General Christmas Chat

motherofboys

Reaction score
I know that as we get closer to the big day we'll start getting more specific posts, like the usual tree post, and show us what you bought post, but I thought in the mean time it might be nice to have a general post to talk about all things Christmas related.

I've noticed it feels chillier in the mornings now, I had an early start at work yesterday and had to wear my coat. Its funny as any other time of the year being colder just means it's not as warm, but when it starts getting cooler in September it always feels like Christmas is calling :haha:

The only time I don't mind it getting colder and darker is the lead up to christmas..once its January I'm ready for spring time again :-D

Its my girls birthday week this week, once we've done this work it's all things Christmas.

Anyone booked a grotto yet?

Same :haha: from September to December it holds excitement, and once January hits its just blooming cold and horrible :haha:

Exciting that the girls birthdays are so soon. 2 of mine are in October so I need to start thinking about them soon.

I am the same too. I love this stage up until after Christmas. January and February are just depressing!

I feel like the light nights/early mornings didn't last very long. I remember the off 8pm feeling like it was 4pm due to being so light but I set off for work between 4:15am-4:30am and it's pitch black until 6am. So much more groggier too weather-wise, then again it's back to school so it's bound to be horrible :haha:

In DD1s words mummy it’s chilly this morning ! She’s never cold either !!

The grotto we are hoping to go to has not released their tickets yet ! Hopefully be sometime this month. .

I hate January !! Feb not so much because we have a few birthdays .

wow @c1403 your girls birthdays are super close how lovely !

It’s been very grey here but I still think it’s been quite warm haha! I love the chilly autumn weather just not the rain or winter once it’s past new year.
We have H’s birthday not this weekend but next and once that’s out the way it’s straight to Halloween and Christmas mode!

I’ve not booked anything yet. My boys are at the age where there just not so fussed on doing the Santas grotto stuff. Harvey still believes (I think) he’s not said otherwise but a lot of the grottos are geared towards younger ones and Morgan would be mortified at the sheer thought. He was bad enough last year when we did breakfast with Santa.
I’d like to do something Christmassy still just not Santa but not sure what?

I'd quite like to do a santa train as Reuben is really into steam trains at the moment but ones fully booked and the other hasn't opened booking yet so I'm just sort of in limbo.
Yes I hate back to school too. Of course it's only my eldest 2 now but I still don't like it :haha:

Has anyone seen that Disney have Tim Allen back for a new Santa Claus series? I'm so bloody excited! The Santa Claus is the Christmas film of my childhood (along with muppets) and for it to be Tim Allen too is just perfect.

I'd quite like to do a santa train as Reuben is really into steam trains at the moment but ones fully booked and the other hasn't opened booking yet so I'm just sort of in limbo.
Yes I hate back to school too. Of course it's only my eldest 2 now but I still don't like it :haha:

Has anyone seen that Disney have Tim Allen back for a new Santa Claus series? I'm so bloody excited! The Santa Claus is the Christmas film of my childhood (along with muppets) and for it to be Tim Allen too is just perfect.

I just watched the trailer for that it looks so good! Can’t wait to watch it.

Have you tried Kent and East Sussex railway mother of boys we've done that and it's fantastic. Well worth paying extra and having your own compartment too.

I saw the trailer too. Can't wait. I've jsut got a 3 month free subscription to disney plus too. Just in time for hocus pocus and Christmas films. I'll probably pay for one extra month to see us through December too.

We started with a month's trial so they could watch Mandalorian when it came out and ended up keeping it as there was so much more than I expected on there.

I haven't looked at that one, just the 2 smaller ones near me so I'll have to check that one. We did one a few years ago with my mum but I wasn't even pregnant with him then. He watched Polar Express the other week and was absolutely transfixed, he heard a noise that night going to bed and said "what's that sound? Polar Express?!" Today he spotted a Christmas jumper in his draw, as we pass a lot of clothes down, and insisted on wearing it :haha:

My studio 24 Christmas book just arrived. And I've just requested a Smyths catalogue too

Booked santa grotto. Going to a farm with reindeer :D
Wanted to book a polar express train ride but only had 15th November available and that felt too early for Christmas.

Smyths catalogue came today, had a browse at the dolls and barbies for old times sake. Think DD2 will pick out a hoverboard or electric scooter. Shame they won't want anything from there much more. :(

I must be on their mailing list as didn't request it x

Hi everyone getting excited for Christmas!
Think I need to get some extra hrs in at work, eldest has started asking for names clothes ££ & middle has asked for a gaming pc! Not sure he’ll get it yet!

having read through the post, I’m the same. Love this time of ur with all the excitement of Halloween & bonfire then build up to Christmas. We have youngest 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks first.

Jan/feb are worst months for me- gloomy, freezing & skint! :roll::lol:

can I ask a couple of questions-

how did you manage to get a free 3 months for Disney plus?
And is studio good?

thanks, looking forward to Christmas planning! :lol:

Think I need to get some extra hrs in at work, eldest has started asking for names clothes ££ & middle has asked for a gaming pc! Not sure he’ll get it yet!

having read through the post, I’m the same. Love this time of ur with all the excitement of Halloween & bonfire then build up to Christmas. We have youngest 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks first.

And is studio good?

Hiya

I'm with samsung and got a email inviting me to 3 months free.

I've had studio in the past and been happy with it. It's slightly more expensive then the usual shops in my opinion. Always do nice wrap and personalised bits.

Hiya

I'm with samsung and got a email inviting me to 3 months free.

I've had studio in the past and been happy with it. It's slightly more expensive then the usual shops in my opinion. Always do nice wrap and personalised bits.
Lovely, thank you. I’ll keep my eye out for deals as I fancy the new Santa clause Christmas series/film & no doubt lots of other Christmas programmes & films will be on there!

I must be on their mailing list as didn't request it x
I was a couple of years ago but must have fallen off it as stopped receiving them, I had to request one last year so I just and requested it this year too. That being said I've still not had it through.

And is studio good?

I like studio for the wrapping paper. Haven't checked the prices this year yet, with everything going on with cost of living, but their paper is usually pretty cheap and of good quality rather than the cheap ones that tear as you're wrapping :haha: they do personalised bits as well that I used to buy until we had loads of boys running round in pyjamas that had their brothers name on it so I stopped :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->