Gender - will you find out / what do you think / do you really want a boy/girl?

icklemonster

Reaction score
With DD I was so desperate to find out the gender we paid for an early gender scan. But after watching Call the Midwife, the other week I got a bit choked up at the announcement after the birth declaring "it's a boy". I thought I want that surprise after pushing LO out :) So we've decided this time we're sticking to team yellow.

I've always felt I will have 2 daughters, and I'm feeling pretty sure this is another girl though.

I'm completely cool with either gender this time, since I was little I always desperately wanted a daughter, and I got one first time round. I think it might be nice for DH to have a boy.

So are others finding out? What do you currently predict you are having? Do you have a preference either way? xxx

Team Yellow all the way! With my first, my ex forced me to find out (he was super abusive). I agreed to it on the condition that he keep his mouth shut and not tell ANYONE, so of course he told everybody in the world.

This will possibly be the only one my wife and I have together - between childcare expenses and my career, we just might not be able to manage another after this. So we are BOTH very excited to find out - once the baby is born!

This is our 3rd baby and we'll continue to be team yellow as we were with the first 2. I just love guessing and wondering. This time though I am having a gender card sent to a friend who is going to plan the coming home from the hospital outfit and a nice gender specific wrap or carrier for me. I am excited and so is my friend! I had made boy and girl coming home outfits when I was having the first 2 kids and I really didn't want the investment in 2 outfits this time around.

We're going to find out and I can't wait to know!

I always thought I'd want to wait as I'm pretty traditional and it seemed the more traditional thing to do. But my husband thinks having a baby is surprise enough and doesn't want nurses and doctors knowing before he does. And with him wanting to find out I know my patience won't stand up! What I didn't expect was to be so eager and excited to find out! After finding out I'm pregnant I think I want to know maybe even more than he does!

We found out with DD and will find out this time, probably paying for an early gender scan.
I think it's still a surprise to find out, whether that's whilst your pregnant or when you give birth.

We're team yellow for the 3rd tme :). Part of me wants to find out, just for the experience but I don't want to miss out on the experience of finding out at birth again. With my DD I was the one to see whether we had a girl or boy and it was just awesome :)

This is our 3rd baby and we'll continue to be team yellow as we were with the first 2. I just love guessing and wondering. This time though I am having a gender card sent to a friend who is going to plan the coming home from the hospital outfit and a nice gender specific wrap or carrier for me. I am excited and so is my friend! I had made boy and girl coming home outfits when I was having the first 2 kids and I really didn't want the investment in 2 outfits this time around.

Aw I've never heard of gender cards before, that's a nice idea :)

We will hopefully find out at our next appointment in 5 weeks! I'm very excited though my mother is totally against it. My DH is excited too! I really hope we can find out at this next appointment or we'll have to wait until the anatomy scan in 9 weeks.

I agree with iiTTCii, it's a surprise no matter when you find out. :)

My other motivation is that many people are willing to give me/sell me stuff, and I'd like to get it before they give it to someone else.

I also think knowing the gender will really help me bond with the baby as I'm not really a sensitive person and bonding has been hard for me with this pregnancy.

Edit: I forgot to say I'd love a little boy, but there are not any boys in my family so it's doubtful.

I'd love to find out, OH's changes his mind all the time, but I think he'll want to find out when it comes to it. We'd love a boy but I've always felt I'd have two girls xx

I have to find out will drive me completely mad if I didn't lol I found out with my dd and had all her stuff ready I need to know weather to get rid of her pink buts and get boys or keep it all .. Don't mind at all what gender

I can't decide. I found out for my first and initially thought a surprise would be nice for this one as it will be our last. Practically speaking it would be great to know if we can give away our daughters old clothes or not. I think it would be lovely for my daughter to have a sister but for my husband it would be great to have a son. Do this time either would be great.

I definitely want to find out. My OH wasn't so sure but certainly he seems to have come around about it now, especially after looking for gender neutral outfits. Although I'm still hoping to go fairly neutral to keep it balanced for the child.

I think we'd both quite like a girl but honestly, it's that situation where I'd be happy either way and just want baby to be healthy.

So far I've felt it's a little boy. <3

We will definitely find out! Did with my other two. I personally feel like it's a girl. But either or, no matter. A healthy babe is all I ask for :)

I really want an older girl and a younger boy and mt first is a girl so, so far so good! Couldn't wait to find out then and I cant wait to find out now. Hubs really wants a boy and I don't want more than two kids so I'm hoping he gets his boy, but we would obviously be happy with either.

My gut is thinking it's a boy only because this pregnancy so far has been different from the first, but I know that's not a deciding factor. My gut was right with my first, so hopefully it's right this time though.

I would love to stay team yellow. My first pregnancy and labor was totally natural "old school" and would love to do the same with the second down to the gender being a surprise, but I want time to collect hand-me-downs if it's a boy because all the baby stuff I have now is girl themed hand-me-downs.

Definitely team yellow for me. Did it first time round and having my husband announce we had a daughter was the most special thing in the world. I don't mind what we have - I am super excited to do it all again though with a newborn!
I think its another girl, based on nothing but gut feeling. This pregnancy is exactly the same as first time round so far, I'm feeling great and no major problems (touch wood)...so I'm guessing pink!

We will not find out. :) I'd be happy with a boy or a girl. Things have been tough to get to this point so just praying for healthy.

We both want a boy..Our first is a girl and i know being the only son..its important to him and the in laws to get a son to carry on the surname name especially in our tradition. I think k we'll be super excited with a healthy baby no matter what gender...but if we had a choice we'd want a boy now...i have no gut feeling per se. .just know that I'm pregnant is all

I want to find out, my partner doesn't. Ultimately though he would let me decide. I never thought I would want to find out!

Even if we find out I don't think we will announce the gender outwith family.

I think girl and would like a girl, oh wants not and isn't sure.

I am hoping to be on team yellow but secretly would like another girl as I have 4 boys and 2 girls already x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->