Gender segregation, inside the little boxes.

I don't have children so I cannot speak as to how I raise anyone.

I have just as much of a problem with forcing children into gender ambiguous boxes as I do with gender specific boxes. I believe it does a huge disservice to a child to leave them confused as to what their actual gender is. I would never live up to the stereotypes of what toys are for girls and boys, what is appropriate play and the friends that they have. I also won't purposely force my future child to play with different toys just because I don't want them to be pigeon holed into their biological gender.

I won't turn down well meaning family member's gifts or make someone feel like a terrible person because they dared to purchase a pink toy for my daughter. I don't think it is fair to push an agenda on a child that has no choice. Children have such an innocent view of the world and they will play with what they want to play with and a favorite color regardless of what the world tells them.

I'll let them pick whatever interests them. I won't forbid it (clothes, toys, etc.) because it is too girly or manly. But in the meanwhile, I will dress them according to their sex (and society- although I don't care for pink) There is nothing wrong with appreciating and accepting what you were born with and it help you emotionally prepare when your body start changing. The last thing I want is for a girl to be ashamed of her period when it is natural and normal.

BUT if she feel differently despite how I raised her (lesbian or thinks she is a boy trapped in a girl body) I accept that too.

exactly what I was trying to say too. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->