Gender reveal-- help me!!!

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
So I'm planning to do a gender reveal party as this is my THIRD and FINAL baby. I found some cute buttons on etsy (blue and pink) that the guest can wear to show what he or she thinks the baby is. Love buttons haha. Now the actual reveal part is what I'm trying to decide on. I saw a simple announcement in an envelope and I thought I could let my five year old announce to everyone. OR I could do the colored ballons in a box and open. It would be a good photo op for social media announcement too. What do you guys think?

I'm also trying to decide whether I want to invite all of my friends an family or just family and closest friends... I'm friends with people who don't really know each other and so I feel like having everyone might be a bit awkward. But it seems like a small group may not be as muh fun.

Tell me what you guys think!

I had a very small group, in fact if it weren't for the fact that I was going to know around the time I take my annual trip back home to visit family, I wouldn't have had one at all but they never get to be a part of celebrations like that with us and and we never get to do it with them either so we just had our kids of course along with my parents, brothers and and brothers wife and their children and it was so much fun, we kept it simple, I bought some precut mustaches and lips from etsy, put them on some blue and pink paper straws and I made a cute chalk board that had everyone's guesses and we did a "photo-op" where everyone held up their lips or mustaches and then my girls opened up the big box of balloons together. It was lots of fun even though it was small ;)

I had only family and close friends and announced to everyone else through facebook. I had pink and blue decorations and a chalk board with everyone's guess of the babys gender on it. I had a cake made that had blue inside (or pink) and DH and I cut it. I do like the balloon idea! It's definitely cute! I've seen a a cluster of pink and blue balloons together with a black one in the middle and you pop the black one and out comes either pink or blue confetti. Wish you luck=)

With DD, I had a small party with my closest friends and family, but that's because a good percent of people invited did not show.
We played some games and I revealed using a cake I had made at a bakery.

I was planning this time to buy black balloons and giving each guest a balloon with blue or pink confetti and glitter inside (depending on the gender.) I was also going to give them little toothpicks or pin. and then on the count of "3" have everyone pop their balloon making it a big ol, very loud, but pretty reveal.

Then I decided maybe get ONE big black balloon and fill it with the color pink or blue, and then pop it front of people.

Then I decided on doing just the cake again. LOL There are so many cook ways to reveal. but perhaps the balloons out of the box would be best especially for social media photos.

PS: We decided not to have a party this time. But will still be revealing in a cute way.

I thought about confetti/ glitter/ silly string... They are all fun... But this mama of two plus the one cooking doesn't want to clean the mess! Haha! The balloon idea we would fill a large cardboard box that is decorated pretty with gender appropriate color! Then I think just our immediate family would open the box to reveal gender. I thought about cake too and like it but I dunno.. lol. I think I will do just family and maybe one or two of our friends. I wish my friends were friends with EACH OTHER! Hahahaha! Thank you ladies! Love your ideas!!

We did the cake with dd. We did it at chili's so there was no clean up for us. This time I would love to do the balloon pop thing, not sure if we'll make a big spectical again or not though.

What we decided on doing is, after we find out the gender, we are going to go buy food coloring and cake mix and frosting.
I am going to make a cake in the gender appropriate color, and fill it with the matching color between the layers. I will then frost the outside in pure white.
The cake will be pretty small
I will then give it to DD, and record it and take pictures as she destroys it. :D And thus reveal the gender. Then of course it will all go up on social media for family and friends.

I agree, the balloon reveal is easy and no clean up!! Have the kids open it=)

Thank you ladies!!!! I'm ready to know if this baby is the boy I think it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->