Geritol Tonic - Baby in a bottle?

I didn't have a baby in my bottle last cycle and I took Geritol religiously. I think my IUI was timed wrong but I'm going to give up Geritol for my next cycle.

Lala1212 its OK sorry I took so long to respond back, I'm hoping I get a bfp soon, haven't missed a day of my geritol

After one screwed up cycle I just bought a little bottle, I'll update whether the results are good or bad :D opted for the tablets because i already have evening primrose oil and that stuff tastes vile, I'll stick to tablets since I'm taking a separate folate anyway :)

hey ladies I took the geritol complete 3 times before I ovulated,bd every day,and did a while lot of praying and asking God for a child and I got my :bfp: on the 7th...don't give up or lose faith in God!

Hey I been taking geritol since 11/10/13 and now 11/28/13. Haven't tried a Hpt yet. Can you please keep me in your prayers? I'm really trying I got on depo back in 08/2008 and i suppose to went back in 07/2011. My cycles been regular I went to a women clinic everything is normal so I don't know what's the problem. I just need some prayer. Hoping that it it happens for me. Thanks Alot baby dust to all.:thumbup:

I haven't finished a bottle yet but af came last cycle but I only started taking it about 2 weeks prior, we'll see what this round brings :)

Hi anyone still on this thread, i have just received a bottle of Geritol tablets in the post yesterday ,I am on CD 11 n should Ov around cd15 do you think I should just start taking them straight away or wait till the start of my next cycle ,,,thanks

Hi anyone still on this thread, i have just received a bottle of Geritol tablets in the post yesterday ,I am on CD 11 n should Ov around cd15 do you think I should just start taking them straight away or wait till the start of my next cycle ,,,thanks

It's just a regular vitamin, so start taking them anytime. I started mine about a few weeks ago, but we may have missed the egg this cycle with dh being out of town. I did get pregnant with my dd after taking geritol complete for a month. Not sure if it was the reason, but it didn't hurt!

Aww thank you for quick reply , that's what I thought so have taken 1 n trying to get oh to take them too, good luck and exactly ,can't hurt trying x

Heya, I started taking mine a week before O last cycle, sadly no luck but now i've been on it around a month, getting close to the end of the bottle and you know what they say ;) hehe !

I just started my p today and started takong liquid geritol..is this what im supposed to do and how long am I supposed to take it

I just started my p today and started takong liquid geritol..is this what im supposed to do and how long am I supposed to take it

I took the pill, but it is just a normal multivitamin. You can take it all cycle. I switched to prenatals once I got a bfp. If yours doesn't have a good amount of folic acid you will want to take an additional supplement. :flower:

Hi Ladies,

I have never heard of this but may keep this in mind. I came off the depo injection at the start of November. I didn't know how long it could take to get pregnant after being on it!!!! So I know its going to take a while but may give it a few months then try this

xxx

Thank u Ive been taking it for a couple days its horrible but it will most def be wirth it if it works...did it work for you?? And do u only have sex on the days u r ovulating?.. I m really bew to this sorry

Definitely no baby at the end of my bottle, got one more but I doubt i'd buy this again over any other normal multivit

hi ladies ,I started taking the tablet form of Geritol around 6 weeks ago, a few days before I ovulated,my period didn't turn up but I didn't test as just thought maybe the vits has caused it, I started bleeding this morning ,so out of curiosity I took a test tonight and blow me it came up the darkest positive, now given I'm bleeding quite dark blood with mild cramps can only assume I'm miscarrying, I have read that once a positive test is done you should stop the Geritol n take prenatal vits instead, so any thoughts did carrying on taking the Geritol have contributed to a miscarriage ,and also should I carry on taking them just in case its not a miscarriage, I think it is though, also I turned 46 in December so chances of miscarrying are high anyway, I currently have 6 children ,my 7th was stillborn march 2012, with another miscarriage between then n now ,any thoughts n tank you

So sorry maryanne67 :((( I don't think it's the geritol. It's just a multivitamin- no herbs or anything weird. The reason it's important to switch to a prenatal is because prenatals tend to have the right amount of what we will need in pregnancy- like more folic acid. However, my dr told me I could just take a regular vitamin (which geritol is) and also take more folic acid. Or he said if my diet is good I don't need a multi vitamin, just a folic acid supplement. So I really don't think taking geritol would have caused anything. It has a lot if great things for ttc which is probably why it helps! Although I've taken it the past 2 months and no luck yet, but I was taking it when I got pg with dd.

thanks stranjegirl, the bleeding isn't too heavy at the moment but the mild cramps seem to come and go more so if I get up to pee, I'm not going to take the Geritol tonight ,I usually take it before bed, cramps notched up a bit when I went to the loo 5 mins ago but settled a bit now I'm sitting, fxd for you the Geritol helps , if I am indeed miscarrying I will start taking it again ,am trying to get hubby to take some Wellman conception vits but having had them 5 weeks already he is resisting ,saying he needs good healthy food that he just doesn't eat , I will persevere with trying to get him to take them ,good luck everyone still on this thread

I will keep testing bleeding isn't as heavy as past miscarriage I had but is still ongoing cramps have more or less stopped now will test in a couple of days ,thanks for your thoughts xx

:baby: IM NEW AT THIS AN DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THE ABBREVIATION CA SOMEONE TELL ME WUT AF AN DF MEANS AN I AM 48 YRS OLD AN BEEN TTC FOR ABOUT 3 MOS I STARTED THE GERITOL MULTIVITAMIN. Is this the GERITOL COMPLETE AN I ALREADY BEEN ON FOLIC ACID FOR OVER A MONTH. I FOUND THE GERITOL ENERGY LIQUID IS THA THE SAME. I HAD MY M.C. ON 01/13 AN WAS OVER BY 01/15 I JUST READ ABOUT THE GERITOL LAST WK MY OV WAS 01/24-29 I STARTED TTC ON. 01/20 an having sex everday on my frist day of ovulation i started my geritol pill the pill is dark red an has gc label am i doing this right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->