Genetic Screening Worry. Help?!

HappyPanda4

Reaction score
I had my first trimester screen done well over a month ago but it somehow got lost due to clerical error. Although the dr. hasnt reviewed it, the nurse gave me the result over the phone.

Downs- 1:375
Tri 18- 1:110
Tri 13-1:110

I asked if it was in range but she said I would have to talk to my dr. but they closed in 15 mins which made it impossible. The numbers seem low since with my other children they were in the 1000s. Does anyone know the result range? Is 1:110 high risk? I have googled but have found conflicting info. My head is spinning and I am worried like crazy. Thanks in advance!

Have you crossed into a different age bracket since your last pregnancies? (Like past 35?) That can have an effect on the stats.

No, I mean its been 5 years since my last pregnancy but I am 28 years old now.

I was 1:11 for Trisomy 13, 18, so 1:110 seems fairly low risk to me. If the doctor is concerned though, you could opt for one of the non invasive blood tests, like MaterniT21 (there are others, but that's the one I chose) just to make sure everything is okay. Good luck.

I would do one of the blood tests to ease your mind. Check with your insurance to see if they'll cover it and if not, how much it will be.

On my letter it says they will call if you are over 1:150 but since they didnt it must be ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->