratio in my family being skewed heavily toward female, thought that I would never even have a boy. Now, I just think of this pregnancy as male for no real reason :shrug:

I was convinced I was havin a boy with my daughter. I had every boy craving going. I was so wrong
I had horrendous morning sickness with her and so far this pregnancy is scarily mild lol. So I'm gonna say boy! But I have about 12 weeks til I'll get to find out!c

I have a feeling It's a boy, so does OH but we could be wrong! Roll on 20 week scan haha!

I was convinced boy with my first despite everyone i knew being convinced he was a girl. I was right of course :haha:

I'm not sure yet with this one, have no feelings either way :shrug:

Good question...at first I was convinced I was having a boy. Then, I guess since my grandma nicknamed the baby Faith and started calling it a she, and my DH also thinks it's a girl, I'm starting to wonder. Either way, a baby boy or a baby girl would be so wonderful! :cloud9: Getting a little curious though at this point...what IS it??

Anyone finding out before 20 weeks? Our first scan is at 18 weeks or somewhere around there (they listen for a heartbeat at 12) but I don't know if 18 weeks is too early to tell

Boy. Simply because I had the most perfect pg with my son. No pains, ms or nothing...and so far I'm the same again!

I'm convinced I'm carrying a girl... Not sure why, just have always had the feeling as you say since even before I got my bfp.... Can't wait to see if I'm right! X

18 weeks is fairly accurate, they can be accurate from 15/16 weeks. And I thought mine was a girl, probably due to all the sisters I have. But he is a boy! I don't even know what to do with boys... :)

Before I got pregnant, and even the first few weeks I felt I could bet money on having a boy. Now though, I really think its a girl! LOL Who knows!!

Anyone finding out before 20 weeks? Our first scan is at 18 weeks or somewhere around there (they listen for a heartbeat at 12) but I don't know if 18 weeks is too early to tell

Me!! We're going in for a private scan when I'll be just over 14 weeks. We'll go in first and they'll do the scan, and then our family will be invited back to see the rest of the 20 minute scan and do 4D pictures....and then we'll tell them the gender. They have no idea that at 14+ weeks you can find out boy/girl, so they'll be quite surprised. :D

I would love to know how accurate all of our guesses are! Is anyone here not finding out the gender?

Also I did not realise that you could find out at 14 weeks privately, thought you would have to wait until at least 16-18. There is a private scan place that does gender scans at a really reasonable price and I am really tempted. I think it is just so cool that we can know so early on.

I found out with Sophie at 18 weeks

Personally I wouldn't trust it at 14weeks as genitals don't fully 100% develop til 16 weeks. They can have a good guess at 14wks though x

Me!! We're going in for a private scan when I'll be just over 14 weeks. We'll go in first and they'll do the scan, and then our family will be invited back to see the rest of the 20 minute scan and do 4D pictures....and then we'll tell them the gender. They have no idea that at 14+ weeks you can find out boy/girl, so they'll be quite surprised. :D

Oh wow that's neat! I didn't know you could do all that, either! I guess I won't have to try to book the scan late then, 18 weeks should be just fine. Very cool and I bet you're very excited! :happydance:

Last night, I had a dream that I'm having a girl, which when my mom was pregnant with me, all the women in my family had dreams that I was a girl.

Am guessing a girl for me as my symptoms have been almost identical !!! Apart from been tired this time had insomnia with dd lol

But I have same dislikes same cravings same everything strange !!

But it could be a boy but I highly dought it lol x

I think I'm having a girl :) Mainly because we only bd'd 3 days before I O'd and I just have a feeling its a girl

My MIL is convinced we're having a girl, but I think that's mostly because she wants a granddaughter after raising two boys! :haha: My mom has also voted girl, but I have had a gut feeling it's a boy since the beginning (BD/O timing) and maybe that's also due to the fact that we have solid boy name picked out! I'll be ecstatic either way. The waiting is TORTURE! Especially with Christmas coming up... I'd love to purchasing gender specific things already!

I just knew DS was a boy but I thought DD was a boy buy I was wrong! I had dreams that DD was a boy as well and I really did think she would be a boy so I brought 2 pink things and all the rest neutral colours xx

This time I have no idea yet. But both MIL and my mum think I'm having a girl xx

Love this....I have always thought id have a boy and an old wives trick of swinging the ring on a string came back with 2 boys for me but im convinced im carrying a girl I just have this gut feeling and so does the daddy! My friend is a medium and she didnt even know I was pregnant she told me I was and also said your having a girl :) Cant wait to find out :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->