General Christmas Chat

There's a high chance there isn't one on the agenda. She went through a phase of wanting a guinea pig during the Summer holidays lol. She's not responsible enough yet for one, and I know for sure if she accidentally dropped a hamster she would end up fretting and not want to touch it again.

There's a high chance there isn't one on the agenda. She went through a phase of wanting a guinea pig during the Summer holidays lol. She's not responsible enough yet for one, and I know for sure if she accidentally dropped a hamster she would end up fretting and not want to touch it again.

If you recall we got DDs one two years ago (still going strong too). He's a lovely little thing and luckily quite happy but I'm disappointed the girls don't get him out as much or take great care. As expected I'm the one to clean him out, change his water etc. He seems happy enough but I do feel bad he doesn't get as much attention. X

If you recall we got DDs one two years ago (still going strong too). He's a lovely little thing and luckily quite happy but I'm disappointed the girls don't get him out as much or take great care. As expected I'm the one to clean him out, change his water etc. He seems happy enough but I do feel bad he doesn't get as much attention. X

She's far too noisy on her PC to have it in her bedroom, which will stress it out. When her birthday comes around in June I might rethink it if she's still wanting one by then. Plus her bedroom is like a teens room - leave food around, rubbish, drinks the lot. OH told her as DD1 has a snake, she can ask and get what she wants for her birthday (unwise words, eh?!)

She's far too noisy on her PC to have it in her bedroom, which will stress it out. When her birthday comes around in June I might rethink it if she's still wanting one by then. Plus her bedroom is like a teens room - leave food around, rubbish, drinks the lot. OH told her as DD1 has a snake, she can ask and get what she wants for her birthday (unwise words, eh?!)

Yes they're quite jumpy little things. I have a feeling she will get one if her sister had the snake :-k

OMG what is it with girls and messy rooms
DD1 drives me mad with hers. She clearly hasn't picked up my OCD for tidying and organising lol

Yes they're quite jumpy little things. I have a feeling she will get one if her sister had the snake :-k

OMG what is it with girls and messy rooms
DD1 drives me mad with hers. She clearly hasn't picked up my OCD for tidying and organising lol

yes my daughter is soo messy too! She never hangs anything back up in her wardrobe and just leaves everything everywhere and seems oblivious to it. I can't stand mess :hissy::haha:

Not many sales going on or due. I was disappointed in the amazon early access, but regret not buying one thing as OH snubbed his nose to it. Hoping entertainer have an offer on soon and I'll buy it from them

Smyths have a 3for2 offer on Scentos

Sainsburys have their toy sale going on

not much use to me though as my kids don’t want toys this year they have so many toys sat in boxes I’ve just gotten rid of a load of hot wheels my eye is on the superhero figures next haha!

Going from Facebook, a lot is targeted at toddler toys, plus mine is a mission away from me. I'm looking for more crafty/activity related this year. Amazon had something called Pixobitz studio similar to aqua beads but blocks and minecraft-esque for £15.95 in their early access, now it's £23 (and £30 elsewhere). I know it's only £7 but it counts :haha:

May as well get rid whilst you can! Binned so much of the girls these past few weeks. Not worth giving away nor selling.

It's sooo much harder when they don't want to play with toys anymore :(

I have 2 non-believers in the house now! I knew DD1 knew but she didn't dare say, but DD2 came out with it on Sunday. On the plus side, it means no more elf on the shelf malarkey, and an easier Christmas eve taking presents down. Proceeded to tell them about OH falling down the stairs with them last year :haha: still makes me giggle to myself.

Awww it's bittersweet when they stop believing. I'm don't know with Nate whether he does or not, but Seth still completely does. I dread the day I have no believers but also it'll make things easier as Seth is constantly asking for things they don't make anymore or you can only get in America and going 'it's OK, Santa can get it as he flies over' or 'the Elves will make one' :haha:

Haha bless him! Tell him that Santa has different workshops for different countries. The girls always knew that we bought the "main" present which tends to be the most expensive and santa bought the rest within reason.
We've always told them that we'd work our hardest to try get them what they want. It's tougher with work this year, I accepted a second promotion in June which took me from hourly (and overtime) to salary so my pay won't fluctuate/increase for Christmas. In that aspect, I guess they'll understand the money situation more

Aww I think mine are still believers for now....although they do question often if he is real. Especially DD2.
Didn't help I slipped up majorly last week when talking about downstairs presents and I said 'there won't be many, which was met with 'but santa does the downstairs presents so how would you know'

I also told them he stops coming when you stop asking for toys. DD1 just shrugged her shoulders.

I've made up so much rubbish over the years it's all catching me out now :xmas13:

The main thing I'll miss is the santa tracker and elves as my two have always loved that more than the whole 'Santa's been' thing.

The other year I said with covid and the difficulties getting materials Santa might not be able to make as many of each toy and would have to share them between all the children in the world :haha:
The problem is we don't always do a main present, this year he has again present as he wants a switch, but last year there wasn't anything big he wanted, he tends to like little bits and pieces so things that should only be £10-20 because it's just a wwe figure, but actually it's a wwe figure that they don't make anymore and was only ever released in the US and with delivery will be £100 and you'll try to distract him or prepare him to for getting it but it's all he'll talk about and mum guilt kicks in because I still feel bad 12 years after Zac didn't get his double sided lightsaber :haha:

Covid helped a lot of parents with excuses!
Tell him Santa is no longer making certain presents as he needs to find new special elves who have the knowledge lol. Oh you cruel mother :haha: hopefully he had an explanation after all this time!

I'm really struggling to find a tree topper this year, not seen many about which aren't LED, glittery, cheap looking or mirrored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->